Skip to content

BG1NPC for BGEE Prerelease - UPDATE v21-PR_20150131

Comments

• Zaarin_2003Zaarin_2003 Member Posts: 33

@Cahir - The journal issues are hopefully resolved. I found the journal entries and added the ADD_JOURNAL commands for BGEE as necessary. I also cleaned up some of the BG1NPC journal entry handling (i.e., quests that left journal entries open). So, it should be good for a playthrough.

Please report any issues you note here or at G3. Of course, if a journal entry is missing, you probably won't realize it. :wink:

As for an official release, I gotta check with The Powers That Be at G3. :smile:

That sounds promising! :smiley: I've been waiting since this was released for the NPC project to play it!
    CrevsDaakWillyML4lolien
  • ElzarathElzarath Member Posts: 173
    Was just about to mention the Coran - Succubus thing as I just encountered it but it's already covered I see!
    jackjackAstroBryGuy
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Elzarath said:

Was just about to mention the Coran - Succubus thing as I just encountered it but it's already covered I see!

@Elzarath - Is your issue the same as @kamuizin‌'s?

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/580399/#Comment_580399

If it's a different issue, please report it.
    Stradlin
  • Jeulz95Jeulz95 Member Posts: 10
    I'm playing the game in French. In the setup I chose French but the new banter (ex when Imoen sees Gorion's body) is still in English. I posted a thread on this on the main boards but can anyone help me out?
    jackjacklolien

Jeulz95 said:

I'm playing the game in French. In the setup I chose French but the new banter (ex when Imoen sees Gorion's body) is still in English. I posted a thread on this on the main boards but can anyone help me out?

The first time you install a mod, you make two language choices. The first tells the mod installer which language you are using for BGEE (this will be remembered for future installs of other mods). The second is which language to use for the mod's text. Based on your other post, it sounds like you picked French for the former and English for the latter.

You'll need to uninstall and reinstall the mod, choosing French for the mod text.
    Thanks for the reply @AstroBryGuy‌

When I try to re-install this mod, it does not allow me to change the language choice. Do I have to re-install the game or is there another way around this?
    @Jeulz95‌ - you need to uninstall the mod first.

Run 'setup-bg1npc --uninstall' to uninstall the mod then re-install the mod.
    jackjacklolien
    edited December 2014

@Jeulz95‌ - you need to uninstall the mod first.

Run 'setup-bg1npc --uninstall' to uninstall the mod then re-install the mod.

I'm not sure what I'm missing here ahah. I don't see an "uninstall" option.

Here is a screenshot of my main directory

@Jeulz95‌ - that's a command line option. You should be able to run setup-bg1npc and just choose to uninstall all components.
    Jeulz95jackjacklolien

@Jeulz95‌ - that's a command line option. You should be able to run setup-bg1npc and just choose to uninstall all components.

Finally got it to work! Merci beaucoup @AstroBryGuy‌ !
    AstroBryGuyjackjackkaguanalolien
  • RyrokRyrok Member Posts: 5
    A couple minor bug reports:

I installed this on OS X and it seemed to work great, but I do have the "Continue/End Dialogue" button turn up blank frequently.

I noticed that text in the tooltips is frequently misaligned (unsure if that's a BG:EE thing or an issue with this mod--I'm coming from the iPad, so there were no tooltips)

Lastly, and I don't know if this is an issue with bg2_tweaks or this mod, but I installed some of the Joinable NPC Tweaks modules (Consistent Stats, ToB NPCs, Adjust Evil joinable NPC reaction rolls) after this mod, noticed that Jaheira still had 14 DEX, so I uninstalled both mods and reinstalled them in opposite order, and when I did, the game crashed on startup.
    Ryrok said:

A couple minor bug reports:

I installed this on OS X and it seemed to work great, but I do have the "Continue/End Dialogue" button turn up blank frequently.

I noticed that text in the tooltips is frequently misaligned (unsure if that's a BG:EE thing or an issue with this mod--I'm coming from the iPad, so there were no tooltips)

Lastly, and I don't know if this is an issue with bg2_tweaks or this mod, but I installed some of the Joinable NPC Tweaks modules (Consistent Stats, ToB NPCs, Adjust Evil joinable NPC reaction rolls) after this mod, noticed that Jaheira still had 14 DEX, so I uninstalled both mods and reinstalled them in opposite order, and when I did, the game crashed on startup.

