Skip to content

Star Wars Episode 7 (spoilers)

the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
edited October 2015 in Off-Topic
So, I am very surprised that this topic hasn't shown up on the forums yet. What does everyone think thus far? I'm sure we've all seen and obsessed about the new trailers.

In case you haven't here is the latest one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGbxmsDFVnE

What does everyone think of the rumors of
Either Han or Chewy dying at the end of episode 7?

What do you think of the rumors of
Hayden Christiansen returning for Episode 8?

What other rumors have people heard?

Are you going to see it?

Opening weekend?

Midnight showing?

EDIT: I have added (spoilers) into the title. Even with that I would still ask that everyone respect the fact that people may be enthusiastic about it, but not have scoured the entire internet for all of the rumors out there. After all, there are spoilers and then there are SPOILERS. Please respect everyone and put spoiler tags wherever possible if you are revealing something that is not widely known.
Post edited by the_spyder on

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2015
    I actually thought it was a really well done trailer. Unlike some movie trailers it doesn't feel like its giving away the plot or even the best moments and I like that it leaves a lot of unknowns. The main thing though that I like is the fact that it seems like they are taking a very mature approach to the movie. Like I doubt it will be a PG movie (like the Phantom Menace).

But on a less serious note people might enjoy some of the reactions of the cast to seeing the trailer

http://www.vulture.com/2015/10/star-wars-john-boyega-daisy-ridley-trailer-reactions.html
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    I'm probably not gonna see it on opening night, but I know the family does want to see it together some time during the holiday season. ^_^

I heard the person shown at 1:40 might be

Luke with his back turned! n.n
    *goes to 1:40*

Hmm, well, he is petting R2D2, or at least a droid that looks like R2D2.

And that is A FAKE HAND OMGIOA;JIE;JSAIFJESIO;AJFIODJA;FJEI

I'm calling it! That's Luke! You, my beautiful darling, have earned an insightful from me. :heart:
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    edited October 2015
    I had not watched a trailer before this one and I got to admit it gave me the chills. I haven't kept my hopes up after what they did with episodes 1 to 3. I might actually go to the cinema to see this. I think the last time was when episode 3 came out :D
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Couldn't we just add "spoilers" to the thread title? Adding spoiler tags is a pain on an iPad!
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Eh, probably wait until I see it in free TV or something. The only thing that caught my attention was that Sith's laser weapon: we saw Light Sabers, Light Two-Bladed Swords and now Light Longswords. Why... why... why must it always be some thrice-cursed, bloody SWORD?! Would it hurt that much to go against the streamlined flow sometimes and make, I don't know, a Light Club or something? Bah! Another thing that always rubbed me the wrong way was their light. Blue for gooddies and red for baddies is so stereotypical it gives me migraine. As if each faction had a patent for frigging colors!

Honestly I'd be more hyped if Mel Brooks makes a sequel of Spaceballs. Now that was Best Star Wars movie ever created!

So, I am very surprised that this topic hasn't shown up on the forums yet. What does everyone think thus far? I'm sure we've all seen and obsessed about the new trailers.

Episode 7 is echoing many of the beats of Episode 4, so you would expect someone from the original cast to have an Old Ben Kenobi moment. It makes sense for it to be either the oldest (Ford) or most infirm (Meyhew) for purely practical reasons. I wouldn't be surprised if they shot it both ways, so they could decide which to snuff based on audience reactions.
    What do you think of the rumors of
    Hayden Christiansen returning for Episode 8?
    It seems not unlikely that he could appear as a force ghost or flashback. With a decent script and director I expect he will be fine.
    What other rumors have people heard?

Are you going to see it?

Opening weekend?

Midnight showing?
    I've heard a great many rumours, and even have a good idea which are true and which aren't. I will be all at sea on opening night, so I will have to wait until I get home to see if I'm right.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    edited October 2015

I'm probably not gonna see it on opening night, but I know the family does want to see it together some time during the holiday season. ^_^

I heard the person shown at 1:40 might be

Luke with his back turned! n.n
    *goes to 1:40*

Hmm, well, he is petting R2D2, or at least a droid that looks like R2D2.

And that is A FAKE HAND OMGIOA;JIE;JSAIFJESIO;AJFIODJA;FJEI

I'm calling it! That's Luke! You, my beautiful darling, have earned an insightful from me. :heart:
    It's also backed up by this trailer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCc2v7izk8w
    Why does it matter? The name on the cast list is a bit of a give-away!
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I've added (spoiler) to the title by request.

I would still ask everyone to please put major spoilers into spoiler tags because, well... there are spoilers and then there are SPOILERS. Please be respectful of those who are merely enthusiastic about the movies and haven't scoured the internet for all of the rumors out there.

