Skip to content

Whats your best powergaming party for this game?

12345679»

Comments

• KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    edited July 2015
    Okay, working on my party, here's what I've got:

LG F Gnome FC mace/flail/sling
    LN M Elf FMT long sword/longbow
    N M Half Elf FD scimitar/club/sling
    CN F Human Berserker 9> Cleric war hammer/sling
    LG M Human Kensai 9 > Mage bastard sword/axe
    NE F Half Elf Skald

How's it look? Any help y'all can give me would be greatly appreciated.
    Post edited by Klorox on
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    Made it through the prologue. Dang, that was a grind.

I have a feeling I'll be restarting: betchya my Kensai can't use that boomerang axe. :/
  • MerinaMerina Member Posts: 303
    News from the Dwarven Defender party:

At Severed Hand ... mostly used brute-force attacks with minimal party buffs and Haste. Everything cleaned, mission accomplished. Used allies in some fights, but absolutely no reason to start HoW early for getting more arcane scrolls.

172 HP at level 12 and still wearing a shield.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Klorox said:

Okay, working on my party, here's what I've got:

LG F Gnome FC mace/flail/sling
    LN M Elf FMT long sword/longbow
    N M Half Elf FD scimitar/club/sling
    CN F Human Berserker 9> Cleric war hammer/sling
    LG M Human Kensai 9 > Mage bastard sword/axe
    NE F Half Elf Skald

How's it look? Any help y'all can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Nice looking party. No boomeraxe for kensei but won't need it with Mage buffs and if you do need a ranged weapon you cast Melfs Minute Meteors.

Flail is stronger and generally more prevalent than hammer but you can probably GM both and there's good hammers.

@Merina why still using a shield?

Wowo said:

@Merina why still using a shield?

Because it's great as is so far?
  • VherdelVherdel Member Posts: 40
    An Assassin, nothing more, nothing less.
    Works damn fine, except that the ''follow you around while invisible" bug i quite annoying.
    Define "damn fine" ... :innocent:
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    Merina said:

Define "damn fine" ... :innocent:

- Is currently in hell ("damn").
    - Was smashed into a fine, red mist ("fine").

208 HP at level 24 ... that's still 183 HP left when wearing The Glory of Suffering +6. Have switched to dual-wielding axes some time ago.

Chose not to visit Hjollder before clearing the Fallen Temple. So, no HoW early for extra XP or gear. That will follow...

The Skald in the party is the better wizard meanwhile. Obviously. Even casted a few offensive spells (such as Acid Storm), but has not been attributed any kills to yet. :astonished:

Have had one difficult surprise attack outside the watch tower where a large bunch was waiting outside and blocked the path completely. Loved it! It's a long time since I've casted Dimension Door.

I've neglected the Fighter/Druid quite a lot. :frowning: She's only helping out a bit or using Beast Claws, waiting for a good club. Quite a difference from the earlier activity. A really difficult decision. I like the early summons, such as beetles or polar bears ... but with such a melee oriented party doing much more with the druid is not necessary ...

Percentage of kills, AC:
    DD 17% -> 19% -12
    F/C 16% -> 18% -15
    S5->F 20% -> 25% -11
    F/M 27% -> 23% -9
    F/D 17% -> 13% -12
    Skald 0% -5

The first percentage number is at start of chapter 3. The F/M's high number of kills is due to bow usage. Meanwhile, the dual-wielding guys are catching up. Especially the fighter.

The AC value is without any spells ... only with items. What I've found so far is flexible enough to redistribute among the heroes. The Gnome F/C could go to AC -17 if taking the DD's armor (and the -25 HP penalty) and to AC -18 with an AC +4 shield. Managing to hit the DD doesn't impress him much. Hitting the F/C is hardest ... I need more numbers from the HoW run.
    Merina said:

208 HP at level 24 ... that's still 183 HP left when wearing The Glory of Suffering +6. Have switched to dual-wielding axes some time ago.

Chose not to visit Hjollder before clearing the Fallen Temple. So, no HoW early for extra XP or gear. That will follow...

The Skald in the party is the better wizard meanwhile. Obviously. Even casted a few offensive spells (such as Acid Storm), but has not been attributed any kills to yet. :astonished:

Have had one difficult surprise attack outside the watch tower where a large bunch was waiting outside and blocked the path completely. Loved it! It's a long time since I've casted Dimension Door.

I've neglected the Fighter/Druid quite a lot. :frowning: She's only helping out a bit or using Beast Claws, waiting for a good club. Quite a difference from the earlier activity. A really difficult decision. I like the early summons, such as beetles or polar bears ... but with such a melee oriented party doing much more with the druid is not necessary ...

Percentage of kills, AC:
    DD 17% -> 19% -12
    F/C 16% -> 18% -15
    S5->F 20% -> 25% -11
    F/M 27% -> 23% -9
    F/D 17% -> 13% -12
    Skald 0% -5

The first percentage number is at start of chapter 3. The F/M's high number of kills is due to bow usage. Meanwhile, the dual-wielding guys are catching up. Especially the fighter.

