Skip to content

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Update v1.3.2053

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
edited August 2014 in Archived News
Today we are thrilled to be releasing v 1.3.2053 of Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition. The update is already available for Windows on Beamdog and Steam, the Mac update is available on Beamdog, and Android can be updated through Google Play. The patch has been submitted to Apple for approval and will soon be available on the Mac and iTunes App Stores.

A complete list of changes is below. Get ready for some serious butt-kicking for goodness.

Crash Fixes

- Game no longer freezes when canceling an imported priest character
- Double-clicking a stack on ground slots no longer crashes the game
- Custom portraits larger than 1024x1024 no longer crash the game; instead, a message appears informing the - user that the image is too big
- (Android) Returning to the game from sleep mode should no longer cause the game to close

Features and Gameplay Enhancements

- Added "Font Size" to Graphics Options (changing this during play will empty the combat log)
- Quickloot feature from BGII:EE has been implemented
- While viewing a mage's Spellbook screen, players can now switch to a priest character and the game will immediately switch to the Priest Spells screen (and vice versa)
- Spell scrolls that can be written into a spellbook for the current character now display a green-tinted overlay
- Non-friendly NPCs that are Blinded will no longer stand still; they will wander aimlessly until they are close enough to see someone worth attacking
- Phandalyn is now a Lawful Good Paladin
- Drizzt is now properly equipped with his scimitars, and has been recolored to match his description in the books
- All golems in the game now possess appropriate immunities to Poison, Charm, Hold, Fear, Sleep, and Backstab
- All crossbows now require the same strength as their non-magical counterparts
- Rogdok now grants 400 experience points when defeated
- Rasaad's bracers and boots are now only usable by Rasaad
- Neera's staff is now only usable by Neera

Modder Features

- Items can now be flagged as unusable by Half-Orcs
- Profsmax.2da "FIRST_LEVEL" value can now be set higher than 2 to let characters place more pips in a proficiency type at level 1
- Clswpbon.2da "GETS_PROF_APR" value can now be set to 1 to allow non-warrior classes and kits to benefit from APR bonuses
- Neutral Evil, Neutral Good, Lawful Neutral, and Chaotic Neutral no longer prevent usability by True Neutral characters
- Portrait.2da is now alphabetized for easier reference, and the "M" values for each portrait have been populated; Dorn's alternate portrait has been updated to use the Half-Orc portrait from BGII:EE

Critical Fixes

- Aldeth's quest no longer gets stuck in cutscene mode during multiplayer
- The tutorial now grants the player a weapon they can actually use (Exception: Clerics with Strength 3 cannot use any weapons)
- Systems with out of date graphics drivers should no longer see graphical distortions in the game's UI
(Android) Game no longer drains the battery when not in use
- Auto-Pause will no longer stop a random encounter area from appearing; instead, the area will appear before the pause takes effect

At final tally, there were 208 bug fixes made in this patch. For the complete list, open the button below.
[spoiler]

Minor Fixes

- Characters with both arcane and divine spells can now view spell descriptions from the gameplay screen
- NPCs no longer speak over their own sounds when in dialogue
- NPC selection and activity sounds will now overlap with other selection and activity sounds from other NPCs
- Dual-classed assassins and thieves now receive the correct backstab multipliers when they get their abilities back
- Non-party characters now receive proper bonuses and penalties for their weapon proficiencies (or lack thereof)
- Japanese text now displays correctly across all screens
- Combat music no longer continues forever in certain situations (Killing Shank is a good example)
- The Shadowdancer's backstab progression now matches the BGII:EE version
- Luck spell no longer erases the target's weapon proficiencies
- "Boo will miss you" text when closing the game now displays correctly for every supported language
- Journal entries no longer disappear when scrolling the Journal screens
- Rasaad is no longer duplicated when removed from the party
- Exported dual-class characters should now keep their hit point totals when imported
- Blackmailing Areana now results in correctly receiving the blackmail amount each time
- Kirinhal can no longer be exploited for multiple XP rewards
- Jondalar now ends his combat tutorial if hit by the Totemic Druid's spirit animal
- Lothander's quest now resolves correctly when completed
- Shar-Teel no longer attacks the player after killing another member of the party during her recruitment encounter
- Dorn and Shar-Teel now correctly fight to the death after their final argument
- Shield spell now protects against traps that cast Magic Missile
- Otiluke's Resilient Sphere now carries out all of its intended effects correctly
- Elves' resistance to sleep effects now protects them from Power Word: Sleep
- All spells and innate abilities now possess accurate spell descriptions
- Characters wielding ranged weapons that deplete their current stack of ammunition will now automatically use the next stack of equipped ammo if it is the same type; if no stack of the same type is available, they will use the next available stack of non-magical ammunition
- Baeloth's recruitment dialogue now includes translations for Polish and German
- Imported dual-classed characters
- All usable spells and innate abilities now possess icons
- Erik and Jondalar no longer provoke the wrath of the Candlekeep Watchers
- The Doomsayer will no longer respawn after being killed
- The player will no longer lose control over Dorn once Dorotea and Senjak have been killed while in area OH1000
- Small Shield +2 no longer provides a bonus against missile weapons
- Potions of Power and Potions of Heroism no longer cause regeneration when reloading the game
- Montaron no longer leaves the party when force-talked at Reputation 12
- Items that are (or are not) usable by Barbarians now list Barbarian in the Usable/Unusable list
- Weapons that receive a damage bonus no longer provide an extra bonus to other weapons used when wielding two weapons
- Charm Person or Mammal no longer displays a message in the combat log at the end of the duration if the target was not successfully charmed
- Wizard Slayers now cause a Miscast Magic icon on their target's portraits (if available)
- Find Familiar spell description now displays the full description
- Subtitles now display correctly when Scale User Interface is enabled
- Horn of Kazgaroth no longer disappears after the first use
- User journal entries now display correctly during Multiplayer
- The door to the northwest-most house in the Friendly Arm Inn area now displays correctly when open and closed at night
- The tutorial now includes a translation for Czech
- Unidentified stacks of items no longer stack with identified stacks
- Selected weapons and ammunition now display the same green outline on the Inventory screen and the Gameplay screen
- The Dagger of Venom no longer bestows multiple portrait icons
- The bard class's spell progression now follows the progression from Throne of Bhaal
- There is no longer a strange woman's scream in Cloakwood Mine
- The Identify screen at temples and stores no longer allows scrolling past the final item in the list
- Resting now unpauses the game if it was paused, allowing random encounters and town guards to spawn correctly
- The Spell Information screen no longer allows clicking of hidden buttons
- The Reform Party function now works even if the game is paused and the UI is hidden
- Drizzt will now see the player even if they are invisible, allowing him to survive the encounter with the gnolls
- Expanding the dialogue window now aligns the text to the bottom of the window instead of the top
- Arriving at an area's eastern side now places the party at the edge of the map
- Killing Zhurlong before completing his quest now closes the journal entry for his quest
- Amnian soldiers now display correct reply strings once Brage's quest has been completed
- Spell Shield duration now scales according to its spell description
- Text strings on the Record screen now resize themselves to fit the available space
- Ghasts in Durlag's Tower no longer attack other enemy creatures
- Map markers can now be color-changed and deleted without any issues
- All items that grant immunity no longer display strings in the combat log for the effects that did not affect the character
- All text containers now allow scrolling all the way to the bottom of the text
- Pick-Pocket skill no longer resets to zero when raised above 255
- Picking up Brage's dead body no longer leaves a second body on the ground
- Lothander now leaves the area immediately after completing his quest
- Windowed mode no longer allows "edge scrolling" (scrolling the map by moving the cursor to the edge of the screen).
- The Sword of Balduran no longer makes other weapons glow green when equipped
- Beast Masters may no longer summon familiars during the tutorial
- Changing clothing colors no longer changes the colors of helmets and shields on the paper dolls if those items possess colors of their own
- Merchants no longer flash in and out of existence in the Iron Throne during Chapter 7
- (Android) All devices now display the same version number as other platforms
- (Android) Pressing the Return key on the on-screen keyboard when entering a password during multiplayer now closes the keyboard
- (Android) The magnifying glass tool's toggle setting is now remembered when transitioning world map areas
- (Android) Traps no longer display their trigger icons before they've been discovered with the Find Traps ability
- (Android) Multiplayer auto-saves and quick-saves no longer display ridiculous timestamp values[/spoiler]
Post edited by Dee on
CuvkaguanaAdulMessiKamigoroshimlneveseRavenslightCrevsDaakEtaminlolienjackjackEffinyKilivitzKedricFredjoParysNokkenbuerDexterJuliusBorisovspelltriggerDraekinNecdilzor_Luke_WillyML4OxvaVakarianjahes64Crossfire876JonelethIrenicusButtercheeseAristilliusKirinaldoNonnahswriterHurricanelelag200darrenkuoFlashburnPoupipoupipouMichailgeminibruniStarflower2525VixentSelendisMarcmadSenashMaxAraderJenzafarKoraxsunset00CoryNewbHaHaCharade[Deleted User]KlopjeroBlackravenwhitemushroomCaradocWanderon[Deleted User]uh6091b

Comments

• kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    I see no patch update :O
    Kamigoroshijackjack
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    It may take a bit to show up, but by the end of today you should be able to download and play with the patch.
    kaguanaKamigoroshijackjackNecdilzor
    lol it is my end of the day it already 22:00 o'clock over here :P
    Kamigoroshilolien
  • KangaxxTheLichKangaxxTheLich Member Posts: 14
    Just saw it updating on Steam! Great news.
  • MusaabMusaab Member Posts: 92
    Still waiting for it to show up on my Beamdog install.
    jackjack
    I think they forgot to patch the patch to the public, because it shy for everyone.
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    i feel like a second class customer now :)
    aqzina
  • CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
    edited August 2014
    Weeeee, quick loot :D
    I got the patch automaticly with Steam
    Zakharon
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Congrats!
    lolienAstroBryGuyWillyML4CrevsDaak
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Yay! iPad.... Takes another week. Also
    Cluas said:

I think the quick loot feature is not included in this patch. I didn't see on the list.
    Anyway whenever it will arrive thank you so much for it and all the hard work you are putting into this lovely game that we all love ;)
    lolienJuliusBorisovHurricane[Deleted User]
    edited August 2014
    meagloth said:

Cluas said:

I think the quick loot feature is not included in this patch. I didn't see on the list.
    It is, I'll add it to the list now.
    kaguanalolienjackjackAstroBryGuy
    lol update is faster on android then actual pc
  • spajdrspajdr Member Posts: 20
    I'm sorry that i ask for this, but is it being sent for approval to Apple even for Ipad or only Mac version?
    @spajdr I think it was sent for all platform at once.
    meaglothlolien
  • TomakoTomako Member Posts: 30
    Oh my, the biggest annoyance I had have been subsided! Holding tab now displays the characters name and HP together with Commoners and others having floating names above their heads!

The UI is much improved over the previous one, as well as the font quality!

Thanks a bunch!
    kaguanameaglothlolien
    spajdr said:

I'm sorry that i ask for this, but is it being sent for approval to Apple even for Ipad or only Mac version?

iPad as well. As soon as it's approved by Apple it will be available through both Mac App Store and the iOS-based iTunes App Store.
    spajdrlolien
    meagloth said:

Cluas said:

Well I just noticed it ingame, that's why I had to post :D
  • spajdrspajdr Member Posts: 20
    Dee thank you for answering :-)
    I must say, it is an awesome feature :) thx Dee ...
    kaguanaWillyML4
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    So when's the next patch coming out?
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Dee said:

meagloth said:

Cluas said:

It is, I'll add it to the list now.
    Awesome.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @Dee my standalone installer don't show apply patch option yet (only Play button is active). Should I worry or should I wait a bit longer for it? Seems that other have the patch accessible already...
  • ZoGarthZoGarth Member Posts: 47
    Huzzah... let the butt kicking for goodness begin anew. squeak... Yes Boo, even giant space hamsters can kick butts.
This discussion has been closed.