Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Did you know that you don't gain any reputation for completing the Seven Suns quest if Jhasso dies?
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    @bengoshi

Ya those farmers should of killed her and saved her the pain of being burned at the stake. I personally find Viconia the least charming of all the NPCs. To me, Nalia has more charm.
  • CatoblepasCatoblepas Member Posts: 96
    @Ardul‌

Yeah, that was my first thought as well.

Sounds like it was a separate event. The second story doesn't make any mention of a wife either, among those killed according to the flaming fist fellow, which lends credence to them being separate events.

It's pretty interesting that there are hidden dialogues you can find by using charm though. I only stumbled across the one in Nalia's keep-I wonder how many others are out there to discover?
  • CatoblepasCatoblepas Member Posts: 96
    It sounds like Viconia took inspiration from the murder in BG I, and adapted it-aging the farmers children, removing the wife, and adding in mistreatment at the hands of the farmers to look tough while still looking like a victim. I hadn't noticed the sons age swap before, but that combined with the eerie similarities to the murders she apparently committed in BG I seem to make the truthfulness of her tale and her motives questionable.

Interesting. I haven't done any Viconia romance content for a long time because of the problematic 'Taming of the Shrew (or in this case, drow) vibes that it gave me, but it seems like I might have missed a few of the nuances of it. I might have to give it another go.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    bengoshi said:

If you cast DUHM, including as the Bhaalspawn ability, and make your CON 20 at least, and then rest, you will wake up fully fit. In this case, DUHM's effect will end only after your rest.

It still works in BGEE and BG2EE.

What a great surprise!
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    bengoshi said:

We all know that Shar-Teel's phrase "If it bleeds, I can kill it." is a reference to the movie "Predator" with Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Did you know Shar-Teel has another reference to Arnie?

She says (to Minsc): "You are such a funny man! That's why I'm going to kill you last.". It's a reference to John Matrix from the movie "Commando" (one of my favourites, by the way: "You're a funny guy, Sully. I like you. That's why I'm going to kill you last."

In Icewind Dale, Presio can say, "For your appreciation of the dark arts, I shall kill you last."
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

The Civic Festhall in Planescape: Torment. :-)

Makes sense. I've never played that game.