Skip to content

Which Kits are you excited to use in Icewind Dale?

Comments

• SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Pokota said:

Another thing to consider is that, in-universe, IWD takes place centuries (millenia?) before BG, so some of the kits that by flavor are more recent developments will make less sense to have, while the more primal kits will make more sense.

With that said, and after careful consideration I'd like my jester back please. It may not be the best class, but the chaos that can ensue from being able to drop confusion whenever I want is too good to pass up.

Well, the only kit that fits this description would be Wild Mage.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Zeckul said:

IWD had a high level of balance and all its classes were interesting and worked well together.

Not it didn't. It was very heavily skewed in favour of fighters, and thieves where rubbish.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    When IWD:EE comes out, I'd say I'll play a solo F/M/T, so no kits for me :\ :'D
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    Those Auril's priestess, I love them.
  • FrondFrond Member Posts: 121
    edited September 2014
    I love thieves. Finished BG as a thief more than anything else. Shadowdancer, assassin, swashbuckler, bounty hunter. All so good. Bounty Hunter first tho. Lawful Neutral coming north to kick some arse.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    I hope that I'm not getting a bit off topic here, but does anyone know whether the newly introduced kits will get the same special abilities that the vanilla classes received from HoW? For example, would a cavalier or undead hunter get the "smite evil" ability, or receive priest spells at a much earlier level, like the vanilla paladin did in HoW?
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    I've played plenty as my dwarves defender....and neglected my dragon disciple.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Bard Bard Bard Bard Bard Bard Bard Bard Bard Bard.

*chants under breath*

Nothing beats the jack of all trades! :)
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    Wild Mage

I plan to defeat the Big Bad via cow.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Hahahah! Cheers @booinyoureyes, that's much better! I will make a viable party of all Bards. You'll see!! Cower before our amazing harmonies.
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    I'd be more excited about having IWD2's 3.5 ruleset than kits. But since that isn't happening....

Swashbuckler. Always Swashbuckler.
  • ShynShyn Member Posts: 73
    edited September 2014
    CaloNord said:

Hahahah! Cheers @booinyoureyes, that's much better! I will make a viable party of all Bards. You'll see!! Cower before our amazing harmonies.

2 blades, 2 jesters, 1 skald and 1 vanilla bard might even be sort of cheesy. The blades provide the killing power, while running after the confused enemies the jesters are causing while the skald and the vanilla bard are singing about the epic redicule unfolding infront of them.

Or just go with 6 jesters singing the troll song while having everyone kill themselves.

Must.... Resist..... Trying....
  • HerrderGezeitenHerrderGezeiten Member Posts: 139
    edited September 2014
    It is time for a Half-Orc Shamane kit (Druid) it is 10 jears late so come one!

*Why in god`s Name mods make it a Cleric Class?*
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    Feel like there is something wrong with me but I'm so not excited about the kits, though I guess.. Warriors could do with some love, in IWD.
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    edited September 2014
    I'm looking forward to playing Sorcerer (the lack of scrolls in IWD can be frustrating) and either Avenger or Shapeshifter, thanks to the merged IWD/BG2 Druid spellbooks. They should be fun. I hope they're also adding the IWD thief abilities (crippling strike, sneak attack, iirc evasion) in which case I'd add Bounty Hunter to the line-up too. Traps will be a big boost against the hordes of IWD.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,076
    I'm going to play as six Assassin/Clerics who sneak attack everybody with poisoned Spiritual Hammers! (PLEASE don't make spiritual hammers unsuitable for backstab, Beamdog. Please...)
  • Gulthias_AmarsonGulthias_Amarson Member Posts: 28
    edited September 2014
    I will continue my love affair with the Kensai kit. However, the optional change to make backstab into sneak attack will probably mean that I'll finally have a chance to see if you can beat a game simply by having a slew of thieves with ridiculous backstab modifiers.

Nothing says "You're dead." Quite like getting attacked by four rogues outta stealth at the same time.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    I'm going to give ye old undead hunter a try, and give my poor cavaliers a break.
    So far my plan is:

Undead Hunter from Cormyr, traveling with her best friend who's an Elven Archer.

Skald and Avenger to provide her with the tales and lay of the land

I definitely wanna fit a Dragon Disciple in here.

Last spot is a tough cookie, but will prolly end up being either a fighter/thief (i'd rather not), or cleric/thief (never played one). Kinda a shame too, because I'd love to add cleric of helm (as another paladin partner), dwarven defender, or barbarian all to the party.

CURSE YOU LOCKS AND TRAPS!
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164

Last spot is a tough cookie, but will prolly end up being either a fighter/thief (i'd rather not), or cleric/thief (never played one). Kinda a shame too, because I'd love to add cleric of helm (as another paladin partner), dwarven defender, or barbarian all to the party.

CURSE YOU LOCKS AND TRAPS!

@Dragonspear‌ but that's what the barbarian is for

"Ulog walk forward. Ulog break box"
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    edited September 2014
    And if the Barbarian fails, your Dragon Disciple could cast Knock.
    Post edited by Fardragon on
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    It would be nice to try more than just one kit. After all a party can be made of 6 characters. But if solo, probably a ranger or a cleric kit, or maybe a wizard.
  • Gulthias_AmarsonGulthias_Amarson Member Posts: 28
    Djimmy said:

It would be nice to try more than just one kit. After all a party can be made of 6 characters. But if solo, probably a ranger or a cleric kit, or maybe a wizard.

I believe it's an engine limitation. And if it isn't, as much as I'd love to have a Kensai/Assassin, some things should not be released upon the world.

Not even in the dungeon delve that is IWD.
    edited September 2014
    @booinyoureyes‌

Ulong smert nuf nao. Flor haz lil sharpie thinks that hurt ulog. Ulog doesn't want go first no more