Skip to content

BGII:EE Compatible Mod List

Comments

• AshtarrAshtarr Member Posts: 7
    Hello, I have a problem with kit installation. It is shown in game but greyed out and cannot get it working. Ive posted erlier here about it: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/29876/mod-request-auror-kit-for-a-ranger#latest please help me with this.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,673
    Fuine said:

Ajantis Portrait Pack for BG(II):EE

@Fuine
    A bit late reply, but the Portrait Pack makes only sense for BGII:EE if the Ajantis NPC mod is installed (but it should tell you this upon installation, so.)

• FuineFuine Member Posts: 40
    @jastey
    thx mate. I thought it was portrait pack for the player character but when it failed to install because it couldnt find find Ajantis NPC I figured it out :D thx again.
    So I figured messing with mods during a play is a no no. But can I change the mods when I finish SoA and about to enter ToB?
  • RuscoeRuscoe Member Posts: 126
    hello im a mega noob, how do I install the mod? WILL It activate even tho im already playing the game?
    @Ruscoe
    Mate you extract the mod archives to the game folder and run the executable file that comes with the archive like setup.....exe. The setup exe asks you questions leading you thru the install.

I am not very knowledgeble about mod interaction but I learned that it is a bad idea to mod or change mods or mod options to a game that is going on. It may prevent you from finishing the game.

So general idea is you start a new game after messing with mods.
  • WaywordsonWaywordson Member Posts: 2
    I'm not sure if I did something wrong but when I downloaded a couple of the mods my game wouldn't start at all I would click play and it would say the game crashed immediately, are some of the mods incompatible with eachother? As far as I'm aware I didn't get anything that covered the same subject, I uninstalled and re-installed the game and I am planning to try again but would it be possible for someone to give me some tips?

For the mods that had .rar files I unzipped in the game directory 00783 (I also made sure to not install the game to program files) and ran the exes and did all the mods in the order they are presented, was I supposed to use some software to do it? The only other time I've modded Baldur's Gate was with the BWS using the Mega Mod plus version and while it took a great deal of time I didn't run into any problems and it handled itself perfectly. Compared with the handful of mods this time I was certain I wouldn't have any problems.
  • WaywordsonWaywordson Member Posts: 2
    Well I just encountered something incredibly depressing, apparently it WASN'T the mods that caused the problem it was the line I added to the end of Baldur.ini to enable cheats, upon removing it I can start the game going to go about installing mods now "sigh"
  • SamSam Member Posts: 10
    Hello, I've installed BG2 EE and three mods: Xan, Coran and Nathaniel. The Nathaniel mod works so far, but for some reason I can't initiate a diaologue (it works with both Xan and Coran, however), whereas other diaologues are triggered normally, and when he's equipped with his Alpin-Flechter sword, it causes him to take damage (4) every time I load a savegame. It's very annoying, I've tried to reinstall the mods (and in the correct order), but that doesn't change anything.
    I've made a fresh installation on a different computer installing only the Nathaniel mod, without making changes to the Baldur.ini file or using Shadowkeeper. Now I can initiate a dialogue, but Nathaniel still takes 4 damage from his sword. Any idea why the dialogue issue might have occurred?
    Strangely enough, when I do the exact same thing on my Windows 8 laptop (rather than on my Windows 7 desktop PC), I can't even initiate a dialogue! Any ideas?
  • AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    What happens if you install some mods, you start a playthrough and then beamdog releases a new patch for the game? Does everything become incompatible?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @AlexDeLarge‌ You have to reinstall all your mods in the same order they were installed before. I've done it quite a few times actually.
  • AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    Ok thanks!
  • FrkunFrkun Member Posts: 52
    Sorry for this noob question, but but I got a little tired ofwaiting for Ascension and I decided to reinstall the game asnd star over with all the mods. The question is the following: What is Weidu and why I need it? I read some stuffs about compiling dialogs and other stuff. What I have now is all the mods downloaded and separated by folders to ensure I install them all in the correct order (including Big Picture mod). Do I need to do something before or after the installation of those mods? Do I have to download this "weidu" application before I install the mods? Any tutorial for beguinners?
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,673
    The installer exes of the mods are all weidu.exe (renamed). No, you do not need to do / download anything else. Have a look into the readmes for the install instructions and that's all.
  • FrkunFrkun Member Posts: 52
    Hell, I installed something that removed all my equipment when entering in the spellhold. What is this and how to fix it?
  • StradlinStradlin Member Posts: 142
    Is Ascension going to happen at all?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Stradlin You may use BP Ascension, part of the BP mod by @horredtheplague‌. It alredy works with the EE.
  • KainePKaineP Member Posts: 9
    Frkun said:

