Skip to content

Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Announced! (Release Date: October 30, 2014)

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    And while @elminster‌ is working on the kit mod (could you expect less from the old wizard?), we all ... can start watching IWDEE videos :)

• BlackburnBlackburn Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2014
    Hmm... The Escapist is saying that there are ten days of Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition videos with Mark Meer coming. First was released today. Last one would come out on October 30th. So if we know that it releases AFTER October 25th, and they have a natural countdown of videos coming, I would guess that they intend to release on October 31st.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138132-Escapist-Exclusive-Icewind-Dale-Enhanced-Edition-Survival-Rules-Video
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Blackburn said:

Hmm... The Escapist is saying that there are ten days of Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition videos with Mark Meer coming. First was released today. Last one would come out on October 30th. So if we know that it releases AFTER October 25th, and they have a natural countdown of videos coming, I would guess that they intend to release on October 31st.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138132-Escapist-Exclusive-Icewind-Dale-Enhanced-Edition-Survival-Rules-Video

So that's what Mark Meer was doing in the studio! D:

But, uh, according to the article, the release date is October 30th...
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Minsc and Boo in hats and mittens!
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    There It is.
  • ArthandasArthandas Member Posts: 29
    Will the 30th October release be in a playable state or should we start stocking Raid?
  • j3cwillj3cwill Member Posts: 51
    Has anyone heard when the pre-load begins?
  • BlackburnBlackburn Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2014
    Probably on the 30th.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited October 2014
    @AlexT‌ So the game will be released on the 30th for all platforms?
    Post edited by _Luke_ on
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    edited October 2014
    @Arthandas‌
    I'm willing to bet it will even run in the cold ;)
  • KriegerKrieger Member Posts: 40
    That video was hilarious. Awesome delivery, and those facial expressions cracked me up. Can't wait to see the rest of them.
  • FRUTZKFRUTZK Member Posts: 18
    Thanks to all the devs and beta testers for all your hard work. Have been playing the soundtrack to get pumped up! Main theme is great, and Kuldahar theme was my wake up alarm for quite some time. First playthrough on core, then Insane + HoF...... cannot wait!
  • ShynShyn Member Posts: 73
    I find it kind of weird they have not updated icewinddale.com. Wouldn't you want all the world to know your game is releasing in 6 days!? The 'latest news' section is still the announcement from august 30th.