Skip to content

Custom PC & NPC Portraits

Comments

• DullSkullTheSecondDullSkullTheSecond Member Posts: 243

@DullSkullTheSecond‌

I really liked the druid one, so I made it into portrait format :smiley: ... Luckily it was easy thanks to the image being fairly cropped already; only one I had to work on was the small one:

I uploaded the medium size portrait since I like a really close up shot for the small one. Wanted to give you guys something to crop to your liking :stuck_out_tongue:

There actually is a bigger version out there but the first thing I did was crop away the signature. Really wish I had saved the original so I could give credit to the creator, it's very well done.

I have another nice druid portrait(fan art of poison ivy, batman villain) that I like but there is two tons of cleavage so skipped it.
    JuliusBorisovRavenslight
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Is that Boromir or Ned Stark?
  • The_VityazThe_Vityaz Member Posts: 22
    edited December 2014
    Neither. It's Richard Sharpe of the 95th Rifles and the South Essex. :)
    Post edited by The_Vityaz on
    OxvajackjackRavenslightlolien
    @astafas Very detailed and the different eye colors looks amazing! Does not seem to match the BG style though, a bit to sharp(clip art like) in some places and a bit inconsistent in detail. The face looks amazing and crisp but the hair has a painted style to it and the robe looks out of focus and blurry. The spider pops a bit to much off the robe, maybe make it lighter and crease it in some places to follow the fabric? There also seems to be a light/shadow issue with the robe vs the head. On the robe it looks like the light source comes from the upper left corner while the light comes from the upper right side on the head? Another thing I noticed is that his lower lip has some beard texture on it?

So to sum the critique: Some edges(especially the hair) is very sharp which pushes the style away from BG(smooth painted/photo manipulation style), the face crispness vs robe blurriness, the spider pops a bit to much and there is some shadow issues.

The big +: The image of this guy is very cool(grey/silver hair with two vibrant eye colors), skin texture is cool(though the nose seems to have suffered some minor burn injury?), the background gives off a very sweet magical/mystic aura and I like it a lot, his posture makes him look strong, confident and relaxed something really missing among the BG portraits(most look mad/angry!) and a rare trait when combined with personality among portraits in general.

So the verdict is very nice! There are some issues (that you probably could fix) I see but if you don't mind them that is up to you. And finally I think this is probably the best portraits you have uploaded here and it has been fun seeing your portraits improve!
    AstafaslolienJuliusBorisov
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    @DullSkullTheSecond‌ Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it! :-)

Actually, when you downsize it to 210 x 330 pixels, most of what you mention fall into place. And I only aim for BG2 style, where I think I'm at least close (see below). The robe no longer looks blurred and the hair [i]should[/i] be more painted than the rest.

The lips were actually just a bit dry when the photo was taken (necromancy is very demanding, you know).

You're absolutely right about the light. That's what you get when using different sources, and I'm not good enough to change it. So I'll have to explain it with multiple light sources. ;-)

DullSkullTheSecondlolienRavenslight
  • RohndilRohndil Member Posts: 171
    edited January 2015
    Hi.

I'm looking for an old portrait which I used back in the days. It was a blonde man holding a black blade (slightly curved) over his head, elegantly dressed in black (with some yellow/gold). I believe it was a cover illustration from an old fantasy book, but I can't recall the title. Any hints appreciated.

EDIT:

Behold the power of google!

Here & here the picture in good quality, for whoever feels like cropping and using it.
    Post edited by Rohndil on
    lolien
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited January 2015
    @Rohndil

Unfortunately, those photos are too low resolution to be of practical use as PC portraits.

Commercial Photography
  • RohndilRohndil Member Posts: 171

@Rohndil

Unfortunately, those photos are too low resolution to be of practical use as PC portraits.

Yes, they're not ideal. This is the best I managed with Paint and my zero skills:

The artist is Michael Whelan
    lolienJuliusBorisovRavenslightlunar
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    I found an amazing rogue portrait on the old BG Ironworks forums. I have no knowledge of things required to resize it to look right, however.

jackjacklolienJuliusBorisovRavenslight
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875

BanArd said:

Another one from The Witcher series: Dandelion, the spy bard! :smiley:

Nice hat!
    It's free! All you need is a newspaper and some folding skills.
    RavenslightDullSkullTheSecondlolienjackjack
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Sweet, thanks!
    lolienJuliusBorisovRavenslight
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    After 18 pages I can say that this thread has shown me both the most awesome and horrifying portraits I've ever seen.
    lolienjackjackJuliusBorisovJairyanna
  • IxilIxil Member Posts: 8
    Been loving this all the posts and comments, and I'd like to ask, is it possible to baldurize the photo (I'd like to use for Sarevok)...

lolienFina92DullSkullTheSecondRavenslight
    Ixil said:

Been loving this all the posts and comments, and I'd like to ask, is it possible to baldurize the photo (I'd like to use for Sarevok)...

Thanks for that dark moon monk portrait ^_^
    IxilRavenslight
  • IxilIxil Member Posts: 8

Ixil said:

Thanks for that dark moon monk portrait ^_^
    Nice! For me, though, I still like him as Sarevok... Though I might also use him as a monk...
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    @Aramintai Do you think it's possible for you to change the eye colour for me in that half-elf portrait? That's so perfect for representing me in the D&D world, you don't even know. =p It's just that I have grey-green eyes with a hazel ring around the pupil. If you don't have time, I understand, but I thought that since it's a small change you might be able to. All you'd have to do would be to change almost all of the eye to a grey-green colour except you can leave a ring of the colour that's already there around the pupil. For reference on the colour I'm thinking of, http://3d.uk.to/content/grey-eye-1

And of course, this request is accompanied by a please and many thank yous. And if you can't or won't do it, no problem at all. I totally understand. Regardless, thanks!
    Ravenslightlolien
  • BanArdBanArd Member Posts: 60
    edited February 2015
    Imo minus that horrible mommy dress!

Post edited by BanArd on
    ElrandirlolienDanathionmeagloth