Skip to content

General questions. IWD for newbies and semiprofs

Comments

• RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    mewp12 said:

I finally figured it out but it was a pain.

After 2 days? The perils are just starting.

• marmosetmarmoset Member Posts: 2
    Is it possible to change out a character I don't like with an Android phone? I don't like this premade mage and want to replace her with my own rolled character. Can that be done after the game's started?
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Anything is doable. But I believe the complexities involved would just make a plain restart much more easier to accomplish and desirable.

So no. It cannot be done after the game has been started.
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    I heard somewhere on the forums that you should avoid two-handed weapons in IWD. I want to know if they were lying dirty rats, or if they're right. And if so, why?
  • KathyPW11KathyPW11 Member Posts: 8
    I have finished Kresselack's Tomb in the Vale of Shadows, but I can't find the priestess chick. And, worse, really, is I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do after my thorough check back in Kuldahar. There is no indication of what's next for my heroes. Help!!
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    Elrandir said:

I heard somewhere on the forums that you should avoid two-handed weapons in IWD. I want to know if they were lying dirty rats, or if they're right. And if so, why?

I remember it as well. It's mostly recommended, because there are not too many great options for 2H weapons and they are not really much stronger than 1H weapons.
    KathyPW11 said:

I have finished Kresselack's Tomb in the Vale of Shadows, but I can't find the priestess chick. And, worse, really, is I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do after my thorough check back in Kuldahar. There is no indication of what's next for my heroes. Help!!

Did you talk with everyone in the inn? Did you find the cave in Vale of Shadows?
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    The main reason to use 2h weapons is for the extra reach. There are certainly sufficient decent ones. I would duel wield on your main melee damage dealer, and possibly main tank, but they are good for ranged and support characters who might want to stand on the second row. It's worth noting that axe proficency gives you access to 2h, 1h and throwing weapons.

Having said that, I currently have a berserker with GM in spears. Whilst not "optimal" the game isn't so difficult that it matters.
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,150
    KathyPW11 said:

Look for the priestess where you found yetis. Then talk to Kressilik, then back to Kuldahar and talk to the inn keeper and Arundel.
    Bengoshi said:

Did you talk with everyone in the inn? Did you find the cave in Vale of Shadows?

As far as I know, yes, I have spoken with everyone at the inn. And yes, I cleared out all the tombs /caves in the Vale of Shadows. I've spoken with Kresselack and gotten the charge from him, but can't find the Priestess anywhere, not in Kuldahar or in the Vale of Shadows, or even back to the pass. I believe I am stuck! ;-(

• TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    KathyPW11 said:

As far as I know, yes, I have spoken with everyone at the inn. And yes, I cleared out all the tombs /caves in the Vale of Shadows. I've spoken with Kresselack and gotten the charge from him, but can't find the Priestess anywhere, not in Kuldahar or in the Vale of Shadows, or even back to the pass. I believe I am stuck! ;-(

Like BelgarathMTH posted, you need to make sure you actually accept Kresselack's request to deal with the priestess.

After that, she spawns in the Yeti cave.

You'll find her here.

I did get the mission from Kresselack and I looked in the cave. It's empty. I cleared it out before going to Kresselack's tomb. Knowing that Kresselack's tomb was the "big bad" of the level, I did everything else first.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    KathyPW11 said:

I did get the mission from Kresselack and I looked in the cave. It's empty. I cleared it out before going to Kresselack's tomb. Knowing that Kresselack's tomb was the "big bad" of the level, I did everything else first.

Go and speak to him again. It makes no difference if you cleared the cave out previousy since the person you have to kill doesn't spawn until you select the right conversation option.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I usually clear out the cave before going to see Kresselack. The priestess will indeed be in there after you talk to him and tell him you'll take care of his problem. She will be in the back of the cave nearby the boxes.

I just checked in with Kresselack (again), but he just asks me if I'm going after the priestess. There is no alternate conversation. And when I come out of his tomb and check out the Yeti Cave, it's still empty.

This is really frustrating. It looks like I'm going to have to start the whole game over again. What... the... hell!

Thanks for trying to help!
    KathyPW11 said:

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Try spawning Lysan in the cave with a console CreateCreature("Lysan").

It looks like you have a bug very similar to this: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=25599&page=4 It's strange @KathyPW11‌ but still maybe the portions provided in that discussion can help you as well
  • CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
    Hey guys I have a question: Am I the only one, who really miss the "Guard" button from the original? It was such an awesome function... (It has been reported in the beta, so hopefully it will get added somehow)
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    Quite probably the only one =P
    Personally I have never used it =]
    Shikao said:

I'm used to use it all the time... It is actually very useful :smiley:
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    What exactly does it do? There's no explanation anywhere.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    edited December 2014
    Cluas said:

Shikao said:

I'm used to use it all the time... It is actually very useful :smiley:
    Elrandir said:

@Elandir as far as I remember it makes a character follow another character closely (green or blue, maybe even red) and attack any enemy it meets. For instance, I often used it to draw attention away from moving civilians that I wanted to keep alive.

Of course, that doesn't help when the enemy starts fireballing you... #fireballin
    Elrandir said:

jackjack said:

Apparently, the Guard button can also be used to defend a specific spot, not just a character. Very useful for a tank.

Yes, a tank or the whole party- They stay in one spot and fight. No more running after fleeing monsters :)
  • roachtbproachtbp Member Posts: 42
    edited December 2014
    Super noob question here:

How do you access Trials of the Luremaster??? I just downloaded the game and I only see the main game and Heart of Winter on the main screen. I don't plan to start with Trials of the Luremaster, but I just want to know where/how/when it is accessible.

Thanks
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,150
    Trial of the Luremaster is available from a character you meet during Heart of Winter. It is a detour that will take you out of the other adventure for a few days.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    atcDave said:

Trial of the Luremaster is available from a character you meet during Heart of Winter. It is a detour that will take you out of the other adventure for a few days.

Or more than a few days.