Skip to content

The Shipping Thread

ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
No, this thread is not about your local postal service or nautic traveling, it's about the non-canonical relationships between all those colourful characters that roam the Swoardcoast and beyond.

- What are your favourite ships?
- Are there any ships you hate?
- What are your headcanons on them?
- Why do you ship them?
- Anything else on the subject?

Feel free to share any fanart and fics of your ships here as well. (Don't forget to give proper credit.)
PS: Try not to name Charname X ???, that's boring.

Happy ship wars >:D
semiticgoddessJuliusBorisovNonnahswriter

Comments

• ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Alright, let me start then, my OTPs (one true pairings) are:
    - Montaron X Alora - I don't know, I simply love halflings and these two are have so much commedic and cute potential together.
    - Hexxat X Viconia - This ship sails itself.

My Crack-ships (ships that make no sense and only exist because they are funny):
    - Edwin X Xan - Uhhh ... I have no excuse ...
    - Edwin X Minsc - It started as a joke and then became a running gag.

I also ship:
    - Havarian X The pointy end of my blade
    semiticgoddessSvarJuliusBorisovNonnahswriter
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    edited November 2015
    Minsc X Boo - well, best friends for life

Crack-ship:
    Irenicus X Bodhi - quite a bloody ship, a representation of real life's marriage :smiley:
    ButtercheesesemiticgoddessJuliusBorisov
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Sometimes my playerboy warships viconia, sometimes not so much. It is a love-hate thing.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Bassilus X Mutamin - A funhouse of danger for travelers that wander too far off the path.

Neera X Kruin - They do a lot of spooning... within the frogs.

Brother Thurm X Greater Basilisk - What?! Don't blame me! They are just taking after their masters, ok?
    AbelJuliusBorisov
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Tiax x All
    semiticgoddessNonnahswriter
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Saemon Havarian X Brynnlaw has the best ship.

Also, nice boat.
    JuliusBorisov
    Tresset said:

Neera X Kruin - They do a lot of spooning... within the frogs.

Just to remind everyone who Kruin is...

Kruin is the githyanki 'wild mage' who tries to get the silver sword blade back from you once you return to Athkatla. Here is part of the dialog he has with Neera when you meet him:

Kruin- You know, being a wild mage isn't all it's cracked up to be. My mentor always said "See the spoon, see the spoon." But I only saw frogs.

Neera- The trick is to see the spoon WITHIN the frogs, duh.

Kruin- It was that simple? Ugh. Mentors!
    JuliusBorisov
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Pai'Na X Kitthix. Perhaps I should avoid elaborating.

Sarevok X Dorn would have plenty of potential. Though it'd be a rocky relationship in the long run. Two doms are a bad recipe.

Rielev X Irenicus. I apologize for nothing.

Bodhi X Valen. "You have arrived. That is fortunate. I was about to discipline Valen. Eh, perhaps I will anyway; it shows I care."

Captain Haegan X... Actually, let's not go there.

Phaere X Solaufein... Before Phaere had all the love tortured out of her. After that point, the relationship is just sad.

Keldorn X Mazzy. The relationship need not even be physical. Both are deeply goodhearted people with much empathy and shared pain.

Frightened X Yakman!
    TressetButtercheeseJuliusBorisovEmpyrial
    @semiticgod That last one is the best.
    semiticgoddess
    edited November 2015

Sarevok X Dorn would have plenty of potential. Though it'd be a rocky relationship in the long run. Two doms are a bad recipe.

Hmmmm, yes. Though Dorn doesn't strike me as a dom at all, he comes off more as a sub to me o.o
    I mean, he does take great pleassure in serving after all. Either way, hot.

Captain Haegan X... Actually, let's not go there.

I think I know where you where going with this one *wink wink* *nudge nudge*

Keldorn X Mazzy. The relationship need not even be physical. Both are deeply goodhearted people with much empathy and shared pain.

Friendships count as well! These two are simply great together, true brothers in arms!
    semiticgoddess
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Spectator X Noober. No-one else could tolerate Noober, but after all those years with those darned Imps, the Spectator found even Noober a diverting companion.

Demogorgon X Saemon Havarian. A match made where they both belong.

Viconia X Alorgoth. Obviously made for one another.

The Hidden X Lady Jysstev. Explains a lot. (But might even be canonical and therefore disqualified from this thread.)

The Hidden X Lord Jysstev. Explains even more, but it's a good thing Lady Jysstev doesn't know about it.

Xzar X Iycanth. "I wanted infravision like the elves ... but 'tis more than just taking their eyes!"
  • SvarSvar Member Posts: 157
    I have enough ships for it to almost be embarrassing. Here are a few:

Jaheira X Khalid. They obviously love each other dearly and I enjoy angst a little too much.

Minsc X Aerie. I think it's sweet the way Minsc names Aerie his new witch and they look after each other. He obviously likes and respects her a lot if he's going to do something like that so soon after losing Dynaheir.

Neera X Imoen. They're like best friends and I've always headcanoned Imoen as a lesbian, so it works nicely.

Rasaad X Viconia. Okay, hear me out on this one. I think it could be interesting, since they have banters that suggest they're each trying to persuade the other to convert. We know Viconia can be redeemed and that Rasaad sees her "inner light". Likewise, we know Rasaad is capable of getting really dark and he even says he feels Shar's umbra closing on him at one point, plus he gets super flustered by Viconia sometimes.

Hexxat X Viconia. Because it would be a shame if all that flirting came to nothing.

Sarevok X Dorn. Because it just works.

Solaufein X Happiness. He just deserves nice things, okay?

also

Xan X Happiness. Nuff said.

If I went into all my broships, we'd be here all day, but I guess I'll name my absolute favourite one.

Minsc & Rasaad. Because Minsc literally offered to take Rasaad with him back to Rashemen and introduce him to everyone as his long-lost brother and Rasaad was basically like "sounds good".
    ButtercheeseNonnahswritersemiticgoddess
  • jscohenjscohen Member Posts: 117
    I think I've also mentioned this in a different thread, but my first ever BG2 character was a half-elf swashbuckler with 17 Charisma (and 10 Constitution, but that's a different thread). Basically by accident, I ended up with an all- or almost-all-female set of companions. Something like Jaheira, Nalia, Imoen, Mazzy; I think Minsc may have been there too, but I don't remember so well any more after 13 years. My headcanon for that party was that he had a flirtatious relationship with all four of them. I finished Shadows of Amn with that group, but unfortunately I didn't make it to the end of Throne of Bhaal. I've often thought about what sort of conversation they would have had the day before the final battle.

And in the early part of the saga, pretty much every one of my PCs who visits the werewolf island ends up falling head over heels for Delainy.
    Buttercheese
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    edited November 2015
    Garrick and Imoen. I've always thought they make a cute couple. He'd be trying to woo her and serenade her, and she'd be like "*giggle* That's so cute, now shut up and come to bed ya' bufflehead."

I could also see Garrick joining Khalid and Jaheira for some hot bi action.

Buttercheese
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    From the title I actually thought this thread was about sending parcels and packages.

I'll be leaving now.
    semiticgoddessmeaglothTuthJuliusBorisov
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Saemon Havarian and the Silver Sword. You know they're meant to be together, it's the OTP.

More seriously, Skie and Garrick are pretty sweet.
    JuliusBorisov
    @Awong124

@Abi_Dalzim
    If you mean him getting impaled by it and dying a gruesome death in the process, yes.
    semiticgoddessAwong124EmpyrialJuliusBorisov