Skip to content

Activity

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Insomnia strikes again... Better play more BG...
    Tresset said:

What is the opposite of insomnia? It is starting to hit me now...
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Tresset said:

Tresset said:

Studentitis
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Tresset said:

Tresset said:

Sleep attack? :)
    Ok... Pracically asleep at the keyboard now... time 4 goto bed...
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Heyo, I made a Baldur's Gate Skype group, if anybody wants to be in just send me a PM with your Skype-name and I'll add you.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727

I'm going to the ballet tomorrow night! I'm very excited.

Ohh, which ballet? Is it a classical or a modern one? I respect this highly technical form of dance a lot.
  • Amber_ScottAmber_Scott Member Posts: 513
    In May the Houston Ballet is coming to perform La Bayadère and I'm super excited about that. <3
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727

I love love love ballet.

You should come to Russia then and go to one of our theatres. The ballet is one of the few really world-class things here:)
  • Amber_ScottAmber_Scott Member Posts: 513
    I would love to. A friend of mine was able to visit the Bolshoi Theater years ago and said it was magnificent. It's one of the trips I want to make at some point in my life.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @meagloth, Wow, that guy's videos are so interesting and funny! I just had to tear myself away from clicking link after link before I spend all day watching him.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    @meagloth This is glorious and great for references to boot!
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

@meagloth, Wow, that guy's videos are so interesting and funny! I just had to tear myself away from clicking link after link before I spend all day watching him.

Yea, I've watched most of them. He's pretty entertaining, and I believe he's and archeologist of some sort, so he's pretty reputable. There's two other YouTube channels that are like him(mostly concerning medieval recreations and fantasy stuff) skallagrim who is (IMO) a little long winded and hard to watch, but has some very interesting videos, especially leaning towards fantasy stuff. I think I've seen @LadyRhian post some of his video, specifically one about boobplate. The other channel is scholagladiatoria, who is a HEMA instructor and antique sword collected, and focuses mostly on history and historical technique. He can be a bit dry but has some very informative videos.
    There are many other YouTube videos having to do with swords and fantasy of course, but these three seem to have a large, overlapping following, and very good videos.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    jackjack said:

For what it's worth, the PoE forums are just plain awful. Cries of "zomg! Nerf!" And "L2P" drown out any semblance of intelligent conversation. The myriad ascerbic attitudes remind me of the time I tried to play Halo online. I ran screaming for the hills right quick. Good to be back, and if I want to discuss Pillars, I can't think of a better place than our very own off topic forum.

Don't worry. In time all those people will move onto the next latest thing.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    jackjack said:

For what it's worth, the PoE forums are just plain awful. Cries of "zomg! Nerf!" And "L2P" drown out any semblance of intelligent conversation. The myriad ascerbic attitudes remind me of the time I tried to play Halo online. I ran screaming for the hills right quick. Good to be back, and if I want to discuss Pillars, I can't think of a better place than our very own off topic forum.

I haven't visited since the game released, but I remember they where very difficult to navigate. I kept ending up on the obsidian forum, rather than the pillars forum, and there didn't seem to be many new thread where my 2 cents could have mattered.