Skip to content

Halloween - are you dressing up this year?

the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
So, not sure how many Forumites here actually celebrate Halloween, but of those who do are you dressing up this year? If so, what are you dressing up as?

Alternately, are there any Cosplayers in the group? Do you do Cosplay for something like Halloween? Or for Conventions? What types of Cosplay do you enjoy?

For me personally, I have several choices.

1. I have a Captain America jacket, shield and helmet that I am looking to sport if the weather is right
2. I have an old "Michael Meyers" Face mast, which I am sure some of you know was actually a 'William Shatner' mask just used for the movie. So I was going to do a Genre Mash-up with "Michael Meyers" mask and Star Trek TOS Gold shirt and a big foam knife just to see if anyone got it.
3. Last year I dressed up as Harry Dresden, only no one got it and I ended up as "One of the Cowboys from Tombstone".
4. I picked up a really nice 'Punisher' shirt just recently and could do THAT as well.

What about the rest of you?
JuliusBorisovNonnahswriterTeflon

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I will wear chef clothes... does that count?
    lolienTeflon
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Forumites do actually celebrate Halloween, the previous thread was a lot of fun (and full of ideas).

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/36278/happy-halloween/
    the_spyderlolienTeflonjoluv
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Halloween isn't really official in Poland (where I happen to live), for now it is slowly getting it's way in Polish culture. I won't be dressing, I find it silly. That being said, when kids will knock on my door, dressed as something with "treat or trick" thing, I won't spoil their fun. I'll have something sweet ready for them.
    JuliusBorisovlolienTeflon
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    It would be neat to dress up as Amelyssan, Irenicus, Sarevok or something, but I have no plans.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    At Gen CON this year, I saw people dressed up as some of the Planeswalkers from Magic the Gathering. That was really refreshing to know that people enjoy those characters enough to Cosplay them and that there is a significant population that would actually recognize and appreciate costumes like that.
    JuliusBorisov
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I was a sorcerer last year. It started out as xan but I ended up not being ver true to his design. I think i actually went as "meagloth". There's pictures in the link bengoshi posted. I don't think I'm doing anything this year. I thought about being the sniper from tf2, but since I can't bring a gun to school it seem pretty pointless.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2015
    I'm not doing anything in particular (though I am looking forward to the cheap candy after Halloween :) )
    Post edited by elminster on
    Teflon
    meagloth said:

I was a sorcerer last year. It started out as xan but I ended up not being ver true to his design. I think i actually went as "meagloth". There's pictures in the link bengoshi posted. I don't think I'm doing anything this year. I thought about being the sniper from tf2, but since I can't bring a gun to school it seem pretty pointless.

Nice.

Yeah, I actually went out and purchased "Wolverine claws" with the idea that I might use them in a costume design. However the reality is that I wouldn't dare wear them out to a public bar or anything. That is just a recipe for disaster. Get in any sort of altercation (intentional or not) and they become 'Assault with a deadly weapon". Same with going to work. No way I would give HR the field day that they would have with someone showing up with 6 metal blades (no matter how dull) sticking out of his hands.

To be honest, I am almost worried that they would be illegal where I live but don't know how to go about finding out without getting arrested myself... LOL.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    I wanted to be a fairy this year, but I haven't found a good dress to go with it. D: Maybe I'll scrounge up something from the dark corners of my closet...
    JuliusBorisovlolienthe_spyder
  • XeroshiXeroshi Member Posts: 182
    i will do what i have been doing the last three years dress up as sarevok with a magical two handed sword of candy and jump out and throw candy at children
    semiticgoddessthe_spyderlolien
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    edited October 2015
    @the_spyder: I got these for Halloween a couple years ago. Not much for realism, but they get the point across without scaring people/getting you arrested.

www.amazon.com/Marvels-Wolverine-Claw-Toy/dp/B00BU7DXMO/

Edit:

I did go to a costume party recently as Mao Zedong.

But I was mistaken for Che Guevara. :(

That's a big mix-up. Did you shave?
    JuliusBorisovthe_spyder
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @joluv: I'm pretty sure the beard was the problem. My brother also said once that I looked like Castro when I was wearing the same hat.
    JuliusBorisovjoluvthe_spyder
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    I was thinking about doing something this year but I'm going to be busy all weekend with my reenactment society.
    the_spyder
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511

I wanted to be a fairy this year, but I haven't found a good dress to go with it. D: Maybe I'll scrounge up something from the dark corners of my closet...

I didn't think fairies wore dresses.

I will be a dementor.

lolien
    joluv said:

@the_spyder: I got these for Halloween a couple years ago. Not much for realism, but they get the point across without scaring people/getting you arrested.

www.amazon.com/Marvels-Wolverine-Claw-Toy/dp/B00BU7DXMO/

Those aren't the ones I got. The ones I got are actual metal and, although not sharp, could do real damage if "Used" in a threatening manner.

It's fine, I have decided to put them together in a display case and hang them on the wall so the money wasn't a complete waste.
    joluv
    Right, I was just mentioning a cheap alternative for more sensitive environments, in case you still wanted to do a Wolverine costume. The metal ones sound cool; glad you've found a place for them.
  • TuthTuth Member Posts: 233
    Last year I dressed up as a Flaming Fist guard and had a blast making the costume:

As for this year, I'll be a Ripper from an obscure MMORPG Dark Eden and I can't even find a concept art of it.
    JuliusBorisovSvarsarevok57
  • SvarSvar Member Posts: 157
    I was going to be Amelyssan, but I came up with the idea too late, so I settled for Black Widow. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that's going to happen either, because I fell down the stairs last night and messed up my foot, so I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.
    JuliusBorisovsemiticgoddess
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Svar said:

I was going to be Amelyssan, but I came up with the idea too late, so I settled for Black Widow. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that's going to happen either, because I fell down the stairs last night and messed up my foot, so I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.

You could always go as Oracle.
    SethDavisthe_spyderSvar
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I stayed at "home" ( a home away from home sort of deal) all night and played bg like a bawss, plus I ordered dominos pizza, good times
    elminsterNonnahswriterJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    sarevok57 said:

I ordered dominos pizza

That's too scary for me, even on Halloween.
    sarevok57CrevsDaak