Skip to content

IWD:EE Pre-Load Starts October 29!

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
edited October 2014 in Archived News

Preloading for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition begins October 29, 2014!

Update: Preloading has begun!

With the release of Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition only a few short days away, the excitement is buzzing around the Beamdog offices. Tomorrow we will begin preloading for Windows and Mac, where players who preordered the game through Beamdog will be able to install most of the game's files in anticipation of the game's release on Thursday.

In addition, we know players are chomping at the bit for more information about what makes this game so wonderful, so we've drawn up this short document to give you an overview of the exciting features you can expect to see in Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition. Give it a look:

This project has been a thrill for our team to develop, and we can't wait for you to get your hands on it. If you haven't already preordered your copy, you can do so now from the Beamdog website, or wait until Thursday to buy your copy from Steam, GOG, or Google Play.

Stay warm out there.
Post edited by Dee on
KloroxkaguanaGloomfrostCuvFrogmanJuliusBorisovelminsterjackjackBoracronaldoStratosjGemHoundKavainVarwulfCluasNonnahswriterlolienlaptopman666AnduinCrossfire876JLeeXavantHaHaCharadeCoryNewbspacejawsNecdilzorJonelethIrenicus

Comments

• kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Nice! I hope you all take a break and down a few mugs of frosty Icewind Ale to celebrate!
    JuliusBorisovelminsterlolienAnduin
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I only have one little fabvor to ask for this community in general. Could you, like few days/week after release day, write some reviews here on the forums? I'm interested if there is point to buying this for someone who wasn't big fan of the originals.
    kcwise
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    Time for dumb question: I would like to download the game and decide where I want to put it (i.e. not use the client - I think). How do I go about that (forgot how to since BGIIEE). Ps. It's 2 pm here! When does it start? :D
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    You can use the client, and set a custom path.
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    Is pre-loading only available to windows users?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Windows and Mac.
    lolienAnduin
  • Krog81Krog81 Member Posts: 15
    where can I find the mac client to download IWDEE?
    I'll need to check to make sure, but I believe there will be a link to the installer on the game's main page, along side the installer for Windows.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • Krog81Krog81 Member Posts: 15
    Thanks for the quick answer and all the work you've done for bgee bg2ee and now for iwdee... you guys.. are great!
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    Owwwwwww that looks like a White Dragon Diciple on the cover of that manual.
    lolien
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    @MrSexton said:

Time for dumb question: I would like to download the game and decide where I want to put it (i.e. not use the client - I think). How do I go about that (forgot how to since BGIIEE). Ps. It's 2 pm here! When does it start? :D

If you download it directly from the Beamdog website instead of by the client you download the installer itself and therefore a bit more control over what goes where.
    MrSexton
  • DragonRiderDragonRider Member Posts: 43
    How do I start the pre-load process? In the Beamdog Client, it still states "Getting download info" and has a circle with a line through it where the download button should be for IWD:EE. I logged into Beamdog's website and went to the IWD:EE page but I do not see a download or a pre-load button. The only buttons I have are to pre-order (which I did several weeks ago), go to the forums, or download the Beamdog Client.

I re-read Dee's post that announced the pre-loading starts today, but did not see any mention of a start time for the pre-load. Am I just too early for the pre-load or am I doing something wrong/not looking in the right place? Please help.

Thank you,
    ~DagonRider
  • moskitoprmoskitopr Member Posts: 7
    Where I download for mac OS preload?
    Krog81
  • AnomalyAnomaly Member Posts: 62
    I do believe preloading is not possible yet. You would have a link on the game page if it was.
  • laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283
    Nice little introduction manual there :) also looking forward to the preload :)
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    Common! It's lite 7 pm here now! :D
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Hey... quick question. Are all these other games on the "Beamdog Client" also made by Beamdog?

Image below
    SCARY_WIZARDkaguana
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    Swashbuckler was the first kit mentioned in the document. I approve completely. ;)
    JuliusBorisov
    edited October 2014
    We're checking off final items on this end; the preload will begin as soon as everything's in order, although it may take a while. Our apologies to those for whom it's already Wednesday!

(Note: the items mentioned above have to do with pushing buttons; the game itself is solid.)
    elminsterkaguanalolienSjerrie
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Dee said:

We're checking off final items on this end; the preload will begin as soon as everything's in order, although it may take a while. Our apologies to those for whom it's already Wednesday!

(Note: the items mentioned above have to do with pushing buttons; the game itself is solid.)

Awesome
    Don't worry about the time it's only 14:00 for Beamdog so that's understandable, besides I still have to figure out how to kill ascension Melissan
    CuvlolienAedan
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Mwhahahaaha!

Soon it will begin!

The sacred ointments will be placed on the servers...

A small rodent will be sacrificed (preferably a squirrel, but a hamster will do in a pinch...)

And we shall all download... TOGETHER !

May your internet connection forever be stable...
    kaguanaThacoBellrufus_hobartJuliusBorisov
  • BladesBlades Member Posts: 167
    Getting a "warning" when trying to download the Beamdog Client. It says the "signature of this program is corrupt or invalid". After receiving that message, I am not giving the option of downloading.... ugh....frustrating.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Blades said:

Getting a "warning" when trying to download the Beamdog Client. It says the "signature of this program is corrupt or invalid". After receiving that message, I am not giving the option of downloading.... ugh....frustrating.

weird it was fine at about 14:00 GMT for me earlier on
    lolien
This discussion has been closed.