Skip to content

[MOD] -Scales of Balance- a post-hac tweak mod

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    I think it should be possible for vanilla fighters at least to specialize with the crossbow.

I like making them available to all along with clubs, though. I believe IR will be implementing a 'pause' feature with the crossbow ( similar to the a scorcher spell I think--an interesting idea).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    WithinAmnesia
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Is it possible to do backstab with a ranged weapon in bgee? I know it is possible in vanilla with tobex. That would really be a great feature--properly balanced of course!--for the sharpshooter...Just a quick thought
    Illustair
    edited September 2014
    IllustairGrammarsalad
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

slings = 1 to 2.5 apr, 2d3 crushing damage

This would make them too overpowered. They already get bonus from STR (note: I don't know if this is changed by this mod, but it's vanilla behavior so I assume so) and they get huge damage bonus from enchantment, too. I'd say 1.5 apr, since it's not that easy to load a Sling.
    I couldn't get it--ranged backstabbing--to work in my 20 minutes of research. Doesn't mean it isn't possible, of course. Even if not, you can simulate it with 286 (param 2 at 200% or whatever) for a short duration ability at least e.g. 'sniper shot'.

I like the slinger idea.

You could have different sorts of called shots that different classes specialize in. Maybe sharpshooters focus on damage (maybe with some poison) marksman already seem to focus on 'debuffs' perhaps slingers could be somewhere in between these two and archers could be 'magicy'.
    edited September 2014
    edited September 2014
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    I saw that you recommend to also install IWDification for bards, should that one be installed before or after this mod?
    And what about the Arcane and Divine Packs, do they also work or should they be skipped?

Thanks for a very interesting mod, currently waiting for this to reach 0.8 before starting a new play through :)
    edited September 2014
    Reading your previous post about kits it looks like the issue was assigning the correct kit id for the characters?
  • RoarRoar Member Posts: 41
    edited September 2014
    the Necromancer's cantrip 'stiffen bones' is an AOE slow, not single target. Its overpowered as a cantrip, is this a bug?
    edited September 2014
    edited September 2014
    I'm pretty sure you can save the ids to variables during the actual kit install then call those variables when assigning kits to characters.
    That way would however require kits and char alterations to be done during the same install (which most people do).

Look at the old Wild Sorcerer mod which have a component to change Neera to a Wild Sorcerer.
    edited September 2014
  • FunkaveFunkave Member Posts: 31
    Hi subtledoctor, is a HLAs module going to be developed? Refinements and Rogues Rebalanced did great, but the fist is incompatible with EE while the latter does not cover the Shadowdancer and your kit variations obviously.
    edited September 2014
    edited September 2014
    Roar
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, I meant EE vanilla. BG2 vanilla didn't had slings that gave STR damage bonus, but BG1 did.
    edited September 2014
    thats a fast patch on the necromancer's cantrip @subtledoctor‌ ! I havent got a chance to play since but ill try out the hotfix and let u know if it works. :)

edit: the hotfix works!
    Post edited by Roar on
    I think item revisions has, or will have ranged backstabbing...i seem to remember being able to do it myself. Iirc, it was like the critical hit protection toggle using one of the unused bits under the header flags--i think that is the right terminology. If so--and I certainly could be wrong--it is not there in bgee--like critical hit protection
    bug with mage cantrip: befuddle cantrip has an aoe effect.

I think item revisions has, or will have ranged backstabbing...i seem to remember being able to do it myself. Iirc, it was like the critical hit protection toggle using one of the unused bits under the header flags--i think that is the right terminology. If so--and I certainly could be wrong--it is not there in bgee--like critical hit protection

That flag is added by TobEx, so, yeah it's not in the EE.
    Grammarsalad
    edited September 2014
    I'm not that experienced when it comes to creating mods but can't you use a similar loop for checking kits?
    read 2da entry now, loop a read 2da entry former that checks the names in the first column and once you know the row for the correct name you check the id column?
    edited September 2014
    CrevsDaak