The blank continue dialog button is a known BG:EE issue.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/34164/known-8044-blank-continue-button-for-some-dialogs-when-recruiting-dorn-il-khan

The tooltip issue is apparently a BGEE issue, not the mod.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/37638/tooltips-cut-off-on-mac#latest

The only time BG1NPC touches JAHEIR[X].CRE is if you change her portrait. So, it sounds like the initial problem was the BG2 Tweaks install. BG2 Tweaks should be installed after BG1NPC.
    jackjackkaguanaStradlinlolien
  • AsthnerAsthner Member Posts: 83
    I’ve got a problem with recruiting Garrick. My guess is it has something to do with this mod… But that's mostly a gut feeling, so sorry if I took to the wrong thread.

The situation is that I’m doing a fast playthrough to have some fun and test a couple of mods (hence my main character is an ultimate tank, to make things run smoothly). I just killed Silke and took the reward from the guys I saved from her. After this I intended to talk to Garrick, recruit him (ditching Xzar and Monty), than take Neera. But I can't talk to Garrick. Well, I can, but he doesn't respond at all, no dialogue box whatsoever.

I’m attaching my weidu.log and my save in case it’s of any help. :)

edited January 2015
    The problem is that the variable TalkedToGarrick did not get set to a value of 2. I checked SILKE.DLG on a modded-install and the command to set the variable is present. I don't know if another mod you have installed removed it (I can't see why that would be done) or if the command was just skipped for some reason.

You can enter the following command at the CLUAConsole and Garrick should talk to you:
    C:SetGlobal("TalkedToGarrick","GLOBAL",2)
    EDIT: Can you send me a save before the Silke fight? That way, I can test the dialog branches.
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
    Asthner
    I can’t, unfortunately. I prune my saves quite aggressively and I think I only had a quick-save before the Silke fight, which’s got overwritten since then.

I tried starting a new game and running to Beregost just to do that fight, but this time it concluded without any bugs. I have a save game for this attempt, but – as I said – each time I do the fight with it, Garrick joins the team just fine.

I was wandering, perhaps there’s some conflict with SCS and its component for precasting spells for enemy mages. Could it somehow interrupt setting the TalkedToGarrick variable?

I also had a random bug with Jaheira turning into a lycanthrope and attacking me (she’s not even able to shapeshift officially). But I couldn’t reproduce that and I’m pretty sure SCS is to blame there. ;p
    I'd just chalk up the Garrick issue to a one-time glitch if it can't be reproduced.

As for Jaheira, did it happen in a dialog with an NPC? It could be an action being incorrectly transferred during an interjection in a dialog. If so, who were you in a dialog with at the time?
    edited January 2015
    No, nothing in a dialogue. I just sent my party across Beregost and suddenly the battle music started. I quickly scrolled back to the party, I had all of a sudden only five people in it and was being attacked by a lycanthrope. I THINK Jaheira disappeared from my list, but I just got irritated and reloaded without much investigating.

Something similar happened several months ago, during an earlier playthorugh. I had BGTweaks, SCS and TeamBG’s shopkeepers in the Friendly Arm Inn installed, nothing more. While trudging through the FAI map I heard sounds of fighting behind the walls (I was outside). If I remember correctly, one of the shopkeepers shapeshifted and went on a rampage. It was a long time ago, can’t recall the details.

But – definitely nothing to do with NPC Project. :)
    AstroBryGuyjackjack
    Heh… Another day, another bug. :)

This time I can't recruit Minsc back once I sent him to wait at the Friendly Arm Inn. I’m guessing some variable hadn’t got set when I refitted the party. Only, which one would that be? :)

I think it should have something to do with the component responsible for NPCs waiting at taverns. It bugged out once already, only I forgot about it. Montaron doesn’t offer the option to wait in Nashkel with Xzar, and so he stands where I last left him. I don’t have any need for the halfling so I forgot about the matter. ;p It might be some kind of glitch connected with the “Allow NPCs to separate” SCS component, as I used it once on Xzar and Monty before finally ditching both of them (when the “wait at inns” component didn’t work for Montaron).

But I have plans for Minsc so I’d be quite glad if someone could help me with this. :)

Attachments: weidu.log (no changes since last time) and the saved game.
    edited January 2015
    Asthner said:

Heh… Another day, another bug. :)

This time I can't recruit Minsc back once I sent him to wait at the Friendly Arm Inn. I’m guessing some variable hadn’t got set when I refitted the party. Only, which one would that be? :)

I think it should have something to do with the component responsible for NPCs waiting at taverns. It bugged out once already, only I forgot about it. Montaron doesn’t offer the option to wait in Nashkel with Xzar, and so he stands where I last left him. I don’t have any need for the halfling so I forgot about the matter. ;p It might be some kind of glitch connected with the “Allow NPCs to separate” SCS component, as I used it once on Xzar and Monty before finally ditching both of them (when the “wait at inns” component didn’t work for Montaron).

But I have plans for Minsc so I’d be quite glad if someone could help me with this. :)

Attachments: weidu.log (no changes since last time) and the saved game.

