Skip to content

You know you're playing too much Baldur's Gate when...

Comments

• BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486

363. Your girlfriend dumps you after the fifth time you call her Viconia and are unable to come up with a satisfactory explanation as to who this "Viconia" is. ("Yeah right! Just a woman in a computer game! You want me to believe that??")

364. You find yourself strangely indifferent, as Viconia is more sexy anyway, and you now have more time to woo her.

@Montresor_SP: LOL!! you need to find a girlfriend called Victoria or Appolonia or whatever name comes close to Viconia, so long as you haven't wooed the real Viconia of course :p
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    @Blackraven‌, haha, I didn't know you actually did that! Sorry. I can actually sympathize with that, if all your friends where just getting drunk. I've always though New Years was a dumb holiday, because year/month/days is completely arbitrary and made up. The fact that the new year is different everywhere is just dumb. We might as well celebrate 3:04 pm October 23. I've always said that the new year should be the same everywhere in the world, because a year is one trip around the sun. And don't even get me started on leap years.
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    @meagloth :) no problem! btw one of my friends actually understood (he was the one who had introduced me to the game, but he was, and is, very fond of beer hehe)
    and yes the Gregorian calendar is quite arbitrary and artificial, compared to e.g. lunar calandars, the Mayan, and the Persian/Iranian calandar.
  • iuventasiuventas Member Posts: 95
    392. Danish "i morgen" makes you think of Imoen (and playing with Imoen makes you think of tomorrow, too).
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813

You go without a date your entire life because you never meet anyone named
    Dorn
    Rasaad
    Neera
    Anomen
    Aarie
    Viconia
    Jaheira or
    Hexxat

My dad's neighbour is Dorn. When he first moved in they were quite friendly I asked my dad

Why do you bother him? lol
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    403: Whenever you read someone saying "ooooh", you read it in Cespenar's voice.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Sjerrie said:

403: Whenever you read someone saying "ooooh", you read it in Cespenar's voice.

I wonder if his name was based on "Casper"?

Casper, the friendly ghost...

and,... confession, in the appropriate thread... going there now.

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    405. When you set alarms on your phone, tablet, watches and PC for exactly the time left on the countdown on http://www.baldursgate.com/
  • thesoloerthesoloer Member Posts: 77
    Rewolf said:

67. After murdering someone you donate money to the church to keep the police of your back

I am dying of laughter right now