Skip to content

The Road to v1.3 (BG:EE), Phase IV

Comments

• ronaldoronaldo Member Posts: 263
    @Dee I am having the same issue with the battle music that @kaguana had. The music continues on after the battle for quite a while. It does end on a map change though.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Do you have the same issue in the non-Beta? If you've got a saved game I can test it in that will help too; there's a lot of battle music tracks, so they may be functioning differently.
    @Dee I just tried out the same battle on the non-Beta and didn't have the problem. If it helps it is the first battle with the gibberling right before meeting X and Monty. I didn't have the issue with the battle music not stopping with the Tarnesh battle. For some reason I can't attach my save here I'm not given the option to attach anything.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    edited June 2014
    ronaldo said:

@Dee I just tried out the same battle on the non-Beta and didn't have the problem. If it helps it is the first battle with the gibberling right before meeting X and Monty. I didn't have the issue with the battle music not stopping with the Tarnesh battle. For some reason I can't attach my save here I'm not given the option to attach anything.

Yup that where I had my first problem, the second is on the map where you need to kill that ugly oger and on the FAI with the hobgoblins.

To upload a save game you need to Rar / zip it first, also there should be a button of attach file down left to the post option, and I can't see it here in this thread
    Maybe because this is an announcement thread we cant attach files?
  • YozZzZzYozZzZz Member Posts: 22
    There seems to be a minor issue with dual-classed characters - after dual classing when opening KIT DESCRIPTION on the RECORD screen, there is only the description of the first class.

Expected Behaviour: There should be kit description for both the classes of a dual-classed character.
    YozZzZz said:

There seems to be a minor issue with dual-classed characters - after dual classing when opening KIT DESCRIPTION on the RECORD screen, there is only the description of the first class.

Expected Behaviour: There should be kit description for both the classes of a dual-classed character.

Are you sure? They're both showing up for me.
    edited June 2014
    CrevsDaak said:

kaguana said:

To upload a save game you need to Rar / zip it first, also there should be a button of attach file down left to the post option, and I can't see it here in this thread

Attach it on a different thread, click on "Insert Image" (even if it's NOT an image) and copy the link, paste it here, don't post the other comment :)
    That a clever idea, thx :) didn't thought about it.

@Dee here is my save hope it will help
    battle music
    kaguana said:

CrevsDaak said:

kaguana said:

Attach it on a different thread, click on "Insert Image" (even if it's NOT an image) and copy the link, paste it here, don't post the other comment :)
    That a clever idea, thx :) didn't thought about it.

battle music
    Thanks, but I need a save from before the event occurred, not after. :)
  • NimasuNimasu Member Posts: 10
    I didn`t see anything in the notes about the audio bug\problem during cut scene`s. This has been and still is an issue for me in BG EE and BG2 EE.

During a intro\cut scene\outro movie I get a Bussing\Hissing\Static noise at times during the movie`s. Has this been solved?

Honestly, It was my only beef with the EE version of these games.
    Dee said:

battle music

Thanks, but I need a save from before the event occurred, not after. :)

Yeah Yeah, I started candlekeep all over again to make you a new save of the first map, now the music battle sometimes is fine and sometimes it not, meaning it not happen all the time.

New save
  • YozZzZzYozZzZz Member Posts: 22
    Dee said:

YozZzZz said:

Are you sure? They're both showing up for me.

I'm uploading screenshots of the issue - however, I have noticed it in the case thief -> mages.

I have just tried it with fighter -> thief and there it shows the kit description for both classes just fine.

imagehttp://i.imgur.com/wFTDmuI.jpg

imagehttp://i.imgur.com/Jx7SlxS.jpg

imagehttp://i.imgur.com/sDlo7iz.jpg

imagehttp://i.imgur.com/6yyLsuq.jpg

imagehttp://i.imgur.com/kskRnwD.jpg

imagehttp://i.imgur.com/3XjO2mT.jpg
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    YozZzZz said:

I'm uploading screenshots of the issue - however, I have noticed it in the case thief -> mages.

I have just tried it with fighter -> thief and there it shows the kit description for both classes just fine.

@YozZzZz @Dee, I can confirm. I will also note that the issue is not in dual-classing a standard class, for example a standard Mage/Thief will show both Mage and Thief in the Kit Description window. This applies only to dual-classed characters using a kit.

I have tried with a Mage/Bounty Hunter and a Fighter/Priest of Lathander and both have this issue, so I would assume it applies to all kitted characters.
  • EffinyEffiny Member Posts: 378
    Nooooooooooooooo! Please don't start from zeroooo! :-((
  • OtakuOtaku Member Posts: 42
    Its all a big Joke or?
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    I don't get it. What's so world-shatteringly horrible now?
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited June 2014
    @Dee‌ , why after creating a new character in ToB and clicking the "start game " button, the screen goes black and you can see nothing?? Any confirmation of that? ( I'm playing the game on iPad 2 ...)
    Post edited by _Luke_ on
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    edited June 2014
    Messi said:

I don't get how anyone can care about these counters. They have been completely meaningless in the 1.3 beta. The 1.2 beta already showed that Beamdog will release the patch when they think it's ready, not when the counter hits some magical number, and that's how it should be.

Ignorance is bliss?

True enough the counter apparently served no purpose at all in the last phase, which was quite maddening, but this time around we hear: "So hey yeah, this is how close this patch was to getting released, about 20%, but now all of that means jack since someone started artifically bumping it up. Have a reset."

Hearing that the progress towards the patch release has been zeroed out is about equally frustrating to not knowing if any progress is being made (as if they just stopped counting until they were back at that point again). Which is weird, yes, because the radio silence during the last phase was really, really, really, really annoying.
    Post edited by Silverstar on
  • StoneAngelStoneAngel Member Posts: 5
    Thank you for the font option. :)
  • EffinyEffiny Member Posts: 378
    I just don't get it. Some problems always occured after application of every patch and patches were approved by players. From my sight of view, it should be on the devs, when is the patch properly "baked." Not us, players. We are not (mostly) experts on beta testing. It is devs responsibility to provide for us proper patch.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    I agree that radio silence can be incredibly annoying. However, we all know they are working pretty bloody hard at this and have been for quite a while. While waiting for patches I like to see how many pancakes I can make... 184 331... Mmm pancakes...
  • devicemdevicem Member Posts: 15
    edited June 2014
    Dee said:

We're up to 79 now. If you haven't grabbed the beta and tried it out, be sure to do so and let us know what you think!

Relatively stupid question, how do we grab the beta? -.- The beamdog site offers two options, beta, non-beta, with the former linking to a 404 error or something. Am I doing something wrong here? :O

You can grab the beta installer from this thread: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/30515/sign-up-for-beta-access-windows-mac-only#latest
    Thank you. :D

devicem said:

Dee said:

We're up to 79 now. If you haven't grabbed the beta and tried it out, be sure to do so and let us know what you think!

Relatively stupid question, how do we grab the beta? -.- The beamdog site offers two options, beta, non-beta, with the former linking to a 404 error or something. Am I doing something wrong here? :O

You can grab the beta installer from this thread: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/30515/sign-up-for-beta-access-windows-mac-only#latest
    Luke93 said:

@Dee‌ , why after creating a new character in ToB and clicking the "start game " button, the screen goes black and you can see nothing?? Any confirmation of that? ( I'm playing the game on iPad 2 ...)

It's definitely an issue, and it will definitely be fixed in the next patch. It doesn't affect all new ToB games, but avoiding it seems to be a bit of a gamble.

If you have a bluetooth keyboard you can connect to your iPad, you can open the map by pressing M on the keyboard, and that should make the area appear.