Hell, I installed something that removed all my equipment when entering in the spellhold. What is this and how to fix it?

I believe that is a component of SCS(2?).
  • BGEFanaticBGEFanatic Member Posts: 67
    edited March 2014
    Plenty of mods for BGEEII can I install all of em at once? BTW, since I haven't really gotten the time to preview the mods it better have some sort of images in it so we can see the whole thing. ;)
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    Has anyone else had problems installing the Dace mod? I feel like I've tried everything and it still only says that I don't have Throne of Bhaal installed and I therefore can't install the mod...
  • DanrilorDanrilor Member Posts: 26
    I tried to install the BG Tweak pack (really only interested in that bottomless bag of holding and the romance fixes) but after running through the entire list it says that it is installed but does nothing in-game. Am I installing it in the wrong directory or something?

Here is the directory: Local Disc(c:) Program Files(86)/Beamdog/Games/00783

Also, do these mods affect save games or do you have to start over? I used to know how these things worked by EE seems to have turned them on their ear.
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    Any chance that Haer'Dalis' Swords mod from the mod ressurections on Spellhold Studios could be made compatible? Its one of my favorite mods to have when I use Haer'Dalis as I like to keep his unique weapons on him as long as possible and this mod upgrades them when you are in the underdark.
  • chrstnmonkschrstnmonks Member Posts: 176
    edited April 2014
    JosefineS said:

Has anyone else had problems installing the Dace mod? I feel like I've tried everything and it still only says that I don't have Throne of Bhaal installed and I therefore can't install the mod...

The darian and ghareth mod also say the same thing for me
  • J_L_SeagullJ_L_Seagull Member Posts: 13
    Any news on Weimer's Item Upgrade??? I loved that mod in the old times and I dont even want to play the game until I can install it.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

Any news on Weimer's Item Upgrade??? I loved that mod in the old times and I dont even want to play the game until I can install it.

It says it just needs a new version of WeiDU, download the mod and the new WeiDU version, then rename the weidu.exe to the same as the tp2 file.
  • J_L_SeagullJ_L_Seagull Member Posts: 13
    edited April 2014
    CrevsDaak said:

It says it just needs a new version of WeiDU, download the mod and the new WeiDU version, then rename the weidu.exe to the same as the tp2 file.
    Ok, so for someone with a computer knowledge of a cavemancaveman that means exactly that, or is there something else I need to know? Where do I get a new WeiDU? What is WeiDU?

• LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    edited April 2014
    Just out of curiosity, what does "needs updated version of WeiDU" mean? Can I install Item Upgrade or not?

EDIT: ok, nevermind, the question was answered above. What is tp2? :D
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    The easiest way to do this:

A) Find a mod that's been updated to work on the latest version of BG/2EE. Check the Pocket Plane Group, or Gibberlings3- an example would be the Kelsey or Xan NPC. (I am telling you to do this rather then download WEIDU straight because I can't remember where you find the latest version of WEIDU anymore- is it still Weimer's site?)
    B) See the file named Setup-ModName.exe
    C) Copy and rename that file to Setup-ItemUpgrade.exe or whatever Weimer's exe file is named. You'll want to overwrite the old version with this new file. You'll notice this is the same name as the tp2 file that's likely in the mod's folder (just without the setup).

The tp2 file is the file that tells your mod how to install ('put this file here, put that file here'). Weidu is the program that does this installation, at it's most simple- weidu does a ton of other fun stuff too, but for a mod user, what you need to know is WEIDU installs your mods and makes them as compatable as possible with no muss or fuss.
This discussion has been closed.