Skip to content

Is the forum dying a little bit?

CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
For the past few years this has been a hell of a forum. It's been a very active and friendly place. Over the past few weeks though it's been quiet, the number of posts seems to have dropped off considerably. I know it's been ages since the most recent patch but it's still slow.

Have I just missed the bits of the forum that're moving and shaking or is it really this quiet?

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Troodon80 said:

Corvino said:

Bloody Summer, reflecting sunlight off my screen....

There's a workaround solution for that bug problem: close the curtains/blinds. That's what I've been doing for the last few weeks. These high temperatures in the UK, though. I'm melting. Can't wait for winter—then I can moan about how cold it is. :D
    It finally got hot here. 90'- err, 30's. I hate this place.
  • TarotMasterTarotMaster Member Posts: 147
    I remember back in my Cod2 days, we had a small forum site that died down because the game its-self started to lose players and our admins lost interest. I don't think that will happen to this place as i see many die hard fans of BG and other similar titles who post on here.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    well my variety of games is huge so I am not entirely focused on one game ever. I am more likely to be here often when I am currently doing a playthrough. right now I kinda just check off topic as I play other games, though I still do BG twice a week for the MP group.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    edited June 2014
    It's not often that I feel young, thanks @bengoshi. ;)

< CerndMode > As the moon waxes and wanes, so does my interest at times. < /CerndMode >

I am currently playing a few other games as well (including DA:O, another devourer of my spare time) and I'm on the lookout for a new place to live. My status on the forum may be 'lurker' at the moment, but I always come back. :)
    Post edited by Sjerrie on
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    edited June 2014
    @bengoshi - Oh to be young again ;) I just had my *@#%th birthday and was feeling rather old, so your timing was excellent!

@Sjerrie - OK now I am going to show my age. What's DA:O ?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Every year we see a decrease of postings during summer... A quick look at the forum statistics show me there was no great decrease this year.
    @kiwidoc Dragon Age Origins. And happy birthday! :)
  • TarotMasterTarotMaster Member Posts: 147
    kiwidoc said:

@bengoshi - Oh to be young again ;) I just had my *@#%th birthday and was feeling rather old, so your timing was excellent!

I wish i was 16 again then i would tell my younger self to smarten up and stay in school.

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited June 2014
    Prolly just that time of the year. During the World Cup I've mostly just commented on... the World Cup thread!

This is also true for me
    Quartz said:

Strangely, my activity in these forums isn't entirely tied to interest in the game; I've had times when I haven't been playing much BG yet online here a lot and vice versa.

Wanna know a secret? I haven't played Baldur's Gate in like 3-4 months for more than 5 minutes (which I used to create a character for a journaled playthrough on this site). Yet I have still been active. The only brief sabbatical I had to take was due to work. It might not be a lack of interest in hanging out here that is responsible for the lull.

Though I have not experienced any big bugs that @ryuken87‌ mentioned, I have also been frustrated with the modding situation. One of the reasons (one of the main reasons actually) that I was so excited to buy this game was that I heard claims about modding being easier... yet the exact opposite seems to be true. The reason I haven't played the game in months is that the two most essential mods for me (BG1 NPC Project and Ascension) have not been released or made compatible.
    Though I've spent time on this website quite a bit (mostly for the jokes and the people) I initially came her to see if BG1 NPC Project was released yet. That is what brought my foot through the door. My first comment was about that... almost a year ago! And that mod is still not compatible. At the time they were saying "any month now".
    Not really blaming anyone for this since it is not even an official part of the game, just pointing out that its annoying for a huge fan to be teased so! Also maybe would help to bring people back to the forum.
    Post edited by booinyoureyes on
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Hey, what a fizzle this day!

Maybe @bengoshi cast raise dead on the forum?
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072

Quartz said:

Strangely, my activity in these forums isn't entirely tied to interest in the game; I've had times when I haven't been playing much BG yet online here a lot and vice versa.

Wanna know a secret? I haven't played Baldur's Gate in like 3-4 months for more than 5 minutes (which I used to create a character for a journaled playthrough on this site). Yet I have still been active.

I haven't even bought BGEE or BG2EE yet. Do I win?
    With all the World Cup related noise outside my window there is no way I can play. Now I really feel old. :p
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    WC?
    @lolien Yeah, football. Or soccer for the americans among us.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @Tresset ... is that ... is that you?

The forum is ALIVE! A-L-I-V-E ! ! !