Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Ooooh!

Maybe they need a proof reader...

I could even assign it a level and send it for moderation...
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311

"We'll check back again at the end of the month with more news, content, and sale announcements."

hmm silence, beamdog can't even fulfill own promise written in newsletter?
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    Well, they didn't say the end of which month.
    edited December 2015

I posted this in the "Poor communication with customer" thread but I'll repost here. I intended to send out a newsletter at the end of the month and I didn't. The reason is because the December news isn't finalized yet and I didn't want to release a newsletter that said "we might be doing something next month, we don't know yet for sure.".

So you gave your customers promise about giving information regarding: news, content and sale announcements, and reschedule it to december don't know when. It's unprofessional and it's not a first time. When you say something you will do, you should do. It's a respect for your customers, not another execuse. Sorry for be niggling, but it's really a problem for beamdog.

• Amber_ScottAmber_Scott Member Posts: 513
    You don't have to apologize for being niggling. I agree with you, it was careless of me and shouldn't have happened. I'll do better.
    Ok, so will we get for sure info about release of SOD in december?
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239

No, I never promised any info about SoD.

Oy gevalt.

Look, it's down to wording. "Work continues on SoD, we'll be back at the end of the month with more news" very much implies that the latter sentence is connected to the former. If that's not what you mean to say, say it more clearly next time.
  • AtapaAtapa Member Posts: 13

Great summary!

I have a question: If adventure Y is set between the current games, won't it mess up the xp-scaling for BG2:EE? I remember the devs used the start of BG2:EE as an argument against raising the xp-cap in BG:EE.

How do you guys think they will solve that regarding adventure y?

I too am very curious as to how they will handle the xp scaling. It would be nice to be able to play from BGEE, then to adventure Y, and onto BG2EE and TOB without being overpowered. If that isn't the case, I really think they should have made an expansion to ToB.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    We need a new thread.

All you wanted to know about the Newsletter.
  • AtapaAtapa Member Posts: 13
    Found the newsletter. Thank you.
  • SkaroseSkarose Member Posts: 247
    My only complaint is all the people developing SoD are also geeks and fanboyz/fangirlz. They should be aware of all the fun we have speculating and getting excited with each snippet and drabble of information we get until launch date. With the delay in projected release date, they should occasionally/regularly throw chum in our water. Heck it could be the release of scribbled notes or a crazy sketch on a napkin with some sort of cryptic, enigmatic explanation.

"The final boss might be a little tougher than we intended..."image

I'm not angry about there is not being weird off the wall content being released as teasers every month, but it just seems to me it could have been a bit of fun that shouldn't have take any real time away from development/debugging etc. I would hope as sci-fi and fantasy enthusiast/geeks, the team could have had a spot of fun with this. I know the pressure project members put on themselves and each other (Even if they are trying not to, "We'll release it when it's done !"etc)

~A customer, a geek and a true fan!

We need a new thread.

All you wanted to know about the Newsletter.

the only reason we don't speak about sod, is that there is not news about this game, which were supposed to be,

Yes, they are unprofessional, and I, for one, am grateful for that. "Professional" is EA "customers are sheep to be fleeced".

Give me dedicated amateurs any day.

obsidian is dedicated and professional

• brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    edited December 2015
    I wouldn't be so crude to them. I'm sure they're cooking something for us in upcoming weeks.
    Post edited by brus on
    i am not crude, i am just saying about fulfilling promises, that's all, i hope they cooking something good, waiting for this veeeery long, it must be good :)
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    edited December 2015

obsidian is dedicated and professional

I know everything Obsidian publish is released full game breaking of bugs, but I wouldn't be so harsh as to call them "professional".

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    bengoshi said:

@Melicamp :) Tastes like chicken!

"Where's the beef?"
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156

bengoshi said:

@Melicamp :) Tastes like chicken!

"Where's the beef?"
    Salmon might think that was a joke.
  • CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
    Chickens? Wauw
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Are wizards of the coast checking everything first... Is that the hold up? News usually comes thick and fast, but only on approval. The forgotten realms is not owned by Beamdog...

*speculate, speculate, speculate*

Maybe they know something...

Or... Most likely... I'm completely and utterly wrong on every level... Wouldn't be the first time and it wont be the last...
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    I would like to add this to the update in the closed news thread (because it is not the official words, but my own view).

Amber Scott: I don't have fresh approved assets (like screenshots) to share right away, and I don't know if I can get any this month (like us, WotC has a lot of Christmas crunch going on and people being away for holidays so December is a difficult time to get anything approved).

We see that it's hard to get any assets like screenshots in December, and assets must precede the game, which very much means nothing else than a confirmation there will be no surprise release of SoD in 2015.

Amber Scott: "Andrew Foley, Phillip Daigle and Amber Scott got together and brainstormed some ideas. They decided they'd write one piece each for the four new NPCs in SoD.

Andrew took Glint as the first character to write about.

So there will be more stories coming in the future!"

I think it reads as the next Dragon+ Issues (after the December's one) will have stories about other SoD characters.

And WotC released one Issue in November and will release one Issue in December, which leads me to understanding it can be no faster than one issue per month.

These stories about SoD characters (which to me look like an alternative to Candlekeep stories about first EE characters in BGEE, the alternative mentioned by the developers some time ago) should be released before the actual release of SoD, of course (so that everyone could discuss them before seeing them in action).

So, we surely have at least several months till the SoD release (at least 4 months, each month per each SoD NPC's story).
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    edited December 2015
    Ergo, don't expect SoD before April 2016.
  • TorinTorin Member Posts: 229
    Fardragon said:

Ergo, don't expect SoD before April 2016.

I am sure they will finally tell us the release date one April 1st.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    There's no reason why these stories couldn't be published after the expansion is released.

Not that I think it's actually coming out before April, but there you go.