Skip to content

BG1 Unfinished Business v16.0

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited November 2015
    @Jace -

1. Sorry - I edited a .tp2 file in which I'd been fixing bugs in Scar's quest identified by @swit. I forgot that I'd tra-ified the Mal-Kalen component name (for when I get translations). It's just the component name, so it should not affect anything in-game.

2. Thanks! Fixed.

3. Is it the name of the creature that shows as "invalid" or an attack line like the breath attack?

4. Down in the valley by the bridge pylons - at night.
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
  • JaceJace Member Posts: 193

3. Is it the name of the creature that shows as "invalid" or an attack line like the breath attack?

It's the name.

@AstroBryGuy I can't seem to able to break any scripts. The new components seem to work perfectly. I'm a bit bothered by the journal entry for killing Svlast myself though.

"An ex-paladin by the name of Svlast is being hunted by the spirit of his brother in the faith, whom he wrongfully killed. I gave the creature what it wants."

The last sentence feels awkward. I think, at least, "want" should be "wanted", and maybe expand the sentence a bit by saying something like "...by killing the fallen paladin myself." Nothing too fancy.

It would be nice if Unshey's new dialogue could be triggered regardless of who speaks to him (only the cursed person itself can initiate that dialogue), but that's nitpicking probably.

Nothing else to report.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll add your text to the journal entry.

I'll have another look at the Unshey dialog. Since this is at the FAI, you can have the party members spread across the floors. Should the cursed person be on the same floor as Unshey for the dialog to trigger? (i.e., does the dialog still make sense if the cursed party member is at the bar while CHARNAME talks to Unshey?)

Eh, didn't think of that. I guess it would be weird if Unshey took your word for it without seeing the cursed person in... person.

Well, the dialogue says "...one of us put it in...", so maybe you could change it so that the cursed character refers to itself in the first person ("...I put it in...") and not touch the script at all?
    That works. I'll make the gabber's dialog refer specifically to themselves.

• SelisSelis Member Posts: 11
    You probably didn't use the fixed version, Mal-Kalen's .tp2 has a small bug that has the wrong path to the .tra file. Pretty sure it's solution is what I wrote earlier.
    BG1UB v14.0 beta 2015-11-27

https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/bg1ub/releases/tag/v14.0_beta_151127

Bugfix release

* Scar's quest fix for BGEE
    * Mal-Kalen & Svlast encounter journal entry updates
    * Tweaks for restored Unshey dialog
    * Fixes for Svlast & Mal-Kalen encounter on BG1:TotSC
    * Bugfix for Lahl dialog corrections on BGT, Tutu, BG1:TotSC
    hook71JuliusBorisov
    @AstroBryGuy Thanks for the update, but for me, the Snow Golems' names are still shown as INVALID: 63354. Occassionally, something in the combat log appears as INVALID: 63355, but I can't tell what it is. I'm confident it's not the breath though.
    Odd. The string references definitely got assigned at install (the Snow Golem CREs are just modified Flesh Golem CREs, so the base file still has the original string references). Are you using a save game created on a previous installtion?
    @AstroBryGuy Yeah, I'm using the save file I posted some pages ago when I first broke your script. It seemed rather convenient to use that...
    That's likely it. The CREs in the save game have string references to DIALOG.TLK entries that don't exist on your current install.
  • sandrolsandrol Member Posts: 31
    edited December 2015
    Hi AstroBryGuy
    A question.
    I have the next mods installed
    UFB BGEE
    SCS2
    IWDnutifcation
    BG1NPC v21 and BG1NPC Music Pack v6
    Dark Horizons
    How should i install those mods with minimum bugs conflicts
    thanks.
    sandrol said:

Hi AstroBryGuy
    A question.
    I have the next mods installed
    UFB BGEE
    SCS2
    IWDnutifcation
    BG1NPC v21 and BG1NPC Music Pack v6
    Dark Horizons
    How should i install those mods with minimum bugs conflicts
    thanks.

