Skip to content

Easter Eggs In Baldurs Gate ** Spoiler**

Comments

• zurathanzurathan Member Posts: 53
    dart's has 3 APR. is this a referance to olimpic sport dart?
    which each player shoots 3 dart in a turn to achieve 501 points.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    In BG1, SHANK and CARBOS are assassins that try to kill you in the Prologue. In Baldur's Gate (city, same game) you met their cousin, who says the are SOOOO good. In BG2, in the Bridge District, SHANK and CARBOS fight over a harlot named Bubbles.
    Another easter egg that many people know, NANOC The Barbarian can be found in ToB, if you read NANOC from the other side, it says CONAN (If you don't know who Conan his, DIE, then search for him in google ;p) and the NEB -> BEN, who kills children, (both in BG1 (in the Flaming Fist prison, chapter 7) and in BG2 (while searching for the Ore for Sir Sarles)).
    Some BG2 items are based off IWD and PS:T, just read their description and you'll know what I mean.
    Kundane (short sword of speed +2) has +1 APR (to a total of 2 with no Prof lvl), not noted in description.

@deltago it was a charmed bear and I was moving it :)

The same happened to be with a Ghoul, I used Viccy in the Underground City (where the Themple of Bhaal is, BG1), and they say: "Me likezzz flezhh, me Hungy!" Or some sort of the liking ghoul-talk thingies.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    One of the voices from BG1 of BG:EE says "I grow weary" which is possible to be reference to PS:T's incriotion in a wall in a tomb in the Drowned Nations. Or maybe its vice versa...
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    BG1 was made before PST.
    edited October 2013

BG1 was made before PST.

I know, and I knew it.
    So that from PS:T is a reference to a BG voice? I think yes.

Also, in Baldur's Gate, there is a reference to Vampires (Nosferatu), a poem somebody tells, it can be a refernce to Bodhi (from the early drafts or its not for Bodhi, but it mentions Elves anyway), but I think it has something to do with Dracula (the book) and a girl turned into an undead (maybe Lucy or Mina....).
    image Note: No cheating for the spells, Sorcerer run :D

I forgot to say, there is a mention of Gargantua and Pantagunrel (two guys from a epic literature classic) in the description of The Big Metal Unit (I've checked it through NI because I never got that item in the game).
    Post edited by CrevsDaak on
  • karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    One of the fake passwords for the thieves guild in BG is Bodi.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Lazarus Librarus is one of the few survivors from Saradush. You can find him and his spell shop again in Amkethran. I'm wondering if this is a reference to the Biblical Lazarus whom Jesus revived from the dead.
  • srvksrvk Member Posts: 65
    Arrow to the knee reference, clever
    BG2's mechants "You look like the sort that has more than one piece of gold to rub together" is from Time Bandits (1981), Robin Hood says it.
    And, Jonaleth "Jon" The Exile Irenicus is based in "Evil", from the same movie (just see the start of SoA, and the ending of Time Bandits), and, David Warner acts as Evil, and voices Irenicus too.

Then there is a tomb in Nashkel that bares "Galobchair", then, in the Ogre Area (where you can get a TWS+1 and a cursed Oil of Speed), there is a bandit with that surname, and in BG2, one of the bandits in the sewers is named Galobchair too.

And in a inn in BG1 (forgot where, dammit) you can met Raleo Windspear, that should have something to do with the Windspear (and his Hills) from BG2.
  • AramintaiAramintai Member Posts: 232
    karnor00 said:

One of the fake passwords for the thieves guild in BG is Bodi.

And the correct password is actually a name of the protagonist from the stories of Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser.
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801

Although it's good they didn't name an NPC after Edmonton, because I'd have to kill it on principle...

Edmonton...
    Edmon...
    Edwon...
    Edwin...
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @bengoshi I cannot see this easter egg. Can you post a screenshot that shows what is supposed to happen?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Tried it too and saw nothing different...
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Arnaeus said:

Other party members are Minsc, Alora, Coran, Edwin and Jaheira

Alora fans, this is YOUR time! @Quartz , @Vallmyr and others. E3 in 1997 (long before the actual game release in November, 1998), and yet Alora was in the party, along with popular figures such as Minsc and Edwin. Alora.

sorry, @Aedan , at the work now, cant make a screenshot:)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited April 2015
    Got it to work. You need to press 5 on the numpad and not on the regular keyboard.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    edited April 2015
    Argghh, in my cognitive psych class atm but once I'm out I'm going to immediately try this!
    Thanks for the notice! @bengoshi

Edit: SOOO IT TOTALLY WORKS!
    She's missing her Lucky Rabbit's Foot but for some reason this makes me want to do a run where I RP as Alora and that Alora is the Bhaalspawn. XD
    I'd just have to avoid running into myself.

Also, I noticed the Elminster has like a billion spell slots and even has level 6 spell slots. All my text was bugged but that's probably from mods. I haven't updated the BG:EE on my laptop in ages so a lot of my mods on there are outdated.

Side note: I can't wait until college classes end for the semester, I'm going to run through BG1&2 during that time as well as create an Alora NPC/Romance mod for BG2 n_n
    Post edited by Vallmyr on
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    edited April 2015
    Damn, that sword is amazing...

Also it really makes sense for Elminster to be CN with a low wisdom score.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @Arnaeus Thanks :)
    @bengoshi No problem! Thanks for sharing the news.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Whoa that's awesome. Has anyone tried it with different numbers to see if something else happens? Maybe Drizzt and Sarevok will join the party!
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Does this work with a multiplayer game? Wouldn't mind grabbing that sword...
  • ArnaeusArnaeus Member Posts: 90
    @deltago @grum

False alarm sorry guys, it appears one of my mods overrides the short sword of backstabbing and makes it ridiculous. Rogue Rebalancing for any who really want that sword.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    edited April 2015
    can anyone post a save game with this working? My laptop doesn't have a number pad :(
    I want to have fun breaking the game playing Elminster, too!