Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    deltago said:

Fresh from the feminism trope discussion, did you know every playable female NPC in the orginal BG2 needed to be rescued in the game:

Imoen: From spellhold
    Jaheira: From the attacking bandits
    Mazzy: From the shade lord
    Nalia: From her betrothed
    Aerie: From Kalah
    Viconia: From the fanatics looking to burn her.

Neera is probably a bit of an improvement in this regard. I mean in the sense that she has been fighting the Red Wizards for months. Even then though they do overwhelm the camp eventually.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    @dunbar thanks, genuinely made me crease up there, still laughing :D
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    edited October 2014
    elminster said:

Here is Volo's entry on Tethtoril

I think they should make all the rich background material from the original manual available to EE customers. I always liked to read in the manual and I think people new to the games would, too. :)
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208

Yes, I find that cursed scrolls of petrification are my preferred way to separate evil characters from my high rep good party, if I don't want them to leave the game permanently. They get stoned, your party goes to 5 people, and when you un-stone them they are neutral and stay where they are standing, regardless of the parties current rep.

They are also a less risky way of breaking up an NPC couple than sending one of them on a Basilisk hunt.
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    edited October 2014

Yes, I find that cursed scrolls of petrification are my preferred way to separate evil characters from my high rep good party, if I don't want them to leave the game permanently. They get stoned, your party goes to 5 people, and when you un-stone them they are neutral and stay where they are standing, regardless of the parties current rep.

They are also a less risky way of breaking up an NPC couple than sending one of them on a Basilisk hunt.
    ...and recoverable.

BTW, there are a bunch of them available in Lucky Aello's shop.

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    deltago said:

Does Keldorn? Not as much with the whole family business. The negligent father doesn't fit a mother's role and could be considered sexist the opposite way.

Not necessarily - society tends to take a harsher view towards negligent mothers than negligent fathers, so the idea of a woman who abandoned her children to serve her god as a paladin might have actually been the more compelling option (see: Samara from "Mass Effect").
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    bengoshi said:

ankheg said:

Actually it is true for most of the spells which are originally arcane. Including items, and innate spells too as far as I remember.

True, although one can use wands without such a consequence. Right? :P
    I don't know... never used a wand before. But then again wands have their own saving throws too. :)
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    I'm pretty sure that any item use that has a spellcasting animation counts as a spell to the Cowled Wizards, while an item's ability that just happens (such as ring of invisibility) does not.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    In the forward to the 2009 reprint of "Legend" by David Gemmell his widow writes of one of his reactions when the book was first published: "He hated the first paperback cover which, he said, looked like a hamster in armour".