Skip to content

IWDEE - Final version

Based on the time frames of the previous releases we should see a fully realized version in 2020. You know after the first release, then the 1.1,1.2, and eventual 1.3 updates that almost give us a stable and bug free game.

I mean how is BGEE looking these days? Still not quite cooked is it, and BGIIEE well dont get me started.

I WANT to be excited, but with each month I become less and less interested and more dubious of your ability to deliver on your promises.

Comments

• CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Bugs?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    cryocore said:

I mean how is BGEE looking these days? Still not quite cooked is it

A very tasty dish, obviously from a 3-Michelin star restaurant.

IWDEE? Delicious with a bunch of ice and cream, if being cooked for a month.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I understand the "track record" mentality you have going there. BG:EE's state at release was... less than stellar. BGII:EE was a lot better though and would've actually been great if it had been patched. Many people (not me unfortunately) don't have any trouble with it mind you so that makes it mediocre rather than terrible. So if we go by the track record of one bad release and one mediocre, we don't have reason to suspect it's going downhill to bad again.
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    I don't know why people are getting down on the op
    seems like a pretty reasonable concern to me. Its easy to assume that because you have experienced few bugs that your experience is the universal one. I bought bg2EE on release and i'm yet to have a smooth run through despite 3 attempts

Personally I wont be picking this up until its confirmed by numerous trustworthy sources as being more or less bug free
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    I don't remember the last bug I had in BG1 or 2.... *Shrugs*

PARTY TIME! WOOOOOHOOOOO!
    Adul said:

CoryNewb said:

I don't remember the last bug I had in BG1 or 2.... *Shrugs*

You should have seen our last Black Pits 2 multiplayer session. Hoo boy, that was quite a ride! I ended up having to relinquish control of my characters before and after each battle or else the game would just make my characters disappear. Forever. Plus I couldn't use any of my spells or special abilities since they were disabled even during the fights! But we made due without them. BG2 multiplayer on average is not that bad, but we've had quite a few hiccups similar to those even in the vanilla portion of the game.
    My multiplaying was limited, and it was a while back on bg1. We had some bugs but had fun too. I look forward to some IWD multiplayer :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Seriously. If that is your issue, wait for the company to announce a final patch before purchasing the game, or any game for that matter.

bengoshi said:

LiamEsler said:

I'm not a fan of day-1 purchases myself, and we don't expect anyone to buy IWD:EE first up.

After reading FAQ and seeing the screenshots to me that was like:

⊂_ヽ
      \\ Λ_Λ
       \( 'ㅅ' ) THAT INSTABUY
        > ⌒ヽ
       /   へ\
       /  / \\
       レ ノ   ヽ_つ
      / /
      / /|
     ( (ヽ
     | |、\
     | 丿 \ ⌒)
     | |  ) /
    ノ )  Lノ
    (_/
    3 pre-order badges show that Liam and I do not have the same opinion and day 1 purchases!