Skip to content

The Road to v1.3 (BG:EE), Phase IV

Comments

• TheSargeTheSarge Member Posts: 20
    Oh please, please, please release the patch for Steam soon. If I would have known that the Steam version would not get beta patches I would not have bought it through Steam.
  • Daralon87Daralon87 Member Posts: 236
    edited June 2014
    Calm down guys. This is a sign, an Vision, this Patch WILL incoming. Have fun in another Games or life with Friends, Sportactivity (i does fight as sport, 8 weeks before, i'd broken my left Hand. So i'd to do, writing here in the Forum to tryin' to joking around with me.), talking and playin' Girlfriend(s*), eats slowly yummy meals and first of the two month ends next week.

(* ur been horned or to lovin' her?! :-) not all womens are bitches for Moneys.)

and yes, i awaites for the language options. No matter for the worlds ends. So take it out and 'ur time does not too pity for ur desire of life.
    Post edited by Daralon87 on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    I've read the list thoroughly and have found "- Imported dual-classed characters" without any subsequent details. What is this change about?

Also, among the phase III details there was a note on Wizard Slayer's Miscast Magic ability regarding ranged attacks. In the list of Phase IV there're no details on whether this change is still there or not.

The fact that Drizzt will see through invisibility means we no longer will be able to count on the help of gnolls. Good that @Meagloth 's Hero Guy has already dealt with the Drizzt encounter.

Another interesting change involves the Bard spell progression. I wonder what does it mean?

Is the feature regarding arcane/divine spellbook switch is the one you've told us about sometime ago, @Dee ?
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Bard spell progression, you say?
    *salivates*
  • HooHoo Member Posts: 128
    edited June 2014
    I checked the patched list in the upcoming patch, but I could not find the critical bug which refers to
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/15380/bg-ee-mods-and-modding-tutorials-quick-links, as described below:
    "Version 1.2 incompatible mods right now ALL mods that add kits to the game are incompatible with version 1.2."

I've tested it by installing Kit Revision Beta Version, and the mod didn't work correctly, indeed. I'm sure that this must be patched in the upcoming patch. Does the patch handle it already, @Dee?...
    Post edited by Hoo on
  • PhaetonPhaeton Member Posts: 42
    I think there are two problems in this version and this should be corrected before official release.

1. If I select default voice in character creation process, the voice doesn't play in campaign and black pits alike. If I export that character and restart with that character file, then default voice plays correctly.

2. In Korean localization, Font Size slider has six steps, but only three size are valid. I saw English version has six font size correctly. Besides, default (2nd from left) font size of Korean localization is somewhat smaller than previous versions. I think 2nd or 3rd size from left should be the same as default font size of previous versions.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    This poll has been destined to become one of the most one-sided polls of this Faeourm.

Just release it.
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    Dee said:

Correct; the game will still pause automatically if it wasn't already on any screen except the Map.

Is this ever going to change?
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328

After reading the patch notes, I think I will have to keep waiting another at least several months until I will play Baldur's Gate. This sucks.

What are you waiting for ????? I wonder

@Alkalurops yeah there is an update to the beta
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    The poll! @CrevsDaak was hilarious. It is entirely up to you guys when you release. People will always scream for patches and new content and fixes, we love the product and any chance we get to see it improve we will leap on. If you guys think it's good enough, Do it.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    kaguana said:

What are you waiting for ????? I wonder

Dub for the original (non-enhanced edition) content for other languages than English, as it was promised. I wait for it 1,5 year now.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    So anyone can vote in the poll, regardless of their access to the beta?
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Dee said:

- Drizzt is now properly equipped with his scimitars,

bengoshi said:

I'ot.

"The fact that Drizzt will see through invisibility..."

• GodmarGodmar Member Posts: 159
    edited June 2014
    @Dee in this thread you said:
    "Wizard Slayers now use their Miscast Magic ability with ranged attacks as well as melee attacks."
    I haven't found it in the list of features and fixes of the current topic. Has it been implemented?

I've also read that
    "Drizzt has been repaletted to match his canon self, including the green piwafwi cloak."
    Does this mean that in the loot from Drizzt we can now find the piwafwi cloak? Or is it only cosmetic?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Godmar said:

@Dee in this thread you said:
    "Wizard Slayers now use their Miscast Magic ability with ranged attacks as well as melee attacks."
    I haven't found it in the list of features and fixes of the current topic. Has it been implemented?

I've also read that
    "Drizzt has been repaletted to match his canon self, including the green piwafwi cloak."
    Does this mean that in the loot from Drizzt we can now find the piwafwi cloak? Or is it only cosmetic?

Yes, Wizard Slayers do their Miscast effect on ranged attacks as well.

Drizzt doesn't have a piwafwi cloak; it's cosmetic only.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Godmar‌ only cosmetic :)
    meagloth said:

So anyone can vote in the poll, regardless of their access to the beta?

Anyone can vote, but the purpose for the survey is to ensure that we've had a lot of people look at the changes. If 500 people vote "Yes" who haven't even tried the beta, then that sort of defeats the purpose.
    There's no store page for the beta; just install it through the Beamdog client, or using one of the links in this thread: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/30515/sign-up-for-beta-access-windows-mac-only#latest
  • HurricaneHurricane Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 730
    Thank you for the beta update! We're almost there! :)

As always, I did a quick check to see which of the previously reported issues still exist in the game. I was glad to find that the green and blue highlighting of locked containers has been fixed. Since that was my last complaint specific to this beta, I say we are good to go! :)
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited June 2014
    Messi said:

There seems to be a small problem with highlighting items with tab.

1. Create new game with Abdel
    2. Enter the Candlekeep Inn and go into the kitchen.
    3. Click on the shelf there.
    4. Move mouse over the dagger item and press tab.
    5. Instead of "dagger" the scroll will read "noblewoman"

If you loot the item and then view it through the inventory window it will display the item name correctly.

This is also true in other instances, such as special abilities and spells on the lower quick-bar (every item on that bar, actually).
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    A question for the developers...
    Why Viconia is changed into a drow once you arrive in the Underdark? I mean, she IS a drow...
    Is this going to happen also with the release of the version 1.3?
  • Daralon87Daralon87 Member Posts: 236
    edited June 2014
    Luke93 said:

Why Viconia is changed into a drow once you arrive in the Underdark? I mean, she IS a drow...

She is already on the run, so Viconia is a cosmetically false drow.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    Daralon87 said:

Luke93 said:

She is already on the run, so Viconia is a cosmetically false drow.
    Perfect! Thanks!