Skip to content

Shandyr's weight loss thread

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited December 2015 in Off-Topic
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on
deltagoNonnahswritersemiticgoddessAwong124ShadowHunterAnduinJuliusBorisovlolienOudynSethDavisdok0zhivagolunarDJKajuruRelSundan

Comments

• brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    I like your diet. I also struggle with weight loss.
    Personally, I think that gym could do you good.
    After the Christmas, I was thinking going to gym every day for an hour and make it routine.
    There is serious threat to live a life only sitting generally. My doctor told me that. Cardiovascular system is in major risk.
    lolien
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    You can lose weight without exercising, however, you will eventually plateau regardless of how much you cut out (unless you start to starve yourself, then you lose muscle mass which is bad).

Exercise isnt that hard to accomplish either. Just by walkimg everywhere and taking stairs instead of elevators can help shed some weight.

But the best thing for weight loss is the proper mindset for it. You need to want to and you need to put in the work to better yourself.
    killerrabbitJuliusBorisovlolien
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    If your goal is to be healthy, do not avoid exercise. If your goal is to prove a point, check your priorities.
    semiticgoddessmeaglothAedan
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    FinneousPJNonnahswritersemiticgoddesslolien
    Well, if it is just food, i'd drop the ordinary cold cuts, for unprocessed meat like chicken and turkey. This will drastically cut down on your sodium intake.
    FinneousPJ[Deleted User]
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    It's not impossible to lose weight without exercising, it's impossible to lose any reasonable amount of fat. You might as well chop off a leg and say you lost weight.
    sarevok57
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    the irony is, its so much easier to lose weight with exercise, and co-incedently its actually much better for you to do it that way, for me, I love exercise ( well at least weightlifting) I weight lift 6 times a week and now its just habit for me, and every time I finish, it feels awesome, my opinion on the easiest exercise without even thinking is get an exercise bike ( treadmills I find never work) and any time you are gaming, go biking at the same time, you don't even need to put it to a high setting, in fact you wont even realize you are biking when you are gaming, and you will be doing your body a huge favor, now I know the whole point of this as you say is to lose weight without exercise to see if its possible, and yes it can be, but the human was made for, and trust me if you exercise everyday, it will just become habit, and you will like it
    FinneousPJ
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    atrophy =/= (healthy)weight loss

Thats said I'm basically at the place you're wanting to be. I don't work out, I don't play sports, and I in general hat exercise. Sure, I get some exercise every now and then but not much really. I'm 55kilos.
    I'm also pretty weak and squishy, and occasionally anemic, though thats from nose bleeds.

So just know what your getting into. If you're losing weight to be healthy, then you should at exercise. If you're not losing weight to be healthy, then why are you doing this at all?
    FinneousPJ
    edited December 2015
    Of course there is merit to eating healthy even if not exercising. You're being a child. The point is if your goal is to lead a healthy life, do add exercise. It doesn't have to be gym if you don't like it. Maybe try yoga.
    [Deleted User]
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Eating healthy food is wonderful and all, but eating less than your organism requires is anything but healthy, especially if done overnight and without any clue about how the body functions. Your cognitive abilities will slow down, your metabolism will slow down and if you overdo it, you can develop insulin resistance, which is no fun at all and is in fact at odds with your final goal.

So before you decide to bluntly reduce the amount of food you eat, I suggest consulting with a proper dietologist to understand the underlying processes in your organism. The whole thing isn't as simple as "eat less, lose weight", there's so much stuff going on, you will never make the right decisions without knowing how it really works.
    BelgarathMTHsemiticgoddessNonnahswriterFinnTheHuman
    Eating healthy is beneficial in othet ways, not just weight loss, so you should keep doing it regardless.

Exercise isn't just pumping iron at the gym or running 3 km a day. It can be things much simpler than that. Just being active is a form of exercise. You're burning energy instead of storing it.

Fear of what others think isn't an ideal reason to attempt to lose weight (or do anything for that matter). You need to do it for yourself, you need to feel good about your choices, or it will just lead to stress and anxiety.

And I bet at least one of those bullies have packed on the pounds through out the years so karma.
    FinneousPJsemiticgoddess[Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
    @BelgarathMTH Sorry, I get that you said "healthy" to perhaps imply what I'm saying but I would like to emphasize to anyone reading that your relationship with food and exercise wasn't healthy at any point in your life per that story. I'm sorry you experienced that, but you could (should) still strive for good health even after that bad experience. You see, starving yourself and then binging is very much an eating disorder and not eating healthy.
    BelgarathMTHNonnahswritermoody_mage
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited December 2015
    You can probably lose a bunch of weight just by completely cutting out carbs alone. At some point a couple of years ago, I decided to eat less rice and I lost over 10 lbs within 3 or 4 months. I wasn't even intending to lose weight, but just getting a bit tired of rice. I didn't even have very much weight to lose to begin with. The weight loss was so sudden that I actually thought something was wrong, and I went to see the doctor. So you might find some success with this.
    FinneousPJ[Deleted User]

I used to diet based on calories because I wanted to get down from 150 to 140.

Is that kg or lbs?

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    BelgarathMTH
    @Shandyr Originally I believe it only means the second one. That's why knowledgeable people frown upon "fad diets".
    [Deleted User]
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @FinneousPJ: Pounds. If I was 150 kilograms at my height, then weight loss would be my top priority--that much weight would kill me.
    FinneousPJ
    @semiticgod Jeez you are tiny. Are you sure you needed to lose weight haha?
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @FinneousPJ: I'm 5'4", which is a little shorter than the average American woman (I'm a man). 140 pounds would be the normal healthy weight at that height.
    FinneousPJ
    @semiticgod Oh I see. Yes, I was assuming you were a man (as everyone on the internet is), but yeah you have short frame. I guess depending on your build you were a bit overweight. Good job on your weight loss. It's funny on your frame 10 lbs is quite significant, but I'm sure there are posters here who can eat 10 lbs in one meal and are over 6' crouching lol.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    This is a ruse...

We all know of the mass vegicide atrocities you have commited!

As for diets. I have never been on one, as I do not need to be on one. Just blessed I guess.

However, I do seem to eat in an 8 hour window during the day. This seems to have some beneficial effect?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2857829/Want-lose-weight-Eat-food-eight-hour-time-frame-NEVER-snack-night.html

Also, as a teacher, I am forced to eat at regular times. I don't know. Still want the reason being I am just blessed...
    [Deleted User]FinnTheHuman
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I have more problems with children malnourished.

In the school as a whole, we have a few children that could be classed as carrying 'puppy fat' I suppose, but bullying is not tolerated.

One time offences are dealt there and then and recorded, with parents knowing it has been recorded. This stamps out a lot of unsociable behaviour.

Pupil places are at a premium, and there are not enough school places for all the children. If a child acts in such a way they need to learn, and there parents need to learn that they will lose their place and will need to find a new school.

Not saying that we stop being vigilant. The child that keeps it to themselves, is the one that ends up being mentally tortured. We teach lots of lessons about seeking help and dealing with difficult situations.

So. To sum it up. We treat it very seriously now. I say now, as it was not always the case.
    [Deleted User]lolien[Deleted User]
This discussion has been closed.