Skip to content

How many have rolled 100+ stat points?

I'm curious how many of us have been supremely lucky to roll into triple-digits on stats? (without using ctrl-8!)

I have rolled a few 97s since taking to the EEs, a couple of 98s, and a single 99 - but never made it into the fabled three digit territory (of course, almost all my PCs get there after the tomes are consumed...)

I think my highest roll pre-EE was a 93 point paladin, and I remember thinking how insane that roll was at the time - all 18s, with 18/00 STR, but a 3 for dex - Paladins suit up in plate and can't dodge! Sure is a lot easier now that the stat-total is given for each re-roll though.
lolienSmilingSword

Comments

• GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Ah, but these are not unbiased die rolls. We start with the odds of rolling 75 or more on 3d6 BG being 1.0 ;~) Certain classes are also much more prone to high rolls - paladins, elven rangers etc.

I'll need to dig out my jaded, rusty math skills to work out the expected number of rolls on 18d6 to see a fair 100+ though. (Although I think most PnP players, when using dice, would be looking at 6x4d6, take the best 3 - which is not the same as 24d6 take the best 18)
    JuliusBorisovlolienBlackraven
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Never had a roll over 96 IIRC. A bard (blade) I believe it was. I usually end up with ~90-92, depending on race and class of course. I still play an older version of BGEE so in that version there is no summed roll. It's funnier without it actually since it forces you to do some simple math for every roll before clicking again.
    BlackravenGreenWarlockDragonspear
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    Highest was 97 on a half-elf F/M/T. I left a roller running for days to see if I could beat that but never did.
    Skatan
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I rolled a 97 once playing an Elven wildmage on android. (Because on the PC I would ctrl-8 and save a heap of time...)
    lolien
  • cbones9889cbones9889 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 41
    I rolled a 102 Cavalier =) The character was extremely over powered!
    GreenWarlocklolien
  • Ironmancal2131Ironmancal2131 Member Posts: 23
    I've rolled 101 on both a Stalker and Cavalier. Also, the Cavalier had like 18/95 Str, so I was pumped. My favorite roll ever, though, was a 97 on a Human Fighter, with 18/00. It's kind of sad how excited I get about those things, haha.
    GreenWarlocklolien
  • 98 or so was the highest I have ever rolled. On a ranger/cleric and once on an inquisitor.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    I just rolled a 91 on the third roll for a paladin and a 88 on the first roll for a dragon disciple.

@GreenWarlock I can definitely see where the class minimums can affect the probabilities. Rolling 100 requires you to roll at least 10 6s, but a minimum 17 charisma sets two of your dice to 6 before you've even begun.
    lolien
  • valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    edited September 2015
    96 on a elven FTM was the best I got. Total powerhouse. I took it through BG1 finding the 8 tomes and exported to BG2 with 104 points.
  • MozziahMozziah Member Posts: 10
    Best I've got was a 99 on a wild mage no reload scs run; needless to say he didn't make it. Second best was a 97 on a berserker, both was on bgee. Not all that uncommon to get 90-94 on EE in about a half hour. In orignal BG i cant find a character better than 93
    GreenWarlockMirage
  • Mozziah said:

Best I've got was a 99 on a wild mage no reload scs run; needless to say he didn't make it. Second best was a 97 on a berserker, both was on bgee. Not all that uncommon to get 90-94 on EE in about a half hour. In orignal BG i cant find a character better than 93

I could never abandon a 99 roll on a wild mage even on a no reload run. I would just pretend it never happened or that I had a "roll back time" wild surge :smile:
  • JaceJace Member Posts: 193
    Back in the original BG2, a time when I was wasting way too much time trying to get OP stats, I once got a 106 total...

18/18/16/18/18/18

...on a single-class conjurer...

Wasteful...

lolienGrumMirage
  • Wutan1988Wutan1988 Member Posts: 131
    edited September 2015
    i rolled a 100 on a Inquisitor in BGEE. Strength was 18/81.
    My second best roll was a 98 on my Fighter/Illusionist which i am playing atm;D
    The Strength on my little "Terror Gnom" is 18/99. I love him xd
    Grum
  • MereinidMereinid Member Posts: 46
    I am with Monkeyboy888888 and Grum, I once, way back in the heyday, early 2K's I got a 102. I think it was a Paladin.
  • MozziahMozziah Member Posts: 10

Mozziah said:

I could never abandon a 99 roll on a wild mage even on a no reload run. I would just pretend it never happened or that I had a "roll back time" wild surge :smile:
    That was actually my 16th no reload attempt with a pure wild mage. (I forgot to swap out the belt with negative fire resist after the winter wolf fight and got the fireball self surge, it was a face palm moment) I've done no reload with a bunch of different characters way back when but have never done it with a wild mage. I know WM has been done not all that long ago but without a scs install. I've sort of done it but it feels empty because it was a dual class cleric into a wild mage so I could abuse the cleric spells to lower saves even more so my charms and blindness effects hit easily and it wasn't an ascension run

I've recently come to the conclusion that my next builds are going to include the wild mage additions mod for the extra spells but am still working on/tweaking Rhialto (my skill is limited) because scs breaks him and it wasn't really made for EE. Some of the spells may need tweaked as well since testing I can turn Drizzt into a goo with 1 cast and magic missile him or use ranged ability from a staff that MSM adds with no real danger. It bypasses resistances but is fun since victim is immune to about everything else, need to look up creature file on transformation
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352

The last character I made, I got a 95 straight off the bat and I was like wow thats awesome, now let me reroll for another 5 mins, to see if I can get anything better.

Haha, and did you? And if yes, where did you spend those extra points? 95 = 18/18/18/18/18/5 without taking into account race/class restrictions. I don't personally see the point of more points than that.
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    @Skatan unfortunately no I didn't. I really do have no idea why I continued to reroll, I just couldn't stop myself.
    Skatanlolien
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    The highest I've ever seen was a 98 on an inquisitor. I was so excited I made a thread about it. Too bad he only got 18/03 for his strength. That's the trouble with fighter-types; you might get that dream jackpot roll for your total, and wind up with a lousy exceptional strength roll.
    KilivitzGreenWarlockGrum
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i'm super lazy with rolling, I just crtl+shft 8 and then minus the amount of points to make it look legit, for example, if im making a fighter I only want/need 88, but I want good strength, so I just press the 3 magic buttons and minus 20 points and shazam, and if im playing a non fighter character, I will just use EE keeper anyway, the highest legitimate roll of 18/00 I have ever got was 92, and that was back in the bg vanilla days, so I don't feel bad for crtl+shft 8ing at all with fighters, in theory you will eventually get 90+ with 18/00, I just like to save time ( sometimes I will even lower it with EE keeper to 18/91+ to make it look more legit)
    lolienGrumDurenas
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Rolled a 102 with a gnomish Cleric/Illusionist.

When I'm feeling extra cheesy I justify EEKeepering those stats onto new PCs because I got that roll once in my life already.
    lolienSmilingSwordGreenWarlock
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    I once got 98 with 18/00 on an elf Beasmaster... I only rolled him up to see how tough the weapon restrictions actually were... had no intent of actually playing him.
    GreenWarlock
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    I rolled a 103 on a Human Cavalier. I've been using Ctrl+8 to apply it to every character since.