Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    i appeal for release date of Sod before Christmas break.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    I seriously doubt that's going to happen.

If IWD:EE's release is any indication, we're going to get both the date announcement and the release in a small time window. As in, "we're done, it's ready, it's coming out [later this month/early next month] and you can place your order starting now."

As for when, I'm secretly hoping for Q1 2016 while expecting Q2 in order to avoid being like this:

Gallowglass
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    wojtek said:

i appeal for release date of Sod before Christmas break.

Sure, shouldn't be a problem. Christmas break 2016 it is.
  • MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 243
    Cluas said:

Chickens? Wauw

That's my question! Chicken jokes aren't funny! ... Well, unless a Chicken is making them.
    CluasCrevsDaaklolien
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    ... er ... Melicamp, give us a hand here, please ...
    CluasCrevsDaak
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    It's funny but some of the fun was lost in translation.
    JuliusBorisovlolienNimranAnduin
    Dee said:

Sorry, sorry! Here's a much less fowl joke, also told by chickens, but translated into English for the sake of preserving my integrity as site admin:

Chicken A: Why did the human cross the road?
    Chicken B: I don't know, why?
    Chicken A: Who can say? Humans are weird, man.

Chicken A: Why did the human suddenly change his mind and run back again?
    Chicken B: I don't know, why?
    Chicken A: Who can say? Humans are wired, man.
    JuliusBorisovbrusCrevsDaak
    bengoshi said:

What does change the nature of a chicken?

Find all that in latest release of "Chickenscape: Torment"

JuliusBorisovGallowglassCrevsDaakAnduin
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Everyone is welcome to read the latest interview with the developers in the Dragon+ magazine. I've posted the screenshots in the what's known thread. Now will post the Glint's story.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @bengoshi I removed the screenshots you posted; Dragon+ is a free publication that I encourage people to grab if they're interested in reading the interview and the short story, but it's probably* better not to post that content here directly. Copyright and what-not.

(* I'll double-check on this, but for the moment it's better safe than sorry.)
    elminsterJuliusBorisovCrevsDaaklolien
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Personally I find that it never wants to load on my phone :)

(its what I get for having a cheap smartphone)
    edited December 2015
    Post edited by brus on
    JuliusBorisovlolienAnduin
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    In other news, an update on translations:

So, there will be translations, at least a French one :)
    Huskarl2006CrevsDaaklolien
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    elminster said:

BillyYank said:

bengoshi said:

What does change the nature of a chicken?

11 herbs and spices.
    And a colonel to masterfully blend them.
    And a hungry forumite to eat them.
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaaklolienNimran
  • CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
    I'm sorry I even mentioned chickens : o
    CrevsDaakYupImMadBroNimran
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    edited December 2015
    So, the name of the Shining Lady is Caelar Argent. Caelar is probably based on the roman god Caelus (counterpart of the greek god Uranus).

"Caelus or Coelus was a primal god of the sky in Roman myth and theology, iconography, and literature (compare caelum, the Latin word for "sky" or "the heavens", hence English "celestial"). The deity's name usually appears in masculine grammatical form when he is conceived of as a male generative force, but the neuter form Caelum is also found as a divine personification".
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caelus

So I'm 90% certain by now that she's a celestial. 70% certain she's an angel. 60% certain she's a Solar.
    Post edited by Vitor on
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    @Vitor - perhaps you might also have mentioned that Argent means "silver" (from Latin argentum) or "money" (in French).

I reckon you're deluding yourself about her being a Solar (etc.), but that's already been discussed in another thread. You could just as easily interpret Caelar Argent as meaning "silver ruler of the sky" and therefore conclude that she's a Silver Dragon. (But no, I don't think that's likely either, since a Silver Dragon would be almost as OP as a Solar.)

We'll find out what she actually is when we see the game, but I'll bet that she turns out to be something more level-appropriate.
    lolien
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    Argent also does mean "silver" in French, and in this context, it definitely means silver.
    CrevsDaak
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    Sure. Argent does mean Silver, but doesn't mean "Dragon". The region of the Silver Marches is an example that not everthing that has silver in it is necessarily a Silver Dragon. The Argent Legion, for example, is a famous army of Silverymoon.

The Shining Lady can be a lot of things. But she almost certainly is somekind of a Paladin, since it's stated she's a "Charismatic Warrior" and that "Fight against demons"). Despite that, her red face really ressemble the Solar as portrayed in the 5E Monster Manual (Baldur's Gate has a tradition in having absurdly stronger final bosses than your party level, so it's not impossible).

Furthermore, in BG series we have fought dragons, tanar'ris, but never angels. An Angel as a final boss would be one of the few remaining options to innovate. So, that's another motive I have to seriously considere that. Definetely Beamdog wants to give us something new for the main antagonist, since the Shinning Lady seems to be the most valuable jewel of the expansion Siege of Dragonspear.
    lolien
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    IMO, chance of silver lady being a celestial = 0.0001%

I would lay better odds on her being a chicken.
    lolienNimran