Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    edited December 2015
    Torin said:

Fardragon said:

Ergo, don't expect SoD before April 2016.

I am sure they will finally tell us the release date one April 1st.
    this is really a joke.. beamdog please annouce that game will be released in 2050. It will be honest from your side. If the game is earlier, we all will be happy. This all "it will be released when it''s done" phrase is a little to much, after nearly half a year since the annoucement of the trailer. After all this time, i think you can give us a approximate date, to done speculating. If not, this is really weird.

ps: i know this is provocative, but it's true

isgorath1
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Fardragon said:

I think most marketing gurus would recommend building the hype BEFORE you release the product...

Promotion doesn't end immediately after your product is released.
    [Deleted User]
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    Will Drizzt appear in the game?
    wojtekCrevsDaak
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    I just noticed something:

The Shinning Lady looks a lot like a Solar Angel!
    imageimage
    brusAnduinJuliusBorisov
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    brus said:

No, because that'd mess up the continuity-dialogue when you meet him again in BG2. The BG2 dialogue allows for the possibility that you previously met him when he was fighting gnolls in BG1, but not for having met again since then.
    mlnevesebrus
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    @Vitor ,if indeed Shinning lady is angel creature, because she's without wings this could hint various implications such as fallen solar, "stripped-wings" solar or self-excised solar following her's agenda.
    Vitor
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    sidequests are anything that doesn't need to be completed to further the story or finish the game.

So investigating the mines would be a primary quest, returning kylee's dagger would be a subquest even though it is extremely short and part of the primary quest.
    lolien
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Yep, I counted fetch quests.
    deltago said:

sidequests are anything that doesn't need to be completed to further the story or finish the game.

That definition might not help as much as you imply, when it comes to agreeing an exact count.

As @Adul has said (above), some people would include various set-piece attacks by assassins as "side-quests", but he hasn't counted those. Take the attack by Karlat at the Red Sheaf in Beregost - is it a "side-quest" to defeat him? By your definition I guess it should be counted, since it's certainly not necessary ever to enter the Red Sheaf and meet him.

The problem in precisely defining a "side-quest" is not so much the issue of how to define "side-", it's more a matter of what counts as a "-quest".
    Adul
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    For me, a side quest is something not part of the main storyline, but still goes in the quest journal with it's own heading. So those things like assassination attempts aren't side quests, just encounters. Even if they have a quest entry, it's usually as part of another quest or just a "general stuff that happened" entry.
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisovdunbarAdul
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    They have soundclips... They recorded them... Me wants to listen to them... pleeaaase...
    lolien
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477

brus said:

No, because that'd mess up the continuity-dialogue when you meet him again in BG2. The BG2 dialogue allows for the possibility that you previously met him when he was fighting gnolls in BG1, but not for having met again since then.
    And besides, why would Drizzt come back to the Sword Coast after traveling a long way to Icewind Dale?

brus said:

And besides, why would Drizzt come back to the Sword Coast after traveling a long way to Icewind Dale?
    He misplaced his swords and is tracking them down.
    Anduinlolien
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    You mean we helped him misplace his swords.
    AnduinFlashburn
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Does whatever it is that Gollum-in-a-bad-wig is holding require batteries?
    AbelCrevsDaak
    edited December 2015
    Now that we have clearer portraits (thanks, @bengoshi!), I think we also have an answer to the question about whether the description of Captain Corwin as an "archer" meant a Ranger kitted as an Archer or a Fighter using ranged proficiencies.

The armour in her portrait definitely looks metallic to me, in which case she can't be an Archer kit.
    Post edited by Gallowglass on
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    edited December 2015
    I hope that there are demons in Dragonspear castle from the interplanar-gate beneath the ruins.
  • SkaroseSkarose Member Posts: 247
    I will point out in all the game screen shots captured so far, Captain Corwin always appears to be wearing some sort of leather armor. Just saying...
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    Maybe as captain of the Flaming Fist she's wearing some kind of ceremonial plate armor, and when the time comes to go against Shining Lady with Charname, she prefers to wear something more comfortable?
    lolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I just hope it could be a personal item, a personal studded leather with unique attributes. Something like DEX +3.
    Skaroselolien
    bengoshi said:

I just hope it could be a personal item, a personal studded leather with unique attributes. Something like DEX +3.

Only if her base dex is like 15, would I accept that.

RodrianCrevsDaak
  • YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
    Sigh, I have nothing to contribute. I just want new news.
    wojtek