Skip to content

Druid spells

kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
As druid is my favorite class I'm asking if it possible now that you got IWD content for you to extend the druid spells from IWD to BG series?

That will be so awesome if you can and it will make the druid in BG more powerful and useful to play with, so please please add the druid spells from IWD to BG series!!!!

Comments

• kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    edited August 2014
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I'd be mostly interested into the various Druid shapes. For example, the giant arthropods are quite lovely to behold. But at the same time I don't believe any creatures (or spells that feature them) from IWD) will ever be included in the other EE's. :(
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @kaguana you could place a feature request. I actually don't know how the IWDEE is being done. I believe they are using the BG2 engine so it would be possible. If not by Beamdog then by the modding community.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    meagloth said:

I also love the idea of the Druid but they are very weak, sooo....

They are weak because their spells are TERRIBLE! Just pick a 2nd edition Player Handbook manual, and you'll realize how cool druids are, it's just BG that nerved them terribly, while in IWD they are great.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Hey Kaguana, I don't know if I can do much to help you, other than to WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE with all capital letters. The spells at least should be.

I'm normally on the side of traditionalists when it comes to changing too many things in the Enhanced Editions, but in my opinion Baldur's Gate Druids and Bards are just far too underpowered.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Yes, yes, yes! IWD druid spells in BG, please! BG druids are just clerics with a few spell/ability changes. This port would make them really stand out as a unique class.
    @mlnevese it is a feature request :)

So @Dee can it happen? can you guys give us the druid spells of IWD to BG?
    Moved thread to the Feature Requests section.
    @mlnevese‌ I did post it there no?! how weird, where was it ?
  • laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283
    Yes I agree, druids are awesome in IWD series, but in the BG series theyre watered down to a point where they lost appeal as a playable class.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    This would be awesome as fully part of BGEE - but until then, you can get some of the IWD spells in BG2/EE/2EE with CamDawg's IWDification mod.

http://www.gibberlings3.net/iwdification/

(I'm guessing some of this work went into IWD:EE)
    That great but I still want the spells implanted officially ingame in BG:EE and BG2EE!
  • JarlJarl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 100
    I totally support this request!
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    @kaguana‌ I'm helping you by supporting your request!
  • SertoriusSertorius Member Posts: 172
    edited September 2014
    Yes, by all means bring the IWD spells both for priests, druids and mages to BGEE... it's only fair that it should go both ways, since IWD is getting BG spells
    Post edited by Sertorius on
    @kaguana‌ it was in the General section :)
    @mlnevese‌ weird, thank you for moving it to the right place :)

And thank you all for your support, I really hope they will listen to it and pass the spells :)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Actually, looking at the route Beamdog chose in teems of basing the EE of IWD on BGEE engine, I suppose that one day these two games will be fully compatible with each other.

I don't see any downsides in taking the best from these two games and making them close.

And the druid class is one of the most obvious options to start.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    bengoshi said:

And the druid class is one of the most obvious options to start.

BARDS!
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    edited September 2014
    Hmmm... Okay. Now I have no idea what Druids are like in IWD. Or Bards for that matter. However I know BG very well. And how powering up Druids could effect the game.

First my thoughts on the effect of CHARNAME choosing to be a Bard or Druid - IWDised.

Negligible effect. No one has said that the IWD Druid or Bard is better than a Kensai/mage for instance. It is not a breaker in a powergaming sense and will not make players only choose Druids or Bards as it will make the game easier to complete. It may cause endless debate and perhaps influence dual classing in ways I have not considered. But CHARNAMEs are meant to be more powerful due to dice roll until your eyes bleed and stat choice.

Next NPC effect and my thoughts. Eldoth and Garrick are famous for being underpowered and useless. A extra bit of oomph to these NPCs would be gladly accepted, and perhaps get these much aligned NPCs some respect and usage. As for our BG2 Bard Hier Dalis, he is a kitted blade and would not be effected.

Now Druids. Cernd is considered the worst NPC power wise (story wise I'm not considering here) but he is kitted to shapeshifter. Will these be effected? I believe not. So he will remain a useless Druid.

Then we come to the breaker.

Jaheria.

She is multiclassed to fighter and even gets her own spells such as harpers call (which could cause difficulties in itself). She is probably one of the most used NPCs and giving her IWD powers could over egg the pudding. i.e. once picked up, you wouldn't let her go. (Harper pins for everyone! )

@kaguana‌ Thank you for inviting. I'm in favour. Just.
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    edited September 2014
    Yes. Please.

(CHARNAME Ranger/Cleric (Archer/Cleric??) would get REALLY appealing...er...more appealing.)

...AND buck up bards.