Skip to content

NPCs you love to kill

GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
Got any NPCs that you enjoy putting an axe to?

For me, it's the guild leader of the baldur's gate thieves' guild.

He tells you that he has a job for you, planning to kill you when you are done.
If you insist on being paid upfront and knowing how much you are going to be paid, he attacks you.
If you do the job, he lets a powerful wizard attacks you, and only offers a half-hearted apology, explaining that he realizes now that it'd be too hard to kill you.

No reward. No real regret. No payment for a job that he sent you on. Just sadness that you are beyond his reach. There are few people as deserving of having the walls painted with their guts.

How about the rest of you? Any other NPCs that you enjoy taking down?
BlackravenMortiannaJuliusBorisovJenzafarjesterdesuVakarianlolienBrer_Rabbit

Comments

• st_live418st_live418 Member Posts: 41
    The hunting party you run in to in the area with Albert and Woofie in BG1 are up there on my list. I can't stand being an alignment that would stop me from blasting them with a fireball. I think it's the arrogance that really gets under my skin. But as soon as they mention "hunting" us, I feel it necessary to demonstrate who is the real top dog is.
    BlackravenVakarianlolien
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Either Tenya or the Fisherman. Its my favourite quest in BG1 because everyone has been engaging in questionable actions in it.
    BlackravenTuthDreadKhanlolien
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    I actually almost hate Bodhi more than Irenicus.
    BlackravenjackjackSmilingSwordlolien
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100

Tolgerias. Not because I dislike the fellow, but because I once managed to get him killed by an Amnish soldier without losing reputation. It was really complicated and I had to do a lot of micromanaging to avoid turning the whole Government District hostile.

My real favorite is Arkanis Gath, the invincible version that instantly kills you if you turn Renal Bloodscalp hostile. I appreciate the fight more for its technical difficulty than any distaste for the NPC.

How do you kill Gath?
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Grum: The only way is stat drain, actually. You can make yourself immune to the instant death effect with Death Ward. PFMW, (Improved) Mantle, and Absolute Immunity also prevent him from hitting you. His THAC0 is subzero, I think -4, so AC isn't a very viable option. I've managed to do it in Mind Flayer form during Time Stop, but my preferred option is STR drain with Archers.

Haer'dalis' Chaos Blade and to a lesser extent Kachiko's Wakizashi can also kill him. But this can be game breaking if you haven't gotten a visit from Valen, I believe, since Arkanis Gath is there to prevent you from antagonizing the Shadow Thieves before you've had a chance to ally yourself with Bodhi.
    AedanJuliusBorisov
  • SereverusSereverus Member Posts: 70
    my favorite? really? hmmm....i'd say.....Bentley and gellana mirrorshade >:D
    lolien
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    Phaere. She is one backstabbing bi**h. Nuff said. I always enjoy having her taste her own medicine. Kalah's death also makes me smile every time.
    JuliusBorisovNonnahswriterYupImMadBro
  • MhamzaMhamza Member Posts: 228
    Firkraag, followed by Tolgerias and the Roenalls.
    Mortiannajesterdesu
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Solar. Damn that oversized chicken to the depths of Baator's Maladomini layer for all I care.
    Celestials, pfeh...
    JuliusBorisovGodlolien
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Llynis and Neb, for the child murdering bastards they are. I chunk them both whenever possible.

I also get quite a bit of satisfaction from killing the true Hexxat after she murders Clara. My Lawful Evil PC doesn't like being fooled, and she wouldn't have much reason to trust a deceitful vampire anyway.
    I was really disappointed with the conceptualization, writing, and voice acting of her character, so that *might* have something to do with it as well.
    Wandering_MinstrelJuliusBorisovVakarian
  • abazigal5abazigal5 Member Posts: 290
    Apocrypha said:

Irenicus gets the number one spot for obvious reasons. Go to Hell and burn there, you bastard >:(

I don't hate Amelyssan as much as Irenicus, but I always enjoy beating her down after her little stunt at Saradush.

Mulahey from the Nashkel mines. He's a coward who tries to kill you, begs for his life when you start to win the fight, then attacks you AGAIN after you spare him. Talk about ungrateful.

That party of adventurers in BG1, hanging out in the area with the basilisks. Their leader--I think her name was Kirin or something?--comes up to you and starts mocking you for being "low-level", making fun of your party, your equipment, etc. Hardly "evil" compared to everyone else in the series, but my god taking them out feels good.

The Helmites in Watcher's Keep. Hypocritical cowardly jerks who try to send you to do THEIR duty, knowing it would likely cause your death, because you're "just a Bhaalspawn". I don't ACTUALLY kill them, but only because I prefer sending them in to the keep to be eaten by Demogorgon, which is still very satisfying.

Melissan is SO ANNOYING in the final battle. When she casts Timestop, her "Doom awaits thee" and "You shall suffer" lines overlap, they are said so frequently. ;-;
    semiticgoddessJenzafarlolien
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    neb. ugh that guy
    jackjack
  • EmpyrialEmpyrial Member Posts: 107
    Saemon all the way. That manipulative turd tricked me for the last time in Amkethran - if you burst him right you can get him before he ports away AND you avoid having to see him later, so you can act like you actually did reduce him to paste.

Also, every dragon who talks down to you like you're a worm. Do you know how many people I've killed? "Do you know whom you face?!"

The demon lord in the planar travel quest from HD too. His enjoyment of slavery and suffering really rankles me. Same for the slavers in Athkatla. Seeing the child slaves made me have such gut reaction that killing them felt so rewarding.

Fun fact (not sure if I've mentioned this in another thread): if you side with the Thieves Guild against Bhodi, after Spellhold you can come back and kill everyone in there with impunity. Of course their loot is mediocre, but if you really wanted to eliminate both the Thieves Guild and the vampires you can.
    JuliusBorisovBrer_Rabbit
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Rieltar Anchev, Brunos Costak, Tuth and Kestor. These guys in the Candlekeep. They've inflicted so much damage to Charname and the Sword Coast as a whole, so fighing these guys seems just.

And if we add a meta-knowledge, they'll be killed anyway. So, a good chance to deal with the Iron Throne leaders yourself.
    Tuthlolien
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    That is the obvious explanation, yes. Although I'd still think Serevok's acolytes or Ragefast and/or Ramazith would make people notice. They're not powerful on the level of the Iron Throne leaders, but they're important enough that you'd think the powers that be would at least notice.
    GrumJuliusBorisovfighter_mage_thieflolien