Skip to content

The Road to v1.3 (BG:EE), Phase IV

Comments

• molloymolloy Member Posts: 105
    Is it the same old quick loot bar from BG2EE or an improved one? Because although I liked it in principle, it wasn't that nice, how it broke item stacking.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @molloy I know that, that, is fixed. You can have someone with full inventory and add arrows or potions into a stack that is not full. Before you needed an empty space and then it would stack.

Not tried it with the inventory bar.

I wanna try it with inventory bar!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I don't have a screenshot for this one, but for those of you who spoke up about UI screens spamming "Pause/Unpause" messages in the combat log, we've cleaned that up; the Pause messages will only appear when the game is paused or unpaused from the Gameplay screen.
  • OtakuOtaku Member Posts: 42
    Please Dee give me a prediction from the crystal ball. can i hope you release the patch this week?
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I got my cleric control script to work... Sometimes a reboot and reload is the only way...

Really enjoying this run.

A small question.

Have vampiric wolves become rarer?

Have ankhegs become more populous?

Have Xvarts housed themselves in the huts at the bottom of fireleaf forest?

Or is the spawn thing just down to random chance... And this is how the dice has fallen...
  • ariasings91ariasings91 Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone,

My boyfriend and I enjoy playing Baldur's Gate together. There are a few things that were/are troubling to us as we continue to play the multiplayer mode together:

1) Imoen's remaining in the party after she gets taken away.
    2) When you try to get Mazzy to leave the party, she will no longer engage in conversation for her to tell us where she will be. So you basically lose her from the game.
    3) The game crashes if we die and have to reload the game and during a chapter change.
    4) When Yoshimo is equipped with special arrows (i.e., Arrow +1), he won't use them. There is an image of his fist instead.
    5) We accidentally killed Jermien the Cowled Wizard before we could complete the quest with the mimic's blood. But the quest won't go away in our journal.

Does anyone know if any of these problems being fixed in the patch, or have any advice on how to fix them? We figured out by reading the forums that we could get rid of Imoen by killing her, but the other problems we aren't sure how to fix.

Thanks!
    Ariasings91
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2014

Hi everyone,

My boyfriend and I enjoy playing Baldur's Gate together. There are a few things that were/are troubling to us as we continue to play the multiplayer mode together:

1) Imoen's remaining in the party after she gets taken away.
    2) When you try to get Mazzy to leave the party, she will no longer engage in conversation for her to tell us where she will be. So you basically lose her from the game.
    3) The game crashes if we die and have to reload the game and during a chapter change.
    4) When Yoshimo is equipped with special arrows (i.e., Arrow +1), he won't use them. There is an image of his fist instead.
    5) We accidentally killed Jermien the Cowled Wizard before we could complete the quest with the mimic's blood. But the quest won't go away in our journal.

Does anyone know if any of these problems being fixed in the patch, or have any advice on how to fix them? We figured out by reading the forums that we could get rid of Imoen by killing her, but the other problems we aren't sure how to fix.

Thanks!
    Ariasings91

The problems you mentioned are for BG2EE. This thread is for testing the patch for BGEE. Ideally if you could repost each of these issues in their own separate threads in the BG2EE bugs section that would be preferred.
    Post edited by elminster on
  • luskanluskan Member Posts: 269
    Dee said:

Probably not this week, but I'm as eager as you are to see it released. We have to temper our eagerness with proper testing.

But we're very, very close now.

Drats, I was really hoping it would be released for my birthday. :'(
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    Maybe there's a chance we'll get it by my birthday (september 18)?

I guess it could be decently possible now, but dunno.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    Chow said:

I hope it will be a lot sooner then that, maybe even next week :)
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    edited July 2014
    I'm unclear on the current reporting procedures for bugs. I'm gong to assume here...

In the prologue, at Candlekeep,

Fuller's dagger+1.

1) The dagger shows up in Inventory with the blue aura of an enchanted item, but it is just labeled "dagger".
    2) On the Character page combat stats are adjusted correctly for a Dagger+1.
    3) When the info page on the weapon is brought up, it is the info page for an ordinary dagger.
    4) On the vendor interface (interaction with Winthrop), this dagger is valued at 1GP just like ordinary daggers. According to the Wikia, base value for a Dagger+1 is 300GP, so Winthrop should be buying at 150GP or so. (This happens in v1.2 as well.)

So, I guess no seal from me, yet. :-)
    kaguana said:

I hope it will be a lot sooner then that, maybe even next week :)

Me too, I was just poking fun at just how bloody long it's taken already.
    edited July 2014
    @Chow yeah I know, and I guess we all feel the same way about it, even @Dee want it release already
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Chow said:

Going by Trent Oster's Twitter estimate, they will have released even the BG2 patch a month before that. So, assuming said estimate is not amazingly off (which is a possibility for sure), you're in luck.
    Yay.
    edited July 2014
    Messi said:

Adul said:

Chow said:

Going by Trent Oster's Twitter estimate, they will have released even the BG2 patch a month before that. So, assuming said estimate is not amazingly off (which is a possibility for sure), you're in luck.
    There is no way they will release the BG2EE patch in mid August. Just be happy if the BGEE patch is out by then.
    Why you being such a killing sport ?? it could have being very nice to actually have those two patch release till mid August..... But I guess that from experience of the past you are right :(
    Tho I wish there were some official confirmation about it, but we all know we won't have it, all we have is soon lol and "The Hope of fools" ;)
    @elminster I do hope it won't be long testing as BG1EE 1.3 patch tho
  • maltmalt Member Posts: 3
    BG1EE for iPad when?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Dee Drizzt might be able to see invisible characters, but if you summon a Wizard Eye, the Gnolls still attack him :/
    Maybe the Gnolls need a script re-work?
    Maybe; we'll try to tackle that next patch.

Is it just the Wizard Eye, or is it any summoned creature?
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Or maybe Drizzt needs a script re-work?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Dee‌ only the Wizard Eye, since all of the other summons don't clear out fog of war and he can initiate dialog with a Familiar.

Or maybe Drizzt needs a script re-work?

He got a script rework—now he also casts spells.
    malt said:

BG1EE for iPad when?

If you're asking when the patch will reach iPad, we'll be submitting it to Apple as soon as it's ready. It should hit the Apple stores shortly after it reaches everywhere else.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @CrevsDaak: Always good to see Zannah getting some recognition. :)