Skip to content

#ConfessionsofaBhaalspawn

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Flashburn said:

Confession: I love the Coran mod, and I mentally thank @kulyok‌ everyday for making it.

Confession: @SapphireIce101 is one of my sists now.
    :P
    jackjack
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Sjerrie said:

CrevsDaak said:

Flashburn said:

Confession: I love the Coran mod, and I mentally thank @kulyok‌ everyday for making it.

Come on Crevs! We all know the opposite of ''bros" is "hos"

wait... I meant...

:o
    :0
    :O

*hides in shadows while casting expeditious retreat*
    @booinyoureyes is quick and evasive, and there is ever so much of Minsc to search...

My Reflex Saves are the only reason I've lived through so many awkward moments with women
    jackjackBlackravenCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251

Sjerrie said:

CrevsDaak said:

Flashburn said:

Come on Crevs! We all know the opposite of ''bros" is "hos"

wait... I meant...

:o
    :0
    :O

*hides in shadows while casting expeditious retreat*
    @booinyoureyes is quick and evasive, and there is ever so much of Minsc to search...

My Reflex Saves are the only reason I've lived through so many awkward moments with women
    Beware - luck be a lady.
    That includes both good and bad luck.
    booinyoureyesCrevsDaakJuliusBorisovBrer_Rabbit
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Twani said:

Confession: I think Minsc is about as interesting as a piece of cardboard, and would take Kivan or Valygar over him any day.

Yep. I pretty much always take Shar-Teel over him.
    Let's see...

Confession: In most BG II playthroughs I release and then dismiss Jaheira and Minsc; I then proceed to act as if Imoen and I are the only people from BG I to escape Irenicus' dungeon.
    Confession: I seldom play Evil because the Evil options are not vile enough for me.
    Confession: Sometimes when an enemy gets morale failure and flees, I shout, "WUUUUSSSSSYYYY!" in a Beavis voice.
    Brer_Rabbit
    Since we are all confessing about our less-liked NPCs, I'll join in!

Confession: I think Wilson's dialogue is five to six times more interesting than anything Valygar has to say

Confession: I think Bhaal was a better father than Cernd

Confession: When it comes to miserable dwarves, though Korgan can be amusing, I think Kagain managed to be much more interesting with like 1/10th the amount of dialogue.
    MacHurtojackjackJuliusBorisov
    Confession: I have no idea what a "crack pairing" is
    meaglothjackjackCrevsDaakBlackraven
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

Confession: I have no idea what a "crack pairing" is

Confession: I know all too well what a Crack Pairing is. *hangs head in shame*

Crack Pairing: a term coined in the fandom world where fans pair certain characters together that would normally never ever ever ever see the light of day, and could thus only have been conceived by someone whose mind was on crack at the time.

For example: Firkraag and Cernd. Bhodi and Renal Bloodscalp. Yoshimo and that one dude who operates the Copper Coronet.

Disclaimer: I am not on crack at this time.
    @Nonnahswriter‌ Like the way people want Sherlock and The Doctor to meet?
    jackjackCrevsDaakbooinyoureyesNonnahswriter
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251

Confession: I'm starting to think that @Twani‌ may be my sister from another mister

FTFY
    Also, I agree with literally everything else you said.
    Get outta my head!
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaakBlackravenbooinyoureyes
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    Confession: While I enjoy NPC mods and portrait packs, that's it. I have absolutely zero interest in any mod that makes the game more "challenging". Especially people who want to make TOB tougher. (What?) I like enjoying the game, and winning is part of enjoying. Getting killed 435464 times by a "more challenging" mod makes absolutely no sense to me at all. For similar reasons I don't solo. I'm sure it can be done, but I never would.

Confession: I like Aerie. Nowhere near as much as Viconia, but several billion times better than Jaheira. I left a BG fanfic site for a number of reasons, and one of them was that the writers kept turning Aerie into an evil mary sue villain. (Though that was not the final straw.)

