Skip to content

The Road to v1.3 (BG:EE), Phase IV

Comments

• kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @Effiny I also hope that they won't hold the patch back just because Dee is on vacation.

• DargnonDargnon Member Posts: 31
    @Dee Enjoy the vacation and change of scenery :) And look forward to the patch as many others do! It is really nice that this game is still getting updated.
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    When we will get ANY new content for BG2EE?
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    manero said:

When we will get ANY new content for BG2EE?

I think the schedule is roughly:
    BG:EE 1.3 -> BGII:EE Android -> BGII:EE 1.3 -> ???

So not any time soon seems like.
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    cmk24 said:

Franpa said:

I still can't help but imagine that testing would be completed about 1 billion percent quicker if the developers took advantage of the Beta Opt-In facilities available in Steam. I seriously don't understand why you can't upload a beta version for Steam users, you retain no need to force everyone to use it until it's properly tested and ready.

Does making a beta available on Steam, cost money?

When Beamdog makes an update the people who bought the game directly from them get it first, then they send the update to Atari, they validated the patch, and push it to steam. As a result the Steam version gets updates up to a week after the Beamdog version. If you are doing a beta patch the last thing you want is the people testing the game to be on multiple versions of the game, otherwise you could get bugs being reported for things that have already been fixed and you would have to spend more time sorting out all the bug reports based on what version people are playing. For this reason Beamdog does not include Steam in the beta.
    But under Steam there will only ever be one Beta version availeble and one non-beta version availble, exactly like how it is for direct Beamdog customers. The only difference (Is it even a difference?) is that updates to either channel are applied automatically unless you play Offline.
    Ah, okay then, I didn't think of that situation.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Troodon80 said:

@Franpa‌, I think what cmk24 means is that with the delay between their own distribution platform and Steam, if a new version comes out (like a hotfix) before the Steam version hits, people could be using two different beta versions depending on whether they are using the Beamdog version or the Steam version (rather than an assumption that there could be multiple versions on Steam).

That's the way I interpreted it, at least, whether right or wrong.

The only way around that would be to delay their own version until the Steam version is ready, then send the new update and wait again until Steam is ready before releasing their own version.

@Franpa, This is what I meant, sorry for the confusion.
    Sure, I'm a bit of a hypocrit it seems. I want Grinding Gear Games to use their own forum more often and not fffff Reddit yet here I was trying to get Beamdog to essentially, use both this forum and Steam Discussions (Which is infinitely worse then the Steam Powered Forums)
  • SkieSkie Member Posts: 90
    Nice feature list and bug fixes!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2014
    Unfortunately my mac spectacularly failed awhile ago and I don't have access to beta testing permissions for my PC. Anywho I need someone with the latest 1.3 build to test a bug I've noticed in 1.2. I couldn't find any reference to it internally.

Instructions.

1) Load the attached save.
    2) Cast Fire Shield (blue or red whichever you prefer)
    3) Talk to Tarnesh
    4) Have him cast magic missiles into you.
    5) Do you find you are getting the following message repeatedly whenever a magic missile hits you "one of the spells has failed" (even though you aren't casting any spells)

Post edited by elminster on
  • ronaldoronaldo Member Posts: 263
    @elminster I just gave it a try in the 1.3 build and I did get the "one of the spells has failed" message. Same result with Fireshield Red and Blue.
    Thanks @ronaldo for the confirmation.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @elminster that's the message that launches when the opponent that attacks you isn't right besides you. IIRC Fireshield acts in a radius of 3', so any attack made into that radius should be taken into account to trigger the shield's damage.
    That explains that. :)
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    Still wouldn't call it a failure of the spell - it's working as intended and shouldn't spam fail messages.
    @CrevsDaak‌ @elminster‌
  • variattvariatt Member Posts: 5
    I'm going to skip waiting for patch v1.3 and just play the game with patch v1.2. I waited too long to play this game. I believe that BG:EE v1.2 is playable, although when I launched the game, I noticed that my character is swinging "invisible two handed sword" LOL, I guess it's another minor bug (if I re-equiped weapon, the problem was gone), but if I could finish the game without a major problems, swinging invisible sword or wear invisible pants, that's fine with me.

According to the info in the first post: "Release the Patch! (103 / 500)". So this gonna take serious amount of time, 4-5 months, I guess.

So, thanks for the effort. I hope v1.2 will be just fine.

(sorry for the language mistakes)
    variatt said:

According to the info in the first post: "Release the Patch! (103 / 500)". So this gonna take serious amount of time, 4-5 months, I guess.

As has been mentioned previously here there are only about 6 bugs left to be fixed (out of hundreds). So this is not something that is going to take 4-5 months.
    Chow said:

Unless they're ankhegs, maybe. Squashing those things takes its time.

Bah just get a sleep spell. They'll fall over and snooze while you gut them :D
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    bengoshi said:

If that statement was even remotely true, they'd be up to 1.5 for both games and have three DLCs out by now.
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    They're "expansions", you incredibly rude person!
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    edited July 2014
    Not sure if this has been fixed in v1.3 (I'm still awaiting for beta approval - more than a week already :(), but I will mention it also here in case you want to implement a quick fix: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/33215/wrong-death-variable-in-zeke-dlg?new=1
    As you can see it doesn't need any testing.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @swit, it is fixed. :-)