Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    bob_vengIllustairGrammarsalad
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    I really quite like the sphere based HLA idea.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    HudzyIllustair
    edited October 2015
    IllustairGrammarsaladbrus
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    would i have to use to entire iwdification mod because I'm not sure I want to use that mod but this one is interesting...
    edited October 2015
    Cahir
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    I'd really love what you guys doing with this mod. I'd really like to try the beta, but RL prevent me from playing almost anything now, so it would be pointless to asking for beta permission. But I definitelly will try it out after SoD release.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Oh, @subtledoctor, since you're already covering compatibility with various kit mods, I'd strongly advocate for contacting @swit (K4thos) regarding EET compatibility. I realize both FoP and EET are in deep undercover beta stages atm, but it would be pitch perfect if both mods could be tuned together for SoD release. I saw you guys both have github accounts so this would be a piece of cake, right? :smile:
    Illustair
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    Er. . . are the images supposed to be upside down?
    XD
    JuliusBorisov
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    Off-topic here. You could turn on the assistive touch in the settings, and a small, movable, squarish and transparent icon would then appear. From there, you can easily make screenshots. Just so it can be more convenient for you, and the image would be exactly as how it really is.
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    Sorry if I've missed it, but do you have anything for Cyric?
    edited November 2015
    Hudzy
    edited November 2015
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    How about new spells for that new "shadow/darkness/utterdark" sphere? Shar, Mask and Ibrandul have nicely fitting ones in AD&D for example. My favourite is Shar's Armor of Darkness (Faiths and Avatars):

[ 3rd Level ]
    Armor of Darkness (Alteration)

Sphere: Protection, Sun
    Components: V, S
    Duration: 1 round/level
    Casting Time: 6
    Area of Effect: The caster or 1 touched creature
    Saving Throw: None

This spell creates a flickering, impressive-seeming shroud of magical darkness around the caster or a single touched recipient creature. The aura can, if the caster desires, conceal the wearer's features. In any case, it improves the wearer's Armor Class by 1 for every four experience levels of the caster (round down). It also lessens all nonmagical damage suffered by the wearer by 1d4 points per round. (This reduction changes to 2d4 points if the caster is of 12th level or greater.)
    The wearer of armor of darkness can see through the armor as if it did not exist and is also afforded 60-foot-range infrovision by the spell. All beings within armor of darkness are immune to hypnotic magic and other effects that depend on vision and receive a +2 bonus on saving throws vs. enchantment/charm school spells, charm sphere spells, and psionics of similar effects. Undead creatures wearing armor of darkness are immune to turning and dispelling attempts caused by things that they must see--the blow of a mace of disruption, for instance, would still destroy one if it failed its saving throw vs. the disruptive effect.
    JuliusBorisov
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    edited November 2015
    how about this:

the caster becomes shrouded in darkness:
    - he gets various save bonuses (all except breath i guess)
    - his thac0 and AC significantly deteriorate (except for missiles) because he can't see very clearly through the shroud himself, so can neither evade nor aim as well
    - infravision negates (edit: the negative) effects but doesn't remove status

when a creature hits the shrouded character, the shroud engulfs that creature as well (no save), with the same effects, so it's infectious

this has the following strategic consequences:
    - the caster is in the same place he's been at because his AC deteriorates no more than does the thac0 of his attackers, unless he has infravision which puts him at an advantage
    - party members will also get engulfed in the shroud when they hit shrouded enemies, but if they have infravision, they'll have an advantage over enemies who don't

so infravision becomes useful, yay!

edit: syntax
    Vallmyrbob_vengHudzy
    edited March 2016
    JuliusBorisov
    Question: You have Animate Dead listed as a 4th level spell but it's currently a 3rd. Is that meant to be a nerf so one receives the spell at 7 instead of 5?
    edited November 2015
    Vallmyr
    Ahhh ok, I get the reasoning now! Thanks.
    edited November 2015
  • SereverusSereverus Member Posts: 70
    i'm so excited for the eventual release, can't wait to rebuild my elf cleric! seriously i love character creation to no end XD
    VallmyrGrammarsalad
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Yeah, life had been hectic. I should be able to get things done over the winter break.
  • SereverusSereverus Member Posts: 70

Gonna be a little while. Grammarsalad won't get to making the rest of the kits (he's doing the important ones) for a few weeks still. For my part, after getting the sphere system into fairly bulletproof shape, I've just discovered a serious compatibility problem with a lot of AI scripts, including, possibly, SCS. So, it's back to the drawing board for me. :(

Yeah, life had been hectic. I should be able to get things done over the winter break.

np, i don't mind a loooong wait, i've had to most of my life, it honestly doesn't bother me, i'm just excited to have the possibility ^^ oh and grammasalad is too awesome to get impatient with, he does good work when he takes his time, i know, i've used a few of his mods ^^
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707

If anyone wants to play with it now, just let me know.

*raises hand*