I assume this is on BGEE.

Dark Horizons (don't really know - I don't use this mod, but quest mods would generally go before BG1NPC and BG1UB)
    BG1NPC
    BG1NPC Music Pack
    BG1UB
    IWDification
    SCS (note you want SCS, SCS2 is not BGEE compatible)
    brunardosandrolMusigny
    Thank you !!! :smile:
    Musigny
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    edited December 2015
    i will download it and give it a try.
    i always preferred to install manually and learn from mistakes, thanks for the link, i will write a response after i check it out.
    Best regards.
    @hook71 - Thanks!
    elminsterMusignyhook71JuliusBorisov
  • SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
    Any info about relasedate of final version of UB v14?
    Sikorsky said:

Any info about relasedate of final version of UB v14?

I think it's about ready, except that the new content is currently English-only.

BG1UB has translations for German, Spanish, French, Italian, Polish, and Russian. Anyone who would like to help with that would be appreciated.

New lines:
    setup.tra (DOS encoding only):
    /* new v14 */
    @4000 = ~Nim Furlwing Encounter~
    @4100 = ~Restored Elfsong Tavern Movie~
    @4101 = ~This component is not compatible with BGEE. A BGEE-compatible version of this movie is included with the mod BG:EE Classic Movies.~
    @4200 = ~Svlast, the Fallen Paladin Encounter~
    @4300 = ~Mal-Kalen, the Ulcaster Ghost~
    bg1ub.tra:
    // Ice Island Level 2 Restoration
    @1001 = ~Snow Golem~
    @1002 = ~Snow Golem Breath~

// Nim Furlwing Encounter
    @4001 = ~Nim Furlwing~
    @4002 = ~Hunting Dog~
    And then new files: ubmalkal.tra, ubnimfur.tra, ubsvlast.tra, ubunshey.tra
    Musigny
  • agb1agb1 Member Posts: 249
    edited January 2016
    Edit: removed question about UB for BG2 (wrong thread)

More relevant - just for awareness - http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27782
    AstroBryGuyMusigny
    agb1 said:

Edit: removed question about UB for BG2 (wrong thread)

More relevant - just for awareness - http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27782

Thanks @agb1! I've tried to code up a solution for that. I hope it's compatible with Item Randomisation.
    Musigny
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    @AstroBryGuy French translation is under review and should be approved shortly. I'll probably use GitHub to submit it.
    MusignyAstroBryGuy
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    The Italian translation is almost ready :)
    MusignyAstroBryGuy
    @Isaya, @Aedan - You rock!
    MusignyAedan
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    @AstroBryGuy I sent you a pull request on GitHub to fetch the updated French translation.

After I sent it, I reminded muself I should have checked the files using the same tool that allowed me to notice a few issues in the german translation of BG1 NPC Project. Fortunately, there are not many issues but still one (in the spanish translation).
    In file espanol\extra_tmp.tra, there are two strings with number @20175. The second on is in English and it is likely that it will be used in game instead for the spanish one. Please remove it. Thank you.
    @Isaya - Thanks!
    edited January 2016
    Hey everyone!

OK, I've prepped a new beta - there were a few bugs with the Mal-Kalen encounter and the Unshey dialog that I've hopefully squashed.

My goal is to make a non-beta v14 soon, but I never seem to think of all the ways to break my code :wink:. So, I'm putting out a (hopefully) final beta to let the tires get kicked one last time.

https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/bg1ub/releases/tag/v14.0_beta_160124

Changes in this release:
    * Updates/Fixes for the Mal-Kalen Encounter
    * Fix for duplicated actions in OUBLEK.D - Prism and the Emeralds component
    * Fix for incompatibility between restored Unshey dialog and Item Randomiser - Minor Dialogs component
    * Correcting a few .tra file typos/errors
    * Updated French translation for new content!

Thanks to everyone who has contributed ideas, code, translations, and bug reports!
    Hudzyhook71