Skip to content

Brace yourself, a new year is coming... And so...

O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
... do you have any strong resolutions for this new year?

As for me, I think I have a few.
1. Lose some weight. No. Maybe not some. Like, 10 kilos at minimum.
2. Work on my stamina, constitution or rather general fitness. These two points are because I remember feeling more comfortable in my own body, when it was lighter and more fit.
3. Improve enought in digital art so that I could start doing cheap commissions. And of course, making people want commission me in the first place.
4. Go out with my friends more.
5. Start talking to girls more. Otherwise forever alone guaranteed.
6. Start my internship in coaching company or something along these lines.

That's for me. What are yours?

Comments

• O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    What I typed might appear funny, but really all I wrote is duable.
    Point 1 are 2 I'm doing for some time. Losing 1 Kg/month is not a big deal, for all I know. Losing 10 in 12 month is even easier.
    4 is not big problem also.
    As for 3, I'm working on it for months.
    5 is actually the only difficult thing, but many people won't even understand that.
    6 is obligatorary to me anywas. All I have to do is to choose the right place for internship.

Laugh all you want people. We all know I will be laughing at the end :).
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @O_Bruce I think #1 is quite difficult, but yes, doable. I'm also working on #1-2 to get back into martial arts. Surprisingly, after quitting your physical hobbies, you tend to gain weight and lose stamina.
    @FinneousPJ‌
    Yes, that's true. The very reason I have to lose weight is because I gained it a lot after quitting (probably forever) martial arts, while not changing my eating habits afterwards.
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    I think I am going to buy a pair of braces ....
  • badbromancebadbromance Member Posts: 238
    I'm not setting myself up to fail so no resolutions for me.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Good luck Ben.

I really thought this was going to be a krampus thread....

I don't have any resolutions for 2015! Cheers!
  • ShadowHunterShadowHunter Member Posts: 143
    the same stuff I say I'll do every year and never end up doing ... working out , become more social etc. Ain't nobody got time for that :
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @Bengoshi I wish your plans will come to a success. The whole Eastern European region is on edge because of what is going on in your country right now. I hope you will move to some...warmer place:)
  • dementeddemented Member Posts: 388
    edited December 2014
    I have certain things that I want to accomplish next year, but I don't consider them resolutions. I don't think it's a good idea to use celebratory events as a catalyst for your goals. I find that you end up doing it on impulse or you feel pressured either by others or your own inner critic to make changes. And because it isn't a planned commitment to achieve something important, you fail.

Of course that's just my experience, maybe it can start someone on the road to something great.

@Shikao‌ Thank you, and good look for you too :)

@demented‌ Truth to be told, "new" and "old" year are nothing more but mental constructs. They don't really exist. Naturaly, I'm aware of what are you saying. I'm just using certain day as a mark to oficially start the challenge I have prepared for myself. And the "end of the year" is merely point in which I would be able to answer one simple quesiton: how much of my challenge I managed to finish?
    You forgot to stop the Enclave.