Skip to content

Come share your odd gaming habits! What do you refuse to do in BG? What wierd ideas do you love?

booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
It seems like a lot of people like to make their games more "realistic" or more "awesome!" by creating their own rules or play-styles. Many people refuse to use certain tactics, or like to adopt some odd, unorthodox techniques for roleplaying reasons. Many others like to sacrifice POWER! for STYLE . Other times people do things or refuse to do things because it would be out of character (like refuse to case Animate Dead with cute little Aerie like @Dragonspear ). Others, like @belgarathmth don't enjoy using bags of holding or switching/carrying copious amounts of items because they think it breaks immersion.

So I thought I'd start a thread where everyone can share their oddities! A chance to share your ideas and eccentricities.

Okay, I'll start.

I never backstab with quarterstaves, because I think sneaking around then poking someone looks lame!

Who's next?
Post edited by booinyoureyes on
nanoJairyannajackjackTethorilofLathanderBelgarathMTHQuartzNonnahswriterJuliusBorisovChildofBhaal599AntonAristilliusWandering_MinstrelCrevsDaaksemiticgoddessGemHoundGrum[Deleted User]ButtercheeseSmilingSwordgorgonzola

Comments

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    oooh, that's a good one. How about if the bottle is stored in their belt? I guess dual wielders would have trouble, and in the middle of battle its tough. Maybe have them back out for a second then drink, then back to the fray?
    BelgarathMTHQuartzJuliusBorisov
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    @booinyoureyes

I have other backup weapons of course. Spears, Axes etc, but i consider those to be their main weapons
    booinyoureyes
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180
    @booinyoureyes lmao, if I was a druid, I definitly wouldn't wander into battle with wooden weapons that weren't enchanted :P I'm not saying I don't agree with you, they SHOULD be able to use metal, since it's from the earth and everything, but I think the 2ed rules state that Druids can't wear metal armor, and that's where I get that from
    booinyoureyes
    I know, and I see exactly where you are coming from, but I just think the official rulebook is totally wrong :)
    StoneSwordsBelgarathMTHmeagloth
    Oh well, there are enough enchanted staves, clubs, and leather armor throughout the game that makes it not too bad of a hindrance, so it works for me :)
    actually, I think in PnP, Druids use scythes, not scimitars, but since scythes aren't a weapon class in game, they went for scimitars instead. I could be wrong, it's been a long time since i even looked at 2ed rules
    booinyoureyesButtercheeserorikon
  • DreamingViksDreamingViks Member Posts: 87
    I really have no problems cheesing, although I know so few of the tactics. I don't look them up, but if I find something I will likely use it. I really don't know any good way to like block enemies and stuff, so I don't. Im bad at maxing the spells so I cant do any cool breaking combos.

I do however not let thieves backstab with a staff. I find it *weird* and does not fullfill my fantasy about a thief :p. I prefer not to let my team die tho.
    booinyoureyessemiticgoddess
    Imoen is the only undroppable character for me too
    Gawdzillatbone1
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Yeah, stoneskin seems more appropriate for a druid.

I feel like you should be able to backstab with any weapon, it's sneaking around with a quarterstaff that's hard
    DragonspearStoneSwordsstyggaJuliusBorisov
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    Especially in early BG1/BGEE

I go around the Friendly Arm Inn and Beregost and pick up all the quests for each and complete them before I head down to Nashkel (well as much as I can). As at @Shandyr said, I normally don't want them left waiting. The extra XP is just a bonus.
    [Deleted User]BelgarathMTHJuliusBorisovdok0zhivago