Skip to content

Pillars of Eternity MEGATHREAD (caution: SPOILERS)

Comments

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    procco said:

procco said:

Haha! Yes. I'm busy picking up his crap he left lying all over the place.

I was totally hoping that, once you collected each of his items and equipped them on one character, they would all combine to form the megazord... or something.
    i would hope it activates Voltron mode. I am curious if there's any significant bonus for collecting and equipping all of the items. Even a bonus Watcher vision or something like that would be cool. *must resist consulting the Internet*
    I equipped at least four on one character and all they did was give individual bonuses. Maybe you can meet Fulvano's family later on or something, or they could be sweet collector's items that pay off later (like the Golden Pantaloons)
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    It was cool in DA Origins how collecting the set gave you an extra bonus.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915

It was cool in DA Origins how collecting the set gave you an extra bonus.

oh, yeah..I forgot about that. That was a nice incentive to collect stuff. Which reminds me I need to finish that damn game one of these days.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    This guy this, this guy that... Give me 2000 years and an IE/Unity game, and I still won't finish it!

Seriously, the amount of text in PoE is huge. I'm trying to read literally everything and it took me 4 hours only to go through the very first area in Defiance Bay (I still didn't complete all the quests there, mind you).
    I think I spent about an hour just going through conversations with a couple of my companions...it is pretty dense!
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    So I finished it yesterday and decided my next run will be a Cipher. However I may wait a while so that I don't get to saturated with the game so can enjoy it more when the expansion comes out.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725

So I finished my first full run of PoE 2 days and I have yet to start up a new character.
    I think there's something wrong with me.

decado said:

So I finished it yesterday and decided my next run will be a Cipher. However I may wait a while so that I don't get to saturated with the game so can enjoy it more when the expansion comes out.

So, people are different and while some of them would like to go through the game once more, others wouldn't. I guess when the expansion is out, many will re-run through the main game:)
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    Anyone else find the ending a bit.. underwhelming? Not to get into it but felt very to be continued to me.
  • MhamzaMhamza Member Posts: 228
    VahnXIII said:

I am nowhere near the end, but I remember reading somewhere that Obsidian plans on continuing with the PoE series (too lazy to google search right now). With creating an entirely new fantasy setting with its own roleplaying rule set, I would imagine they would continue to create games that take place in Eora, starting with PoE 2 (insert sub title here).

BTW, I love PoE and BG:EE series.

I could be wrong but I think what Obsidian were planning to do was a Tales of the Sword Coast-Style expansion for Pillars of Eternity.
  • MhamzaMhamza Member Posts: 228
    VahnXIII said:

I am nowhere near the end, but I remember reading somewhere that Obsidian plans on continuing with the PoE series (too lazy to google search right now). With creating an entirely new fantasy setting with its own roleplaying rule set, I would imagine they would continue to create games that take place in Eora, starting with PoE 2 (insert sub title here).

I could be wrong but I think what Obsidian were planning to do was a Tales of the Sword Coast-Style expansion for Pillars of Eternity.
    edited April 2015
    I also read that the expansion content will be within the original game, as opposed to being a continuation. I'd have to dig up the interview with Josh Sawyer I read, but he mentioned that the game will automatically make "point of no return" saves, so if you were to finish the game before the expansion comes out, you can load up one of those saves to be at the appropriate part of the story without having to start the game from the beginning...unless you want to.

Edit: I read it here...about halfway down the page
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/4792/pillars-of-eternity-no-spoilers/p37
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    I'm near the end but I can't see myself playing this game ever again. There was so much I really didn't like about it. It was very good in places but ultimately I was very underwhelmed or captivated by the story/characters/world/game mechanics.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @booinyoureyes I'm still going down in the ruins under my keep... you're far ahead of me :)

Dang, everyone finished it already and I'm still derping around on my way to Defiance Bay.

I've only made it to the areas surrounding Gilded Vale so far. I am currently going through the temple under the Gilded Vale ruins. And it is whooping my butt. I just invested in an additional adventurer so maybe it will get a little easier.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511

VahnXIII said:

It makes a lot of sense to do that. There are a LOT of blanks spaces on the map. I tried to exit every mini-map in all directions only to be left just slightly disappointed.

edit: If I could make one suggestion to the devs about the expansion it would be this:

I would like to take a ship to the Deadfire Isles. Pirates, yarr!
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    Finished it this afternoon. Overall its an enjoyable game but nowhere on the same level as Baldurs Gate. I found the story very linear and boring. Nothing about the main villain and plot pulled me in like Irenicus and my God Heritage did. The Stronghold was a waste of time and the NPCs were lifeless compared to Baldurs Gate's. I can see how people would really like it but it just wasn't for me.

The music and maps/areas are incredible and some quests were really fun but I just have a bad taste in my mouth after waiting so long for this game to end up disappointed. Bring on Adventure Y I suppose!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

Dang, everyone finished it already and I'm still derping around on my way to Defiance Bay.

I'm basically where you are as well. I'm level 6 but I'm still working my way through the cities catacombs.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    I just got out of defiance bay. I finally had to stop doing every quest and task I find in every building. I'm now in drywood village doing quests for everyone. I have a feeling act2 is almost over. I just cleared a long dungeon.