The AC value is without any spells ... only with items. What I've found so far is flexible enough to redistribute among the heroes. The Gnome F/C could go to AC -17 if taking the DD's armor (and the -25 HP penalty) and to AC -18 with an AC +4 shield. Managing to hit the DD doesn't impress him much. Hitting the F/C is hardest ... I need more numbers from the HoW run.

The F/C shouldn't stress about getting hit if you have Shield of Faith up and a defender weapon and/or shield.
    @Wowo : Shield of Faith? ... There is no such spell.

It's Gloomfrost meanwhile. Sw5->F is up to 26% of kills. Ice Golem Sentries manage to hit the F/C at AC -22 ... that's with a few buffs and a shield. I'm not patient enough to add another -6 bonus with Entropy Shield ... do you mean that spell?

With the two Berserker->Cleric party and no Skald I was casting protection spells much more often.
    Merina said:

@Wowo : Shield of Faith? ... There is no such spell.

It's Gloomfrost meanwhile. Sw5->F is up to 26% of kills. Ice Golem Sentries manage to hit the F/C at AC -22 ... that's with a few buffs and a shield. I'm not patient enough to add another -6 bonus with Entropy Shield ... do you mean that spell?

With the two Berserker->Cleric party and no Skald I was casting protection spells much more often.

Armour of Faith then ... 5% DR per 5 levels, combined with other sources of DR can give decent resistance.

Max AC is -24 so Entropy Shield wouldn't do much. Ice Golem Sentries needed skins in my experience though maybe with AC modifiers you could go low enough.

I'm not surprised that your swash is doing so well, she just doesn't have much competition considering that no one else has grand mastery or kit bonuses.
    Wowo said:

Armour of Faith then ... 5% DR per 5 levels, combined with other sources of DR can give decent resistance.

Sure ... that's what both priests do sometimes at this high level. But it's a constant 40% crushing resistance already with the Ring of Greater Resistance on the F/C. The Dwarven Defender is only at 30% always and can activate Defensive Stance a whopping 8 times. Anyway, if AC -24 would not prevent hits either, no reason to buff to hell ... the golems are no problem at all.
    Wowo said:

I'm not surprised that your swash is doing so well, she just doesn't have much competition considering that no one else has grand mastery or kit bonuses.

Rather the numbers are skewed. The F/M has increased from 23% to 24% and is not using a +1 APR longsword always. Most fights I let the F/C and F/D cast during combat instead of doing the all-in pre-combat buffing dance. Then, obviously, the low maintenance tag team at the front and the stoneskin protected mage are busy fighting. Add to that that I have preferred targets for Improved Haste (or Haste with Unfailing Endurance afterwards). And the Swashy is self-healing with Blood Iron +4. Two times GM plus an experimental +++ in Flails.
    Gnome F/C was AC -25 during the fight against Icasaracht...
    Merina said:

Gnome F/C was AC -25 during the fight against Icasaracht...

That's weird, I was finding that AC capped at -24 even when I was using effects that should put it lower.
    Cap seems to be at AC -26, order doesn't matter:

-15 (items) ... -19 (Skald song) ... -23 (Def.Harmony) ... -25 (DUHM) ... -26 (Entropy Shield)
    FinneousPJ
    After defeating Icasaracht, I've had to reload an older saved game to start TotLM first.

After finishing Castle of Maluradek, the multi-class heroes are at levels

F/C 24/26
    F/M 24/21
    F/D 24/25

so it seems they won't reach the level cap after finishing HoW. The duration of spells is more than enough.

Oh, ... and the F/C is the only one with an increased percentage of kills. Up from 18% to 20%.
  • Franklin_OlotuFranklin_Olotu Member Posts: 1
    Merina wrote: »

Percentage of kills, AC:
    DD 17% -> 19% -12
    F/C 16% -> 18% -15
    S5->F 20% -> 25% -11
    F/M 27% -> 23% -9
    F/D 17% -> 13% -12
    Skald 0% -5

or make the dwarf a kensai AND CALL HIM DWARFEE LEE !!!
  • RawrbarianRawrbarian Member Posts: 40
    Wow, from 2015 to 2022. Talk about an old post. Sometimes I forget the age of this game. I have played many group combos with and without kits. I have to say that my go to power gaming party would be 3 unkitted paladins, 2 cleric/mages, and a fighter/thief. Unkitted so I can use all of their spell casting abilities and equip a bow when needed. It works like a charm, no one dies and there isn't a need to change difficulty or reload a saved game. 3 tanks that can do minor heals. 2 casters for more heals and spell dps. 1 range dps that can search for traps and open doors/chests. 3 humans. 2 half elves. 1 halfling. 3 lawful good. 3 chaotic good.