Skip to content

If BG came out today...

124»

Comments

• NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    edited August 2014
    151. It would go on sale because of said little attention, hopefully resulting in more sales.
    Post edited by Nimran on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,735
    152. At the starting screen there would be 2 options:

Baldur's Gate - original rules (spells, abilities etc)
    Baldur's Gate - IWD rules (spells, abilities etc)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    This may already be covered but if it isn't.

153. People would complain about it being too hard (and then presumably demand refunds because of this)
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    154. People would be amazed at the epic greatness of it.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    155. It would be game of the year.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    For the sake of this thread, I demand the introduction of a "lol, nope" button. Thanks.
    Dazzu said:

72. Cernd is no longer a deadbeat old dad. Well, he's still a bad parent, but he's no longer old. He's young, handsome, and most likely shirtless. He becomes one of the most common victims of slashfics and the most common fanon reason that mouthbreathing fangirls do as such is because "he was gay all along!"

Do you really think the age of a character matters to us?
    Do you really?

Besides, Cernd doesn't come of as old. Like mid 30s at max.
    (And he isn't ugly either :P )

Anyway:
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316

Besides, Cernd doesn't come of as old. Like mid 30s at max.

The guy has some serious grey hair for being mid 30's. Unless that has something to do with his werewolf affliction.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    I don't know, I knew a guy who started graying with 8 and was almost completely gray with 22.
  • Dice42Dice42 Member Posts: 55
    163. it would be 1st/over-shoulder 3rd Person
    164. You would only be able to control charname
    165. There would be a nude mod (with various options)
    166. There would be a curvy body mod (with various options)
    167. There would be a breast physics mod
    168. There would be an extra bouncy breast physics mod

..... ever wonder the average age of a modern game modder ;)
  • nosecretnosecret Member Posts: 92

172: All the romancable characters are downright nutjobs or super angsty emos.
    173: In the sequel, the companions would all gain a level-up in angstiness.

re: 172 i.e. Aerie on depressants
    re: 173: and 1 attribute point per level (until I started back playing the BG series, I had forgotten how much modern games pamper their charname equivalents)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,735
    174. There would be no rolls for starting attributes , only allocation system with the given amount of points.
  • nosecretnosecret Member Posts: 92
    edited September 2014
    @Illydth‌ methinks I smell a faint waft of DDO with # 177?

http://ddowiki.com/page/Leveling_Sigils
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    bengoshi said:

128. At high levels, the loot from every bandit you meet, would include two-handed swords +5 and robes of the Archmagi.

I'm talking about any game with auto-scaling system, especially Oblivion where the loot from usual enemies looked ... strange at high levels.

So mostly like ToB
    193. We would have options to improve a stronghold for money, to buy new furniture there and to build new houses.

194. Druids would be at least on par with wizards in the game.
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    modding would be easier but I dont think the game would be so different from the old BG. Well, if TSR and Balck Isle were still alive ... a dream
  • IntoTheDarknessIntoTheDarkness Member Posts: 118
    To be serious it would have made a debut as an indie game and be forgotten pretty quickly with bad review scores siting horrible graphics and UI. On the other hand, if BG2 had come out on 1970~early 80s, it would have become almost as popular as Star Wars.
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 961
    This thread goes to show that they don't make them like they used to.