Confession: I enjoy BG1 and TOB more than SOA. I like SOA, don't get me wrong, but BG1 TOB are *the story*. SOA is the Irenicus Interruption.

Confession: I always side with Bodhi in the guild war, even when playing good characters. Always always always always always. Not only do I have to fight less vampires that way, but the shadow thief dungeon crawl is WAY more fun.

Confession: I want to roll my eyes at people who get all romantic about Sarevok or Irenicus....then I remember that I'm a fan of the comic book version of Tara Markov in all her various incarnations, and then I shut up.

JuliusBorisovSjerriebooinyoureyesBrer_Rabbit
  • iuventasiuventas Member Posts: 95
    (touches superwholock with a ten foot pole, groans)
    Twani said:

Confession: The Xan romance old bonded ending made me cry for entirely way too long.

Confession: my first epic journey through entire saga ended with a save called something along the line of "well f you too" because of this ending. I might have made an embarrassing schoolgirl sound after learning there's a happy one now. And it was good, incredibly sweet.

CrevsDaakSjerrieBlackraven
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    @SapphireIce101 When I saw those similarities way back when, I rolled a kensai for that purpose. Complete with soundset.
    ArcalianJuliusBorisovwinters

Confession: At times, I think the whole Baldur's Gate Saga is just Highlander, and that there can only be one, and that's Connor MacLeod Charname.

@SapphireIce101‌ I ALWAYS see this connection in ToB!

However... am I the only one who prefers Duncan over Connor????????

off topic:I always found it weird that the original Highlander cast a Scotsman as a Spaniard who was born in Egypt and then cast an American who was born in France to play a Scotsman

*raises one solitary eyebrow*
    edited April 2014
    Confession because of the place I am at in current playthrough: Conveniently placed mixtures of fire giant strength in Yaga Shura's place still make me crack up. Why make everything so easy?
    Confession: I think ToB is awful precisely because of this, being led by hand through everything is the opposite of a fun experience.

Aaand a more random confession: I'm planning out a NPC mod, but the only class that matches what I want is a Ranger, and there are many great rangers already. I also have no idea how to work with Enchanted Edition if I don't have it, so I fear it would be useless, unless someone helped me there.
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Arcalian said:

Confession: I always side with Bodhi in the guild war, even when playing good characters. Always always always always always. Not only do I have to fight less vampires that way, but the shadow thief dungeon crawl is WAY more fun.

WHAT?? Now that's a confession. I never do that, I simply can't.
    JenzafarCrevsDaak[Deleted User]

Arcalian said:

WHAT?? Now that's a confession. I never do that, I simply can't.
    Confession: In all my playthroughs I have sided with Bodhi only once.

Confession: I find it hard to play an evil Charname. I'll usually end up as either a homicidal maniac on a rampage, or as "just an asshole", which I feel is more CN.
    BlackravenBrer_Rabbit
    Confession: I have never sided with Bodhi!
    jackjackBlackraven
    Confession: I didn't side with Bodhi only when I wanted to keep Mazzy in my party. Hate fighting vampires more than it's necessary.
    Arcalian
    @AvengingExile I agree. I also tried roleplaying once that Charname had truly no idea they were vamps. That felt even worse, because my Charnames are usually fairly intelligent. Or at least intelligent enough to pick up on the oh-so-obvious signs, not to mention nearly every npc piping up about how creepy it all seems. I really should try that double-agent angle again though...
    Blackravenbooinyoureyes
  • JenzafarJenzafar Member Posts: 303

Arcalian said:

I've sided with Bodhi once. Did not like myself for it. However, when you think about it, it's better for the city that you do. If you side with the Thieves Guild, they remain somewhat intact to continue their dealings whereas if you side with the vampires, you end up taking both sides out. And really, the thieves can be just as evil (torture room, hello) they're just not as obvious about it.

I know, right?

Confession: I don't always side with Bodhi, but when I do, I slaughter all the Shadow Thieves and pretend they're the gangbangers in my old neighborhood. Because they kind of are, only better organized.
    jackjackArcalianbooinyoureyesBrer_Rabbit