Skip to content

The Road to v1.3 (BG:EE), Phase IV

Comments

• MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    @Dee What's left right now? Number of bugs/issues/tests? And I for one would rather wait an extra week and have a completely bug free game! Keep up the good work guys!
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    edited August 2014
    Completely bug free is a fantasy for any large complex piece of software...and it doesnt happen in a week. Still I share the spirit of your sentiment. Take the time you need to finish your goals for 1.3 and then share the wealth with bg2ee and bg2 android

Im still noticing an issue on my nexus 7 android L preview with the magnify glass. It now stays active between zones but I believe it becomes depressed after zoning... requiring a double click to toggle off
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    @MrSexton Well, completely bug free is not gonna happen just yet (and if we're being realistic, ever). As I understand it, now we're waiting for the regressions to be fixed, which only include bugs that were introduced by this specific patch. There are still bugs that are known to be in the game and won't be fixed in the 1.3 patch.
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    edited August 2014
    @DJ_Sweatz_2013‌
    Please tell me I'm not the only person that finds this meme hilarious... In both the meme is funny and neither of us can spell...
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Dee said:

There will still be work that needs to be done after 1.3, of course.

A lot of work, I suppose.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Any chance for patch tommorow?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    it seems like the beta brought a bunch of new problems and now the end of the road is far away again, no?
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited August 2014
    Sergio said:

I'm amongst one of the harsh critic (against the developers) guys amongst the community; but even that doesn't mean that every day someone has to keep repeating what the developers already know in a subtle ironic way or an annoying way.

*shrug* You do you. Calling Beamdog out on their flubs is just about the only fun I've had with these games since I bought them.
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    shawne said:

Franpa said:

It's called the Infinity Engine for a reason folks, it has infinite problems!

Some problems are more substantial than others, though. I mean, it's actually okay if the EEs are never truly bug-free, but there's "The description on this item says it does fire damage when it actually does ice damage", there's "my thief is now stuck as an immortal mist that can't attack" and there's "This cutscene has broken the game three times in a row." Knowing where to focus your efforts is just as important as knowing how to bug-fix.
    Just having some fun, don't take it serious!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • dashteacupdashteacup Member Posts: 52
    I still don't see stoneskin available for key assignment under (Gameplay > Assign Keys > Mage Spells). I'm on a mac and I just downloaded the latest patch update.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    Cr4zyJ said:

@DJ_Sweatz_2013‌
    Please tell me I'm not the only person that finds this meme hilarious... In both the meme is funny and neither of us can spell...

I can spell just find, it's just that I can't spell Engine without using spell check
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Sergio said:

with time ZelgadisGw, all will be fixed.>.<</p>

I was not talking about bugfixes and I'm pretty sure the devs already know what I have meant. I am known of bothering them about that thing from time to time.
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    edited August 2014
    elminster said:

I think the problem is that its not something that is reliably repeatable (as in if you attach a save I may not be able to repeat your findings). I tried it myself (using both the wand and the spell) and after 30 attempts I got 1 or 2 reflections. My method didn't change either so I didn't find anything to basically point to a suggest a cause behind it.

What area are you testing it in? Maybe its a weird area glitch.

Not confined to a specific area, I'm playing through the beta. Most recently working the southern areas, and the two latest shots that made me really frustrated were while fighting the Jellies on the rather wide open Tombs map. The reflections appeared to come directly off the Jellies, however, not terrain.
    Post edited by dreamrider on
    MrSexton said:

@Dee What's left right now? Number of bugs/issues/tests? And I for one would rather wait an extra week and have a completely bug free game! Keep up the good work guys!

Oh my! You must be the most optimistic computer game player IN THE WORLD!! :-D

edited August 2014
    Etamin said:

Any chance for patch tommorow?

Oops! You said "patch", not "release".

Deleting my previous rant.
    Dee said:

Minor glitch:

I selected the pensive young man portrait as the face of my CHARNAME, the same portrait that is usually used for Garrick. When I encountered Garrick, therefore, the engine defaulted to the "Abdel" portrait for Garrick - but only on his inventory & stats pages. The small portrait in the right side party roster is still the standard Garrick portrait, duplicating my CHARNAMEs portrait.

(originally erroneously posted in Feature Requests - had wrong forum open while playing.)

Is this new to 1.3, or can you also reproduce the problem in 1.2?
    I don't have a convenient save to test this right now. Garrick was left in a spot somewhat inconvenient to any of my existing saves party positions.

When I get back in his vicinity, I will create a save and check it out in with a 1.2 session.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited August 2014
    It seems the history regarding Baldur's Gate with shipping a game/a patch constantly repeats itself.

Check https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg/TFGjqsKhyVE

It's a discussion about the very first release of BG in 1998: and we see the same - a long period of anticipation, doubts, time estimation, bug-fixing and polishing, polishing, polishing...
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    bengoshi said:

It seems the history regarding Baldur's Gate with shipping a game/a patch constantly repeats itself.

Check https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg/TFGjqsKhyVE

It's a discussion about the very first release of BG in 1998: and we see the same - a long period of anticipation, doubts, time estimation, bug-fixing and polishing, polishing, polishing...

Its not quite the same since that was pre-release.