Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• WinthalWinthal Member Posts: 366
    Observer mode Aww Alora is so cute with her misplaced positivity, good job portraying her @Permidion_Stark :) Everyone else too, very fun thread
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    W-Wait.....Let us make sure there isn't anything.....evil in the box before we open it. Can anyone feel anything evil from it?
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    As if a brute's compliments mean anything to me, bah. (though it does show he possesses some wisdom, clearly)

What do you see, halfling?
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    It's okay everyone I'm almost certain that there isn't a trap that will kill us all. Yeah, I'm almost definitely certain about that.

I'm going to unhook the catch but I won't open the box yet. Has someone got a spear of something so we could push the lid open without getting too close?
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    "Please and thank yous are a waste of time. We have more important matters at hand."
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Keldorn looks slightly sick at that last comment... "This entire area radiates... the strongest of evil," he says. "I made the mistake of trying to detect evil on this hill yesterday. I am afraid that power is useless here."
    Alora undoes the catch, and the top of the box pops open with a slight "snick". Nothing else happens, though, and everyone seems to breathe a sigh of relief.
    edited August 2012
    *being mindful to not step into any traps, step away from the box and hide behind Minsc, looking over the shoulder that boo isn't on*
    You see! I told you there weren't any traps! I wonder what's inside the box? I bet it's something nice.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
    Well, step away, I´ll open it. (Helm help me)
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    "Let the evil flow from this box, Minsc is ready."

Raises his sword high, and guards Aerie against any attacks.
    Alora uses her dagger to open the box, keeping her fingers well away from it, and opens it to see... it's empty? No, not quite. She sees something bronze at the bottom of the box, on a slant so that whatever it is goes into the wall.
    I think we should be careful Ajantis! I'm running away as fast as my boots of speed will take me.
    Ajantis, from his greater vantage point of height, sees that it looks like some sort of wand or rod...
    Okay I'm running back now!
    "Behind me Aerie, This bronze bit of evil will not harm you as long as Minsc is here."
    *is ready to jump from behind minsc and cast if needed, but barely any part of her except her eyes are exposed by the mountain of hero standing before her.*
    If Ajantis will lift me up again I'll look at the bronze thing and see if it looks like a trap.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
    Okay, It seems to contain a wand or maybe a rod... I´m not sure, it´s definitely not a trusty sword. Maybe one of the mages could inspect this further.
    A wand! Edwin come and see, come and see! We found a wand! We found a wand!
    *looks over at Alora wondering how she can be so.....energetic in a place like this, before taking a moment to look around, worried there might be things living in these halls. She tried to pay attention, but her mind is filled with the things that could go wrong.....*
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    ...While in town, the soft mists of dawn remind Garrick that the new day has arrived, and what an adventure it will be sure to bring! Truly, he might have been better served by resting, but the opportunity to travel with such valiant companions was too much for him to bear! At mid-day, they would arrive and welcome him to the party with open arms. Surely, such an endeavor would be worthy of song.

Unable to resist the urge, Garrick puts the time to better use and retrieves his lyre. "Day breaks, it merry makes!" Truer words he could not have sung.

A groan from the shadows reminds him that some had indulged mightily and would suffer head pains from overconsumption. Merry tunes were as good a cure-all as any, so he continued his brightly tune. "Adventure calls, a song for all." Not as good as the first line, but it would work in a tight pinch. Truly, no bard was his equal - at least not in these parts.

Thinking of these parts, he was painfully reminded that the would-be minstrels in this backwater were largely untrained and clearly without the finer points that the college-trained and utterly famous Garrick had mastered years ago.

"Shut yer yap," the groaning sleeper barked.

Stopping, Garrick answered, "You, good sir, have no taste." It was the boldest of insults, but would surely teach the miscreant about good manners and the respect that a minstrel was due.

Quick reflexes enabled Garrick to avoid the incoming bottle, showing him that he was wrong about teaching this miscreant anything. A pity...
    Permidion_StarkDrugar
    OOC @reedmilfam lol, excellent tension break there good sir. i applaud thee.
    Edwin makes a pass with his hands and mumbles a spell. "It's not magical," he reports. "(Now stop bothering me. I have more important things to consider!)"
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Tiax needs to see.
    Hamster Carrier, Tiax is in need of your special "skillset".
    *Gestures at Minsc to become his stool*
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    OOC: Short delay, was going from work to home)

I wave the bronze item around

If it's not magical, I have no intrest in it. However, considering the presentation and construction, it may have some use in a puzzle or trap later on. I suggest one of you packmules carries this, so it may be used at a later time (while I am spared the trouble of caring for it, of course)
    Minsc assists Tiax
    We found a piece of a puzzle! Let's go look for some more! Is everyone having fun! I'm going a bit further down the tunnel to see if there are any more traps. Come on Edwin, try to keep up!
    Okay, guys... keep in mind that this box has a 10' by 10' pit in front of it, and another to the left side (i.e. behind the first pit). There's not a whole heck of a lot of room to sightsee...
    *looks around at how relaxed everyone is, confused by the way each seems to be so relaxed. She decides maybe her instincts were wrong, and that she should try to trust those around her that have seen so much fighting and times of troubles, but they have lived through those times, and surely they would live through this as well.....Right?*