Skip to content

What does your name mean?

13»

Comments

• CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    @bengoshi‌ Aww thanks! High praise indeed from yourself!! :)
    I've been really busy lately with a great many different projects and the lead up to Christmas but I should be free soon, I'd love to come back! :)

@lolien‌ Damn it, busted. :P Cute was taken. :(
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @CaloNord‌

Glad to hear from you. I hope those projects will come good :) I think many of forumites will be hear near Christmas.

To stay on topic, I summon @Aedan‌ , our italian review translator, to explain his name.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @bengoshi‌
    I have already explained the meaning in the first page of this thread :)
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    I wonder how @TrentOster‌ picked his name? XD
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    CoryNewb said:

@KidCarnival‌ you are up! What does you name mean???

What is this, /r/askreddit?
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330

CoryNewb said:

I hadn't seen you post in the thread and called you to the floor to tell a tale ahd indulge us.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited November 2014
    Heh, I actually pride myself on making up original names for my imagined characters. I can even make up dragon names. Xzarloxara is one such name. I gave it to a green dragon priest who started out worshiping Tiamat but when he was defeated by a gold dragon (named Niahlah) he lost his faith and was abandoned by Tiamat. After much consideration he decided to convert to Bahamut and now he is a neighbor and friend of Niahlah and her mate Clayzor Mysticscale (another gold dragon). Eventually I am going to write in a daughter for Clazor and Niahlah who will be named Otseriatsaraquri but I haven't gotten around to that yet... Anyway, that is where I got my forum name from.

Wait... What? My name isn't Xzarloxara?!

How about the first friend I made on the forums? Where did you get your name @Shandyr‌?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026

CoryNewb said:

@KidCarnival AMA :D
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Southpaw said:

CoryNewb said:

@KidCarnival AMA :D
    "IAMA Beholder Paladin, by Helm, AMA!"
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Mine is the Celtic sun god, I picked it up after reading Asterix & Obelix cartoons. At the time I was a musician and didn't think my real name had much of a ring to it, so I came up with Belanos Crusoe to use as a stage name. I gave up on the musical career but that handle has stuck with me, at least the first part. I've used it on numerous forums over the years. Occasionally I'll come across a forum where someone has beat me to the name, so I have to come up with something else. It doesn't happen very often though.

It started on msn messegner and went downhill from there. :neutral_face:

@Kamigoroshi‌
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    Mine means I'm an Elf.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Shandyr said:

elminster said:

I would pronounce it like Shan-Deer. So like Shhh (as in you are in the library so be quiet) - an (as in the word "an") and Deer (like the animal).

I suppose you could say "dear" instead of "deer", you know because I'm so dear (I hope :P )
    "Shan, The Dear" what a great name

But I must admit "Shan, The Deer" fits me very well as I'm shy like a deer in real life

Shan-image
    How do you pronounce it?
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I got my name from a certain Japanese visual novel franchise. The rough translation of 神殺し (pronounced as kami-koroshi) would be "God Slayer". As one might guess it is a title for somone who has killed a god or goddess.