Skip to content

Which NPC has the most personality?

semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
This might not be your favorite character--just the one you find most interesting, compelling, developed, or in some other way appealing.
  1. Which NPC has the most personality?37 votes
    1. Imoen
        5.41%
    2. Sarevok
        0.00%
    3. Jaheira
      27.03%
    4. Viconia
        8.11%
    5. Yoshimo
      10.81%
    6. Jan
      16.22%
    7. Keldorn
        8.11%
    8. Aerie
        2.70%
    9. Edwin
        5.41%
    10. Other (please indicate)
      16.22%
JuliusBorisovMoradinCrevsDaak

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I'm sorry, but I honestly think that they all do - unless you mean "which npc would get the miss congeniality crown" , then I would vote for Imoen .
    semiticgoddess
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    There are many layers that make up the enigma that is Jan Jansen. Of all the characters he seems to have the most stuff going on with him.
    semiticgoddessJuliusBorisov
  • EmpyrialEmpyrial Member Posts: 107
    For all the reasons everyone ever has already said, I like Anomen and his problematic past and character growth. I find him a compelling if jerk-ish character.
    semiticgoddessButtercheese
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    You didn't include Minsc and Boo!? D:
    JuliusBorisov
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    Vi is the truth.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137

Vi is the truth.

DJKajuruCrevsDaakSkarose
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Gallowglass: There's only room for 10 options in polls, including the "other" category. I just guessed what I thought would be the most common answers and chose 9 of them.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Demogorgon has the most personalities hands down!
    The fact that Aameul and Hethradiah, his two heads, both possess distinct egos makes him win the race with ease. Also, tentacles.
    joluv
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    I said Keldorn, though I almost went korgan.

He is pious, righteous, sincere...also racist (against drow), conflicted between duty and family, and has moral struggles. And through it all he's a boss.
    BelgarathMTH
  • Lezard_ValethLezard_Valeth Member Posts: 70
    I picked Jaheira, although I don't see why she's attracted to Khalid.

Dorn's good too.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I picked Jan as I think his personal quest shows how he uses humour to hide his true, inner emotions. I think most of us has met a person just like that in real life, in school or at work. They laugh, cheer and make jokes, but they are like clowns; showing the world a happy face, but on the inside there is turmoil.

I take my hat of for @gallowglass, as I think he/she wrote an excellent summary of many NPC's and I concur wholeheartedly.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Anomen.

I so often saw people complaining about him on every BG-related forum.

"If it makes you *feel* something against or for him, it tells he was good written". I agree with these words by @CrevsDaak from https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/32338/bg1-npc-personas-vs-bg2-npc-personalities and this is why I choose him in this poll.
    MoradinEmpyrial
    @joluv
    You must suffer.
    joluv
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
  • jesterdesujesterdesu Member Posts: 373
    Minsc is my favourite but Xzar and Monty are also really well written. Playing through with just charname and Imoen has lately given me more time for her bg1 char... The bg2 one is a bit whiney.
  • MeyahiMeyahi Member Posts: 143
    Almost voted Edwin but went with Keldorn.
    He best represents the internal struggles of what would be a very boring archetype (paladin). Compare that to Saerileth and you will understand.
    I'm not criticizing the mod, while she may be extremely stereotypical, she is 15 years old after all. It's just that her character doesn't apppeal to me.

I thought about Jaheira but she is way too patronizing to be bearable. It is the kind of person I would have hated. I'd pick Aerie or Anomen over her any day of the week.
    JuliusBorisovFenghoang
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    But @Meyahi - if you find Jaheira "way too patronizing to be bearable ... the kind of person I would have hated", then you're obviously seeing quite a lot of personality in her. The poll isn't asking whether you like the character's personality, it's asking which character conveys the most personality.
    semiticgoddessEmpyrialGrum
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    edited November 2015
    jaheira has the most meat on her, she's a really believable character. you may not like her very much but it's hard not to care for her.

also: yoshimo (a pretty developed character imo; also kinda forces you to care about him) and annoyman (most roleplayish and consequential personal quest)
    semiticgoddessbiffyclangerFenghoang
  • MeyahiMeyahi Member Posts: 143
    edited November 2015

But @Meyahi - if you find Jaheira "way too patronizing to be bearable ... the kind of person I would have hated", then you're obviously seeing quite a lot of personality in her. The poll isn't asking whether you like the character's personality, it's asking which character conveys the most personality.

I just can't believe anyone would even want to travel with her and much less marry her.
    "Yes, oh omnipresent authority figure?"
    "Nature's servant awaits."
    How annoying is that?
    Imeon and safana has more meat than Jaheira in bg1... And I actually like Jaheira. In BG 2, of course she is chock full of meaty goodness, she is a romance character after all, she still comes second to Vi though.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    This poll reminds me of a time way back...
    SkatanJuliusBorisovBelgarathMTHjesterdesu
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

He gets along with everybody ...

... although only just barely with Haer'Dalis, but they don't quite come to blows (SFAIK).

But yes, I agree that Yoshimo has a well-drawn personality, he's a worthy inclusion in the poll.