Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    ERP A DERP I CAN'T WAIT, I was always wanting an awesome adventure that completely brings the story together...

EEEEEEP
    Kennisbooinyoureyes
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited December 2013
    Does this new shiny story have new sprites(for us) as well in it?

I just had to ask ;p
    FredjobooinyoureyesCrevsDaakQuartz
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    @Mornmagor You don't give up, don't you? ;-)
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited December 2013
    @mch202 Quitters can't be winners, ever! ;P
    mch202Fredjobooinyoureyes[Deleted User]
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Well from Phillip Daigle's tweet I'm assuming there will be barrels involved. Maybe daring escape from goblin
    mountain hidden in floating ale kegs
    SCARY_WIZARDMessithe_spyderQuartz
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited December 2013
    bengoshi said:

Along with BGEE on Android it will be a perfect Christmas present. Fingers crossed;)
    I hate it when people use Don Knotts to distract me!
    [Deleted User]
  • AnotherLifeAnotherLife Member Posts: 115
    I don't get it. Is this going to be standalone ? Should I delay my bg2 playthrough so I can play it ?

Because I'm not starting a new playthrough any time soon, bg2 is way too huge for that :-)
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited December 2013

I don't get it. Is this going to be standalone ? Should I delay my bg2 playthrough so I can play it ?

Because I'm not starting a new playthrough any time soon, bg2 is way too huge for that :-)

It should not be a standalone, it supposed to be integrated with the main game and bhallspawn plot line, Our main guess is that it is an interlude chapter between BG1 and BG2, but than again its just a speculation...
  • AnotherLifeAnotherLife Member Posts: 115
    Well, I mean if it's a standalone campaign or not. Cause if it's an interlude, it's not incorporated inside a bgee or bg2ee campaign, right ? Then the only real connection is going to be character importing.

Bottom line is, I sure hope it doesn't require a new bgee or bg2ee campaign to be started.
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    edited December 2013
    If it's between BG1 and BG2, well, I've already made it to BG2. Not sure when I'll be starting another game that will give me the opportunity to play and adventure during that timeframe. Maybe a year or more, so that would delay my need to purchase for quite a while....
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    I was kinda hoping for something in between SoA and TOB, but between I and II is good too!

I kinda want Melissan to make a guest/secret appearance. I think she would be a cooler character if she was working the Bhaalspawn at an earlier time.

Maybe as a "guide" for Sarevok under a different alias, so that he would not remember her when ToB starts?
    bengoshi said:
    HMMMM.... familiar voice actors sounds exciting. Maybe some old NPCs we love will show up?
    I'd really like to see a Xan or a Branwen show up. Perhaps Skie and Eldoth?
    zupsky
  • ScooterScooter Member Posts: 182
    To reinforce what we already think, in Neera's quest CHARNAME is referred to as the victor (not sure if that's the exact right word) of Dragonspear Castle. Now unless I am incredibly unobservant and thus have completely missed something we have not encountered Dragonspear Castle… yet.
    MessiJuliusBorisovbooinyoureyes
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282

I was kinda hoping for something in between SoA and TOB, but between I and II is good too!

Yeah, some of the most popular NPC's (Aerie, Jan, Korgan) are only available after SoA, so it would be much better for the bulk of any new Bhaalspawn adventures to be set between then and ToB. But maybe that will come as well.

I kinda want Melissan to make a guest/secret appearance. I think she would be a cooler character if she was working the Bhaalspawn at an earlier time.

Maybe as a "guide" for Sarevok under a different alias, so that he would not remember her when ToB starts?

Maybe we can find out where Imoen came from. She and the MC are supposed to be about the same age, but she came to Candlekeep ten years later. So where was she before then? I always imagined she somehow became a pickpocket who was caught by Gorion or one of his friends who recognized what she was.
    booinyoureyes
    hmmmm..... in a Mazzy and Valygar banter, Mazzy mentioned taking her "squire" to @Dragonspear Castle after their adventure was through.
    Coutelier said:

Maybe we can find out where Imoen came from. She and the MC are supposed to be about the same age, but she came to Candlekeep ten years later. So where was she before then? I always imagined she somehow became a pickpocket who was caught by Gorion or one of his friends who recognized what she was.

@Coutelier
    All I can say is... HELL YEAH

• SuccubusSuccubus Member Posts: 90
    edited January 2014
    What I'd like for Adventure Y is enemy diversity. Monstrous and undead creatures with on-hit effect combinations not seen in the original.

Especially for humanoids I'd like to see a greater variety of melee opponents. Not just human+fighter. Elven swashbucklers, blades who use their spins... there are so many interesting classes that are underused for enemies.
    JuliusBorisov
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477

hmmmm..... in a Mazzy and Valygar banter, Mazzy mentioned taking her "squire" to @Dragonspear Castle after their adventure was through.

LOL'd @ your @'ing Mr. @Dragonspear
    jackjackbooinyoureyesCrevsDaak
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    As soon as I've seen that @Jalily posted in this thread (after a long break) I've thought: "Ohh, are we there already?"...
    Dragonspearjackjack
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    oh hey this reminds me I REALLY hope this comes out soon. I doubt it will be done when my MP game gets through BG1 but maybe my next SP character can experience the content? hope we get news soon :)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited April 2014
    Heya! A new portion of popcorn is coming:

Although I'm not 100% sure it is about the Adventure Y, I think it actually IS. In the past we already had both Trent's and Phillip's words regarding voice actors and one can say they were connected with the Adventure Y:

Of course, the Adventure Y has the "Y" letter in it. And probably Jennifer Hale (the voice over actor of Dynaheir, Mazzy and Commander Shepard (female) will participate;)
    elminsterbooinyoureyesQuartzlolien
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018

bengoshi said:

Along with BGEE on Android it will be a perfect Christmas present. Fingers crossed;)
    I hate it when people use Don Knotts to distract me!
    Hey, Don Knotts is Da MAN.

CrevsDaak
    I'm really hoping this Dragonspear Castle idea is a real thing, and that it takes place between BG1 and SoA. I just saw Mazzy and Valygar's dialogue about it again.

I also really hope the "familiar voice actors" can be old BG1 NPCs, either minor or joinable, who return to the story. Anyone from Kagain to Thalantyr would be exciting! Maybe we can even finally get an explanation about Quayle's transformation between the first and the second games! I'd love it if it began after BG1 and then ended with our hero going on a little stroll with Imoen, Minsc, Dyna, Khalid and Jaheira, and some ominous music.

Eh.... it could be anything! Speculation is fun but I'm eager to try the real thing. Whatever is coming all I can say is that I can't wait for whatever it is!
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov