Skip to content

Disappearing posts in the forum? Contact a moderator.

mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
edited October 2020 in Site Resources
This forum has an automatic spam filter that will filter legitimate posts if your profile is "not verified" and you hit some conditions. Sorry I can't clarify which conditions are those or I'll just be making the spambot creator's job easier.

So if you notice your posts are disappearing or just never show up contact a moderator.

Some moderators:

@JuliusBorisov
@mlnevese
@Tresset
Post edited by Tresset on
CrevsDaakmeaglothMetallomanJuliusBorisovlolienTroodon80Montresor_SP

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited August 2014
    Non-moderators can't see if an account is verified or not.
    meaglothlolien
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Crevsdaak I know... I should have corrected the post before :) it's now corrected. Also I edited your post. I left too much information in that picture :)
    CrevsDaaklolien
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @mlnevese‌ Don't worry ;) it's ok (anyway your email couldn't be seen since it had a black overlay that was shouting out PAINT a bit loud…).

Also, this makes me wonder if @Metalloman‌'s e-mail showing up is intentional or just a mistake of "him not ticking the desired option and, since he is a moderator and he always see e-mails he might not have realized he has it set to public…"?
    lolien
    @CrevsDaak‌ hey not Paint! I use Paint.Net ;)
    CrevsDaakMetallomanlolien
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    edited April 2017
    my post disappeared when editing. a popup said that it should be approved or something

the edit was identical in content, i just bolded one word. that's maybe why the software got it as a spam

@Tresset
    post disappeared on this thread: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/64507/qwinns-karachblade-fix-shouldnt-be-included-spoilers/p2

(if you can make it appear, i'd really appreciate it, because i'd hate to retype it)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @bob_veng Thanks for reporting. Everything should be alright now, and you shouldn't get the similar error in the future.
    lolienbob_veng
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    edited April 2017
    thanks. i reposted btw becase i found out i had the post saved (sorry)
  • ProontProont Member Posts: 141
    edited December 2017
    @JuliusBorisov
    I had a post disappear in this thread: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/67762/the-add-the-ability-to-have-a-fourth-class-card-discussion#latest

I edited it to change one word and my post disappeared. I thought I might have accidentally deleted it and reposted and got a message saying that it would have to be approved.
    @Proont shouldn't happen anymore.
    ProontJuliusBorisovlolien
    Thank you. Now how do I delete the duplicate post in that thread?
    JuliusBorisovmlneveselolien
    @Proont Just flag the one you want deleted, set reason to Other and say it's a duplicated message.
    ProontJuliusBorisovlolien
    Okay, thanks again.
    JuliusBorisovmlneveselolien
  • CashondeliveriCashondeliveri Member Posts: 10
    edited October 2018
    Sorry for necroing this thread, buti tried to edit a post and it simply vanished from the thread. I did save the draft before i posted, but can't seem to load the draft again. As it was a rather long post and i can't remember everything i wrote is there a way to get the post back?

Edit: Someone fixed it for me :)
    Post edited by Cashondeliveri on
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • The_Baffled_KingThe_Baffled_King Member Posts: 147
    @JuliusBorisov
    @semiticgod
    @mlnevese
    @Tresset

I posted a comment, and I then immediately tried to edit it not once but twice. Upon the second edit attempt, the post disappeared, and I then noticed a pop-up message that read something like 'Your comment will appear after it has been approved'. Is this a standard setting to catch spam on this forum, or something that is in place only for new users? If the former, I will try to be a bit more careful in using the preview function. Thanks in advance for any help.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited September 2020
    @The_Baffled_King I found your missing posts in our spam filter and restored them. I have also verified you so that this should not happen again.

If you are curious about the workings of the spam filter and other matters relating to spam fighting, I explained it a couple of years ago here.
    JuliusBorisov
  • The_Baffled_KingThe_Baffled_King Member Posts: 147
    @Tresset - Thanks, much appreciated (and I read the older post when you linked to it). Spam filters are always pretty annoying for users, but then again we never get to see the alternative due to all the effort on the part of mods, so cheers for that, too!
    Grond0ProontJuliusBorisov
    You all miss a lot of fun because of the spam filters... Who wouldn't love to buy a magical item that makes someone fall in love with you? So many other incredible offers blocked by our filters! :wink:
    ProontJuliusBorisov