Skip to content

The BG NPC project

1303132333436»

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Alternatively, you could just get the latest version from GitHub—no need to surf through this thread's older pages.
    AstroBryGuy
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited June 2014
    kaguana said:

What is the last version of the mod ? and I really think there should be a new topic in BGEE mods section with the file attach in the first post that people can follow up on the update here as well as GitHub

@kaguana‌ - I'm not ignoring you, but figuring out CrevsDaak's local variable bug report took precedence over answering a request for a link (since the bug was a potential show-stopper).

My reply is the same as a month ago. I plan to make a testing release as soon as the updated mod is stable. At that time, I'll create a new thread. Right now, however, I haven't yet finished reviewing the original code, so it is in a state of flux.

The "work-in-progress" version on GitHub should install, but it likely still has bugs.

https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/BG1NPC/archive/master.zip

And until BGEE v1.3 is released, raise dead NPCs before saving & reloading.

EDIT: Okay. I've created a new forum. See my post below or look for it in the BG:EE Modding section. :-)
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
    kaguanaelminster
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Maybe edit the GitHub link into the first post of this thread? If it makes any sense.
    SirK8CrevsDaakjackjackAstroBryGuy
  • jobbyjobby Member Posts: 181
    Still got a bit to do on my evil playthrough, would it make sense to wait for the 1.3 patch and update to the latest version of bg npc before I restart on my good playthrough? (from a testing point of view)
    CrevsDaakAstroBryGuy
    edited June 2014
    1.1k posts and 110k views. Wow. :-)

Since there is a lot of interest for this, I've created a new forum thread and "frozen" a prerelease version: v21-PR_20140602.

The "master" version linked at: https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/BG1NPC/archive/master.zip will still be available for those who want a "canary" build.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/32379/bg1npc-for-bgee-prerelease
    jackjackJuliusBorisov
    jobby said:

Still got a bit to do on my evil playthrough, would it make sense to wait for the 1.3 patch and update to the latest version of bg npc before I restart on my good playthrough? (from a testing point of view)

@Jobby - Well I'd certainly agree with updating BG1NPC for a new playthrough ;-). And hopefully the patch will be released by then!
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328

kaguana said:

What is the last version of the mod ? and I really think there should be a new topic in BGEE mods section with the file attach in the first post that people can follow up on the update here as well as GitHub

@kaguana‌ - I'm not ignoring you, but figuring out CrevsDaak's local variable bug report took precedence over answering a request for a link (since the bug was a potential show-stopper).

My reply is the same as a month ago. I plan to make a testing release as soon as the updated mod is stable. At that time, I'll create a new thread. Right now, however, I haven't yet finished reviewing the original code, so it is in a state of flux.

The "work-in-progress" version on GitHub should install, but it likely still has bugs.

https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/BG1NPC/archive/master.zip

And until BGEE v1.3 is released, raise dead NPCs before saving & reloading.

EDIT: Okay. I've created a new forum. See my post below or look for it in the BG:EE Modding section. :-)
    I didn't said you ignore me in particular, I said I was ignored, and ofc CrevsDaak's local variable bug report is important and I didn't ask the link for myself, I ask it in general because of the work that was put into it from the last time you post the file.

I myself didn't had any problem with the raise dead NPC before saving & reloading yet.

Thx for the new forum you created it will be so much easier to follow after the file updates :)
    As for this thread, now that there is a new thread maybe it can be closed.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @AstroBryGuy: First of all, much kudos and gratitude for keeping this project going - it's such a huge contributing factor to so many people's playthroughs! :)

I had a question about mod components: there's a lot of crossover between BG1NPC and BG1 Unfinished Business (Kagain, Branwen, Shar-Teel, Kivan, etc.). Since the latter doesn't seem to be heading towards EE adaptation anytime soon, is there any chance you could integrate specific quests like "The Mysterious Vial" and "Scar and the Sashenstars' Daughter" into BG1NPC? I realize that might be outside the scope of the original project (especially given the amount of work you're still putting into this) but at the same time, the original BG1NPC will be eleven years old this September - couldn't the EE version include a new feature or two?
    edited June 2014
    @shawne - Rather than creating a separate BG1NPC just for BGEE, I've tried to maintain Tutu/BGT compatibility with my changes, with the intent that they would be incorporated into the final BG1NPC v21 (I'll admit this hasn't been tested yet, however). So, I won't be adding components to BG1NPC.

EDIT: ...and what @Jastey said.

That being said, I am just as interested as anyone in BG1UB and am certainly willing to help out with a BGEE update once I have time.
    kaguanajackjackJuliusBorisov
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    @shawne BG1UB works fine, as far as I know.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @AstroBryGuy‌ I've found a typo in x#tiax.tra, @288, there's a missing space between "...false god Shar,when the Black Sun would..." right after the comma ;)
    AstroBryGuy
    CrevsDaak said:

@AstroBryGuy‌ I've found a typo in x#tiax.tra, @288, there's a missing space between "...false god Shar,when the Black Sun would..." right after the comma ;)

Thanks!
  • AmeerHMAmeerHM Member Posts: 11
    Hiya guys, I appreciate what's going on behind the scenes for this mod, it REALLY, REALLY spices up baldurs gate 1 to very tolerable levels.

I'm having an issue though myself where I can't get Imoen to trigger the tarnesh spellbook dialogue; admittedly, I'm absolutely horrible at playing with the console and finding which variables to set, but even with the attempts I've had (where I've used the following: Global("X#IMPC8","GLOBAL",1) and Global("X#IMPC8","GLOBAL",2) to provoke a response), I've gotten nothing from her and it's infuriating. My Imoen is so, so quiet compared to the rest of my party and I have absolutely no idea on how to fix it!

If someone could give me some insight into fixing her, I'd GREATLY appreciate it... I've even tried spawning Tarnesh again just to kill him and see if there's a response (there wasn't).
    Did you change Imoen's class? The Tarnesh spellbook dialogs don't trigger if you dual-classed her to a mage or EE Keepered her to a mage/thief.
    jackjack
  • Zaarin_2003Zaarin_2003 Member Posts: 33
    Hi guys, is this now a completed project? Can I stop dreaming and begin playing? If so.... how?
    OxvaSjerrie
  • Zaarin_2003Zaarin_2003 Member Posts: 33
    Great, thanks. When you say playable... do you mean that there are a few little quirks you may or may not even notice, you need to understand how mods are made to correct scripting errors etc, or are there still game or quest breaking bugs? I'm trying to determine whether or not I can wait as I have no knowledge of mods, but wouldn't mind if there are still some cosmetic bugs that don't break quests etc. Either way, I really appreciate all the work that has been put into this. Its a great mod.

Great, thanks. When you say playable... do you mean that there are a few little quirks you may or may not even notice, you need to understand how mods are made to correct scripting errors etc, or are there still game or quest breaking bugs? I'm trying to determine whether or not I can wait as I have no knowledge of mods, but wouldn't mind if there are still some cosmetic bugs that don't break quests etc. Either way, I really appreciate all the work that has been put into this. Its a great mod.

No guarantees, but there aren't any reported game- or quest-breaking issues now. The biggest issue is that quest journal entries do not work. The code needs to be updated to utilize some new BGEE features, which will take some time.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @mlnevese‌ maybe it best to closed this thread there is one that is better update for this mod, and I think talk should be going there no?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
This discussion has been closed.