And as for example, here's the biggest spoiler of all:

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037

Another thing that always rubbed me the wrong way was their light. Blue for gooddies and red for baddies is so stereotypical it gives me migraine. As if each faction had a patent for frigging colors!

According to my son, whose knowledge of Star Wars lore far surpasses my own, the color of a lightsaber is caused by the alignment of crystals/gems in the "hilt", the device which produces and focuses the beam. Jedi will seek out naturally-occuring crystals and then align them based on their attenuation to the Force; most of these alignments turn out to be green or blue. The difference between green and blue can be boiled down to "neutral good" and "lawful good", for lack of any better or more concise terms; this is why Qi-Gonn's blade is green (he doesn't adhere strictly to the Code or the Council, which is why he isn't on the Council) and Obi-Wan's is blue. Luke's progression away from "strictly old-school Jedi" is why his blade turns from blue (which was really a hand-me-down) to green (the blade he built for himself). Mace Windu, though, could be termed "chaotic good", which explains his purple/violet blade (of course, in reality Samuel L. Jackson insisted on that since that is his favorite color, or so I am led to believe)--as far as I recall his is the only one of that color but my son assures me that there were others who followed his particular path.

Sith, on the other hand, artificially manufacture their crystals because they aren't going to waste the time looking for them or listening to the Force as to how to arrange them; the manufacturing process results in a blade which is red.

I can only presume that once the Jedi Order was destroyed the Emperor figured that no other Jedi would arise. It is statistically impossible that there were no beings with any innate Force power born in between the times of Episode III and Episode IV but without training they couldn't even begin to be a threat.
    @Mathsorcerer - I do not claim to be an expert, but here's the way I understand it.

Yes, when it comes time to make their own lightsaber, the Jedi (and Sith) seek out naturally occurring crystals. But more or less the crystals pick the owner rather than the other way around.

As far as Sith choosing primarily red, the crystals do cause slight variations in the beam and perhaps the Red crystals are more jagged/raw/powerful?? Or some such.

As far as I know, the color is not 'Alignment specific', at least that is not anything that I've heard. Plus:

edited October 2015
    Video games have always taught me green means you are a Jedi consular, blue means you are a Jedi knight, yellow means you are a Jedi sentinel, and purple means you are just badass (like Windu).
    Also, Luke starts out with a Blue blade and then makes his own Green blade, so....
    elminster said:

Video games have always taught me green means you are a Jedi consular, blue means you are a Jedi knight, yellow means you are a Jedi sentinel, and purple means you are just badass (like Windu).

This lore originates with KotOR, and so is no longer canon.
    Fardragon said:

elminster said:

This lore originates with KotOR, and so is no longer canon.
    Yea. The canon explanation I'll admit is a much better explanation too :)
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    Honestly, I found the racial shitstorm the trailer caused more hilarious than the actual trailer.

I'm interested in episode 7, more interested then any of the past sequels/prequels anyways. I won't go seeing it in movies though, I rarely do that
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    @the_spyder Luke was Given a blue blade to start with. The blue blade was not his. The green blade however, was.
    He is some new canon: Ahsoka has white blades.
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    edited October 2015

If that will happen than
    Luke will go dark and return them to life. He would not just accept it.

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    So long as there's an end credits scene with Luke Han Chewy and Leia sitting on the millenium falcon and drinking beer I'll be happy.
    Came across these on youtube. Thought they were pretty funny :) (though I think the second one is better than the first)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFu_dxwU-sk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo7_qW4pPrc
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited October 2015
    Since mother@%#!%ing Beamdog refuses to release the mother#^@2ing game (kidding) I need to talk about the OTHER hypeworthy upcoming release....

who is ready for this movie? Who is wondering where Luke is and why he doesn't appear on many of the posters... if there is anything this forum loves it is a good conspiracy.

Discuss, bitches
    edited October 2015
    Although not a direct remake, TFA appears to be repeating many of the beats of the original trilogy, which original cast members taking over the roles of other characters.

Han Solo -> Ben Kenobi
    Leia -> General Dodanna
    Luke -> Yoda
    Chewie -> Chewie
    R2D2 and C3PO -> Gonk

The new cast members then come in and replace them

Rey = Luke
    Finn = Han
    Poe = Wedge
    BB8 = R2D2
    PZ = C3PO
    Kylo = Vader
    Hux = Tarkin
    Snoke = Palpatine

The theme seems to be "Only the Jedi and a Skywalker can save the galaxy from the Dark Side".
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    edited October 2015
    Well, the series is based around the Skywalkers so... Regardless, its not so much that only a Skywalker can save the galaxy, it is more so that the Skywalkers are the most powerful force wielders in the galaxy. Their family line is so important because for example, Anakin was never born to a mother and father, he only ever had 1 biological parent.