Skip to content

Which Kits are you excited to use in Icewind Dale?

Comments

• DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    edited October 2014
    @booinyoureyes‌

Actually if we want to be correct: by level 3 gain proficiency (one pip) in every weapon.

Remember that before Zaknafein and Drizzt focused on DW scimitars, he first had to learn every weapon in the Do'Urden armory.

Also, AT least, high mastery in longbows at this point
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308

For example: it would be hard to imagine a Temple of Auril located in Candlekeep!

A temple of Talos in Candlekeep is also pretty hard to imagine.
    for bg:ee i've always thought that it'd be cool if you'd only be able to create a non-kit character and gain a kit through the course of the campain by converting your class to that kit ... for example, you start out as generalist mage, visit a certain conjurer and study with him in order to become one etc etc.
    especially since the original game didn't have kits either.

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    CamDawg said:

I may have had a hand in the new kits.

Perhaps.

Maybe.

Would I be mistaken to assume that Cleric of Tyr is one of them then?
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    kcwise said:

I think there may very well be worshippers of evil deities at the keep or hidden (probably temporary) shrines somewhere in the catacombs beneath.

Tethtoril always looked shifty to me. First he just "accidentally" makes off with Master Firebead's Identify Scroll, then actually appears in two places at once on the map. He passes right by the four priests singing the "Lord of Murder shall parish" and doesn't bat an eye?

Perhaps Firebead Elvenhair was trying to warn us? "So hard to find... decent folk nowadays"
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875

kcwise said:

I think there may very well be worshippers of evil deities at the keep or hidden (probably temporary) shrines somewhere in the catacombs beneath.

Tethtoril always looked shifty to me. First he just "accidentally" makes off with Master Firebead's Identify Scroll, then actually appears in two places at once on the map. He passes right by the four priests singing the "Lord of Murder shall parish" and doesn't bat an eye?

Perhaps Firebead Elvenhair was trying to warn us? "So hard to find... decent folk nowadays"
    Yeh right, and we never landed on the sun either...wait a minute. O_O
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    What about Dreppin and his ever sick cow? Obviously something bad going on there, he's probably a worshipper of Talona, trying out poisons on the poor livestock!
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    kcwise said:

What about Dreppin and his ever sick cow? Obviously something bad going on there, he's probably a worshipper of Talona, trying out poisons on the poor livestock!

If Dreppin was secretly a worshipper of Talona, he wouldn't have asked you to find an antidote for the cow. From what I know, priests of Talona don't encourage the curing of diseases.

kcwise said:

If Dreppin was secretly a worshipper of Talona, he wouldn't have asked you to find an antidote for the cow. From what I know, priests of Talona don't encourage the curing of diseases.
    He could be a sadist and asked for the antidote just so he could poison the cow again.
    kcwise said:

Ah, but you didn't hear the dialog before the character meets him.

"Hahahaaaa! Now you shall die my little bovine victim. Once this poison is perfected I shall slay half the keep in honor of Talona!"
    "Moo?"
    "Beg all you want, I shan't show mercy to a four leg vegetarian!"
    "Moo."
    "Silence fool! It's imperative that no one suspect my experiment."
    "Hey Dreppin, what's up?"
    "WHA?! Er.. um.. yes, how are you char name... wait, no, I... Nessa's fine, dammit! Um..."
    "Dreppin?"
    "Phyldia left one of her books in here again. It's in the hay, there, beside the cow. If you could run it over to her and then come back, I've got some plans for you."
    "Sure thing."
    "Finally, the fool is gone. Now what am I to do?"
    "Moo."
    "Shut up! I'm trying to think. Has he noticed anything? Did he hear me talking to you? By the gods, who knew this could be so complicated!"
    "To hells with it, I'll have to abandon the plan. For now."
    "Moo."
    "Hush, here the fool comes again."
    "So, what do you need Dreppin? I'm on a bit of a schedule this morning."
    "Nice day, ain't it? Too bad Nessa here ain't enjoyin' it though, her bein' sick 'n all..."

"Moo."
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
  • SpungiSpungi Member Posts: 219
    Has to be some kind of cruel joke!
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    edited October 2014
    bengoshi said:
    But he did say "yet."

As in "yet."

As in, "not presently, but perhaps IN THE FUTURE!"
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    But still it completely changes my understanding of the whole situation. When I read the interview, I thought he for certain said about a few new kits that were not in BG2EE.

And I was completely, 101% sure @Dee‌ http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/555960/#Comment_555960 said about kits we had't seen yet.

Now, even with this "yet" it looks completely different. "Yet" may or may not become "Already" to the moment of IWDEE release. I've thought it's (I mean kits that ar not in BG2:EE) a done thing, a fact - while it turns out it's not certain.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    The Cleric of Tyr was "in" BG2EE. It was just limited to NPCs.
  • The_ReverendThe_Reverend Member Posts: 17
    Stalker. By far.

Stealth and backstab with fighter THAC0 and HP progression. Wouldn't run a party without one.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    I'm hoping @elminster included a Priest of Myrkul kit in his soon-to-be released kit mod.
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    bengoshi said:
    You should know better by now....:p
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2014
    Mortianna said:

I'm hoping @elminster included a Priest of Myrkul kit in his soon-to-be released kit mod.

Well you'll have to wait for the next 6ish days to see what I've done of course. I've tried to add a bit more variety to the list of available clerics if nothing else :)
  • FrogmanFrogman Member Posts: 153
    edited October 2014
    @elminster‌
    too.
    awesome.

Thanks so much for making cool kits, look forward to the details! Beamdog should hire you, imho

Does the Myrmidon (I think you have one D or "Dee" too many) get extra skill with spears and short swords? Because if this is Achilles-style Myrmidon's we are talking about then I will 100% have one in my first playthrough
  • Ancalagon44Ancalagon44 Member Posts: 252
    Can you post some more details on the kits? Especially the fighter kit. What advantages and disadvantages does it have?
    edited October 2014
    I amend my earlier statements. I really look forward to playing:
    Myrmidon
    Tunnelrat (though the only background I found said that it was usable by Gnomes, not just halflings)
    Undead Hunter/any of Elminster's paladin kits
    Hivemaster
    Skald
    Dragon Disciple

and most of all the Battleguard of Tempus that is new to the IWD:EE games
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2014

Can you post some more details on the kits? Especially the fighter kit. What advantages and disadvantages does it have?

I'm working on a thread that will detail the kits. If I'm not able to get the mod out on the 30th then at the very least I will be posting that (on the 30th).

@booinyoureyes as far as I know its only halflings that get it. At least its just found in the halflings kit section of the Complete Guide to Gnomes and Halflings (and not the gnome kit portion). Gnomes do have the Goblinsticker, which looks similar in a number of ways. Anyways even if gnomes could access the Tunnelrat they won't at the moment with my mod because of its biography (it could work with a gnome but it is easier to explain with a halfling).
    Post edited by elminster on
  • ShynShyn Member Posts: 73
    edited October 2014
    I forgot where, but I remember the tunnelrat being available to any "subterranian dwelling race". So by that logic Gnomes and Dwarves would be fair game.

But I forgot where I read that exactly so I cant provide a source.