Skip to content

The Road to v1.3 (BG:EE), Phase IV

Comments

• O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    CrevsDaak said:

He got a script rework—now he also casts spells.

Does it include attacking gnolls? Because if not, then we still have a problem that can be potentialy easy to solve.
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    edited July 2014
    Chack said:

I'm unclear on the current reporting procedures for bugs. I'm gong to assume here...

In the prologue, at Candlekeep,

Fuller's dagger+1.

1) The dagger shows up in Inventory with the blue aura of an enchanted item, but it is just labeled "dagger".
    2) On the Character page combat stats are adjusted correctly for a Dagger+1.
    3) When the info page on the weapon is brought up, it is the info page for an ordinary dagger.
    4) On the vendor interface (interaction with Winthrop), this dagger is valued at 1GP just like ordinary daggers. According to the Wikia, base value for a Dagger+1 is 300GP, so Winthrop should be buying at 150GP or so. (This happens in v1.2 as well.)

So, I guess no seal from me, yet. :-)

@dreamrider that is no bug. You are supposed to identify the dagger. You can use unidentified items and they would work the same way, but as long as you don't identify them (with knowledge or via spell) it will be treated as an ordinary item.
    That is not the case for this weapon. The dagger IS already identified, just as if you had bought it at a shop.
    You CANNOT identify it further. And the combat bonuses display and function correctly.

The description page and the value appear to be wrong, however.

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @dreamrider‌ You may need to post a screenshot or two; when you get the dagger from Fuller it isn't identified; you can pay to have it identified at the Priest of Oghma or later on, or have a mage cast Identify in your party (or if your Lore is high enough you can identify it yourself with no spells at all). Until you identify it, though, it's going to have a value of 1gp and be displayed as a plain dagger in the tooltip, stores, and item description.
    edited July 2014
    Got it. My mistake.

Interestingly enough, after Chap 1 started and I handed the dagger over to Imoen, it was identified, not immediately, but the first time I looked at the description page thereafter. I did not have Imoen attempt to identify. Is Lore identify automatic?
    edited July 2014
    On the Candlekeep Coastway map (1st map), my first hostile encounter was a single diseased gibberling.
    All went fine with the battle.

However, when it was over, the 'battle' music would not stop.

I did not try saving and returning, however, sounds did finally revert to normal themes when I had the party (just CHAR and Imoen) rest.

Ed.: As soon as I encountered, killed something else (wolf), it happened again.
    ED.2: It is happening each hostile encounter. Besides ceasing during rest, it will cease with a save, quit, reload. On-screen encounters with friendlies for dialogue will not stop the battle theme, however.
    Post edited by dreamrider on
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    There should be no automatic identification, not something I have seen either. Is your game modded?

The music is reported as issue 7359 for one area, don't know if the cause is the same everywhere or if a fix would be global or area specific though.
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    Speaking of hostile encounters, think it's going to be possible to return to the norm of the original game where we'd get proper swarms of foes thrown at us? Lone wolves are all very well, but singular gibberlings just seem pathetic.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681

Got it. My mistake.

Interestingly enough, after Chap 1 started and I handed the dagger over to Imoen, it was identified, not immediately, but the first time I looked at the description page thereafter. I did not have Imoen attempt to identify. Is Lore identify automatic?

Yes, if the lore score of the character carrying the item is high enough, just viewing the description will identify it.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Chow said:

Speaking of hostile encounters, think it's going to be possible to return to the norm of the original game where we'd get proper swarms of foes thrown at us? Lone wolves are all very well, but singular gibberlings just seem pathetic.

Are you comparing the original game or one of EasyTutu / Baldurs Gate Trilogy? I believe single creatures were quite common in the original version but games based on BGII spawned groups.

Some screenshots I've just taken from the original.

Gate70 said:

Are you comparing the original game or one of EasyTutu / Baldurs Gate Trilogy? I believe single creatures were quite common in the original version but games based on BGII spawned groups.

I played both the original and Tutu, and don't really remember if either one had lone foes or if it was all swarms. But I do vastly prefer the swarms.
    Gate70 said:

There should be no automatic identification, not something I have seen either. Is your game modded?