It's a bug with SCS. http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26578

Unless you want to remove that SCS component, about the only thing you can do is Ctrl+Q Minsc into the party. Just hover the mouse point over Minsc and press Ctrl+Q.

http://gibberlings3.net/iesdp/appendices/clua/bgee.htm
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
    jackjackAsthnerlolien
    edited January 2015
    So it’s uninstalling the SCS component at fault then. It was more of a convenience thing anyway. :)

Though it puzzles me why your fix didn’t make it into the unofficial SCS bugfixes. I didn’t expect to encounter this. Thanks a lot! :)
    Post edited by Asthner on
    AstroBryGuy
    Yay, I think I finally have a bug report directly concerning the NPC Project. :) At least I hope it is. ;p

So: the component allowing NPCs to be sent away to wait at inns doesn’t work for Montaron. Earlier I thought it had something to do with SCS and it’s component for separating NPC pairs, but I’ve uninstalled that one since then. Now I took Xzar and Monty into the team to see if they had any content for the Basillus fight and afterwards I wanted to send them away.
    If I removed only Montaron, he talked to me (although he had his lines as if I was talking to him for recruiting him again –, you know, the “I thought you’d come by here” talk), took Xzar out of the team and stayed put without any further dialogue.
    By removing Xzar I got the option of sending them both to Nashkel.
    By removing both Xzar and Montaron, if Montaron was the closer of the two, I got his separation dialogue.

So, I think there’s something wrong with triggers concerning removing only Monty from the team. :)

Btw, on a totally separate note – is there any way to contribute to the Polish translation of the mod’s text, save for noting mistakes ingame or scourging through the files via NearInfinity? I noticed some minor typos here and there, but it would be the most convenient to be able to just read through a whole block of texts if I were to do some proofreading. ;)
    jackjack
    Monty's "KICKEDOUT" variable is set to "1" even though he's in the party. Actually, it wasn't BG1NPC's contributions to the P-dialog, but the vanilla state that was not setting the state back to 0 on the "other" NPC when a pair is re-recruited. So, if you talked to Xzar to recruit him, his KickedOut variable would be set to 0, while Monty's would stay 1.

I'll add some code to fix the P-dialog states. In the meantime, you can add Monty back into the party when he talks to you and his KickedOut variable should be reset correctly. So, drop him, accept him "back" when he talks to you, and then drop him again.
    jackjackkaguanaAsthner
  • CuChulainnCuChulainn Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2015
    Hi Astro,

I'm using v.20 of the mod (d/l'ed it a couple months ago I guess) and am enjoying the content so far, particularly the Xan Romance (kudos to Domi, Kulyok and the others on it). Problem is, the LoveTalks seem to have stalled out partway through Chapter 5 and now all I hear from Xan are his timed flirts.

According to the PID interface, I'm definitely in the active phase of the romance-the three most recent LTs being the candlelit night, the foreshadowing dream, and the flying excursion at dawn. I've tried fiddling with the in game timers via CLUA and EEkeeper, as well as the old chestnut of just letting the bloody game sit till the next one should trigger...

and nada.

According to EEkeeper, the variables it freezes at are:

X#XALOVETALK 51
    X#XALOVETALKTIME 1339340

I've considered installing the updated version of your mod to see if that fixes it (though I'd admit I'm a tad rusty on how to do that--I forget if it requires uninstalling the older version then running SETUP on the newer).

My WEIDU log is attached as well. Hope it will help.

And sorry for the long post. I'd love to continue playing with the team's awesome work :)
    Post edited by CuChulainn on
    lolien
    @CuChulainn‌ - Nothing is wrong. "X#XALOVETALK 51" means you've had LoveTalk 25. That's the last of the timed love talks. There are a couple more "floater" love talks, but they are tied to certain chapters (i.e. Chapters 6 & 7).
    jackjacklolien
  • CuChulainnCuChulainn Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2015
    Hm. That's what I thought; but when I moved on to Chapter 6 with the file, none of the Candlekeep talks (listed as LT 22-25 on the PDF guide http://www.gibberlings3.net/readmes/bg1npc_docs/bg1npc_romance_guide.pdf) triggered when I entered the Keep, did quests, or read Gorion's letter.

Is there another trigger that I need to hit in Chapter 6 before those "floater" talks begin?
    The first floater should trigger upon entering the Keep. These variables control the first talk. Can you check them?

C:GetGlobal("X#XAFloatTalk2","GLOBAL")
    C:GetGlobal("Chapter","GLOBAL")
    C:GetGlobal("X#GainedEntryCandlekeep","GLOBAL")
    C:GetGlobal("X#XARomanceInactive","GLOBAL")
    C:GetGlobal("X#XARomanceActive","GLOBAL")
This discussion has been closed.