Skip to content

Your Greatest Facepalm Moment?

Share your greatest Facepalm Moment in Baldur's Gate !

Leaving Candlekeep the second time knowing the guards will turn on me and killing them is not advisable i stuffed my Spellbook full of Group invisibility ... a short Visit in Sorcerous Sundries to sell some junk before making my way through baldur's gate itself and solving that problem , now that im free to move again i wanted to clear my inventory out but ..no Halbazzar Drin far and wide....resting reloading and googling gave no solution until i remembered that i cast Invisibility right next to him ... a dispel magic revealed that i Hide him from myself...
GreenWarlockRaduzielsarevok57wraith5641[Deleted User]JuliusBorisovsimplesCaptRoryCrevsDaakButtercheeseCamus34CARV3RdunbarNonnahswritertbone1Mantis37lolienProontSkatanbooinyoureyesMalicron

Comments

• EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    Sikorsky said:

After 15 years of playing I discover a new place in game. I just want my assasin to hide behind the building and I enter the new area by accident. Inside there was a bandit with little dialog. Did anyone of you find that place? Or other "hidden" entrance like that. ScrnShot below.

Thanks for sharing this! First time seeing it myself, and like you, with many years invested in the game.
    QbertCaptRoryMagpieRandoms
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Grum said:

Made a character for dual wielding. Left candlekeep and realized that he had ** in single weapon style.

I made a paladin and planned to give him a 2-handed sword. I checked his character screen just before buying weapons and saw that the pip was in two-weapon style.

@Sikorsky I just found that place a couple of months ago on my last BG1 play-through, I think I was moving the mouse around and just happened to see the door icon.
    GrumCrevsDaakMontresor_SP
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421

Neera color spraying my solo char during her fight.

the whole reason i hate her to Bits... normally i go Bergeost and rush through it and the temple map with oil of speed and a rk0 potion to get my CHARNAME to lvl 3-4, and suddenly this cow is blocking me off , FORCING me on lvl 1 alone into a fight and knocking me over so the thief's just eat me alive...3 bloody times in a row. i took her in my group only once to get a Gem Bag after reading she had the only one in BG1. not to mention her Voice makes me more violent than Imoens.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

Neera color spraying my solo char during her fight.

the whole reason i hate her to Bits... normally i go Bergeost and rush through it and the temple map with oil of speed and a rk0 potion to get my CHARNAME to lvl 3-4, and suddenly this cow is blocking me off , FORCING me on lvl 1 alone into a fight and knocking me over so the thief's just eat me alive...3 bloody times in a row. i took her in my group only once to get a Gem Bag after reading she had the only one in BG1. not to mention her Voice makes me more violent than Imoens.
    And if you do decide to fight for her, as solo, when a few levels up, she complains about you not having more people in your group.

Can't stand her.

CrevsDaakQuartz
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    BillyYank said:

Grum said:

Made a character for dual wielding. Left candlekeep and realized that he had ** in single weapon style.

I made a paladin and planned to give him a 2-handed sword. I checked his character screen just before buying weapons and saw that the pip was in two-weapon style.
    I did that EXACT thing years ago in SoA

JuliusBorisovCaptRoryCrevsDaak
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660

Share your greatest Facepalm Moment in Baldur's Gate !

Leaving Candlekeep the second time knowing the guards will turn on me and killing them is not advisable i stuffed my Spellbook full of Group invisibility ... a short Visit in Sorcerous Sundries to sell some junk before making my way through baldur's gate itself and solving that problem , now that im free to move again i wanted to clear my inventory out but ..no Halbazzar Drin far and wide....resting reloading and googling gave no solution until i remembered that i cast Invisibility right next to him ... a dispel magic revealed that i Hide him from myself...

I don't think I've ever found Group Invisibility in BG. Where did you get it?
    @bengoshi Thanks! Never found one and I'm just about done the game; I'm actually at the point where you need to sneak around or run away from all the guards.
    JuliusBorisov
    CaptRory said:

@bengoshi Thanks! Never found one and I'm just about done the game; I'm actually at the point where you need to sneak around or run away from all the guards.

yes found it randomly , started as cleric 7 then dualed to mage , until then i hoarded all scrolls i would find in my scrolls box and then just stock up in high hedge and baldurs gate on what i didn't have :)

CaptRory said:

yes found it randomly , started as cleric 7 then dualed to mage , until then i hoarded all scrolls i would find in my scrolls box and then just stock up in high hedge and baldurs gate on what i didn't have :)
    Nice. :smiley:

It looks like I'm going to have to go old school and beat them all unconscious with my fists then run away like a dirty coward.
    CaptRory said:

CaptRory said:

It looks like I'm going to have to go old school and beat them all unconscious with my fists then run away like a dirty coward.
    you still can use invisibility for a single person and just enchant your group one by one , they stay invisible if you turn off the AI .. and only talk with your mage and then just reapply it on him , spell lasts 24 hours and a basic mage has 3 spell slots so he can enchants the group with one resting and after a second he can do 3 conversations.

Or you pick up BAELOTH .. as sorcerer you can pick with him invis 10 meter after a single level up ( he starts at lvl 6 with 40k xp and levels up at 60 k alowing you one lvl 1-3 spell of your chosing
    JuliusBorisovCaptRory

CaptRory said:

CaptRory said:

you still can use invisibility for a single person and just enchant your group one by one , they stay invisible if you turn off the AI .. and only talk with your mage and then just reapply it on him , spell lasts 24 hours and a basic mage has 3 spell slots so he can enchants the group with one resting and after a second he can do 3 conversations.

Or you pick up BAELOTH .. as sorcerer you can pick with him invis 10 meter after a single level up ( he starts at lvl 6 with 40k xp and levels up at 60 k alowing you one lvl 1-3 spell of your chosing
    I was considering the single use invisibilities; between Imoen and Neera I have enough castings. Baeloth is a GREAT solution if I weren't running a 6 man party already.