The music is reported as issue 7359 for one area, don't know if the cause is the same everywhere or if a fix would be global or area specific though.

Indeed, in the next area music appears to be functioning normally.

Are the beacons on the top of the watchtowers of the FAI new?
  • NokkenbuerNokkenbuer Member Posts: 146
    I don't know if this has already been asked and/or answered, but why is the counter being reset? Is it because someone is breaking the counter by using multiple accounts/submitting multiple forms? Or is it some other reason?
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207

Is it because someone is breaking the counter by using multiple accounts/submitting multiple forms? Or is it some other reason?

Something along those lines, yes. Some impatient git artificially bumped it a lot so they reset it and added email verification (I think) to stop that from happening again.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Chow‌ the swarms are from TuTu's spawn system. I saw this being discussed some time ago in this same forum and some people bring up this same conclusion (plus, in my BGT install I used a mod, which has a component that introduces TuTu's spawn system to the game).
    Fair enough. Whatever it's from and however it works, I find it makes rather more sense that way.

Well, except when I quicksave and -load and suddenly the swarm has doubled.
    edited July 2014
    While in the Golden Pantaloons gentleman's room at the FAI, Imoen began to try to pick the lock on the footlocker. She may have bumped the resident nobleman.

In any case, just then got a line of Khalid's response patter.

Khalid was down on the first floor at the time (albeit he was a party member).
    It was the line "C-can I help you?", not one of the good/bad conflict lines that can come in regardless of location when there is a mixed party.

When I re-entered the room later, and deliberately approached the nobleman for the first intended time, I got normal exchange. So I imagine that perhaps Imoen did not bump him on the previous occasion. Still, random Khalid chatter - with Khalid not present??
    Post edited by dreamrider on
    When my party picked up Edwin in Naskel, I got the message that the party gained 39GP (Edwin's purse, presumably).

However, when I checked the inventory page of any character, what had actually happened was that the engine had erroneously REDUCED the total gold of the party to just 39 GP. Before that total GP had been ~335GP.

Bad game engine! Naughty! No oilcan for you tonight!
  • EffinyEffiny Member Posts: 378

When my party picked up Edwin in Naskel, I got the message that the party gained 39GP (Edwin's purse, presumably).

However, when I checked the inventory page of any character, what had actually happened was that the engine had erroneously REDUCED the total gold of the party to just 39 GP. Before that total GP had been ~335GP.

It sounds like you have Neera in the party, instead of Edwin. :-D
    Not yet. But Edwin HAS died (unplanned), while we were searching the fortress for Dynaheir, which was, of course, very convenient and allowed to stand. He didn't have any real friend insisting that we resurrect him, after all, and with the loss of so much of our working capital... ;-)

Still, its a pretty serious glitch in the early game to lose all your money when recruiting a potentially 'must have' (evil party) NPC.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Do you have a save from before Edwin joined you? Or, failing that, from immediately after?
  • Zymran86Zymran86 Member Posts: 137
    @Dee do you know if we will see the patch this week?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

Are you running any mods? (plus like dee asked do you have a save from before Edwin joined you?)
    The 'combat' music never quit after an encounter with the kobolds in the NW quadrant of Area AR4300 (Coastway just north of Nashkel) either.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    @Dee The Laerta and Louise quest still seems broken. Talking to either after killing the wizard doesn't actually conclude the quest like it's supposed to. They just ask if I believe them about the boogeyman.
    elminster said:

Are you running any mods? (plus like dee asked do you have a save from before Edwin joined you?)

No mods.

Best I can do for a save game is At The End of The Prologue. A good 4 days before Nashkel.

I'll also include the next available one after the loss, which is after recovering Dynaheir. I think Edwin is dead at that point, but just a little before.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Umm...I keep getting a message at the bottom of this web page that says "(BALDUR.sav) Uploaded file type is not allowed." Suggestions?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2014
    Throw the save files into a rar or zip file (I use winrar normally but whatever program should work). Those should be postable here.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    When do you think it's best to assume this Mod will be released? And will it be released for BG2:EE as well as BG:EE?