Skip to content

Shandyr's weight loss thread

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Ahahahahaha :joy::joy::joy::joy:

You're such a troll :trollface:

No cakes, biscuits and sweet things for the time being! I feel so better now that I am getting slim again!
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
  • IcecreamtubIcecreamtub Member Posts: 547
    @Shandyr
    No exercise?! So that means we can't... Nooooooooo!!! Tell me it's not true!! ;~;

On a serious note, I am so proud of you Shandy<3333
    You do you and bathe in your DETERMINATION and positivity! <3
    [Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • j_simpsonj_simpson Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2016
    Hey everyone,
    Weight loss is becoming a really sensitive issue these days. Now a days its not only about physical health. It effects mentally and emotionally too.

One of my known was tortured so much during her college days due to her obesity that she attempted to commit suicide. That was really insane and the worst situation I've ever come across...!!!!

And in my opinion weight loss pills are a a good way to loose weight. This is what my tried out. They act as a perfect fat burners and appetite suppressors. One may suffer from stomach problems and dizziness in the beginning. But as you start taking them religiously, they can do wonders for you.

But always go for the one that is made up of natural products and don'y contain drugs like caffeine as they can cause further deterioration in health. Another thing that weight loss supplements are helpful in providing you the essential nutrients that your body needs daily, so that you eat less. Also they burn the fat that is already stored in you body.

You can not use them as substitute to daily workout. If you use weight loss supplements along with some daily exercise everyday, it can be really useful for you. Here exercise doesn't mean that you need to do heavy and tough exercises. Light workout, walking, jogging, jumping is enough.

Hope this helps. :smiley:

Post edited by Metalloman on
    FinneousPJ
    edited March 2016
    For your very kind info this ain't a spam...
    [Deleted User]
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Actually, with the advertising, it is spam.
    [Deleted User]
    FinneousPJ
    Hey,
    I won't have replied to your previous comment if i would have been a spam bot. And i guess i do not need to prove that am a human.
    BTW the name of Minsc's pet is Boo... :wink:
    [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Metalloman
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    @j_simpson happy to see that you're human, but I have to kindly ask you to edit your post and remove that link that, unfortunately, is against the forum rules.

To edit your post just hover your mouse cursor on your post: you'll notice a gear icon on the top-right corner of that post.
    Click on it and select "edit", then edit the post and click on "apply".

If you have any doubt, feel free to PM me.
    [Deleted User]
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    @j_simpson

Weight loss pills are a complete farce and often dangerous as well. Fat burner pills are proven to not work at all (except for the illegal ones where you will actually excrete undigested fat in your poop. Also to clarify that they don't burn stored fat, instead lessen your ability to absorb fat eaten which is why it is excreted).

The only thing which will help your to lose weight is maintaining a calorie deficit, be that obtained by consuming less calories or exercising more. Ideally you should do both in order to preserve as much lean body mass as possible whilst losing as much fat as possible.

Spouting advice which is not proven other than with second hand anecdotal evidence is a large part of why there is so much confusion and misinformation in the health industry. This is why there are so many frauds all pushing their own brand of diet pill or quick weight loss solution.

There is no quick safe way to lose weight. It takes time, effort and a lifestyle change. What happens in the case of your friend when they stop taking diet pills or finish their allotted diet plan? They've learned nothing about the food they eat and likely changed nothing in their life to take this into account. Therefore the weight will creep back on. Welcome to the world of crash course yo-yo dieting.
    semiticgoddessBelgarathMTHGreenWarlock
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    If a pill isn't prescribed by your doctor, there's a good chance you shouldn't be taking it.
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    Link removed, spam is not allowed.
    [Deleted User]
  • alastair93alastair93 Member Posts: 117
    There's an awful lot of bullshit surrounding diets and nutrition on the ol' Internet. Like someone said earlier, it's very difficult to get high quality, scientific and evidence-based information. Even going by the scientific literature alone, you run into big problems. One of these is that a lot of health advice regarding dieting is from a very old body of literature from 20+ years ago. Another is that studies looking at weight loss tend to be published in shitty scientific journals that are statistically underpowered, underfunded and not of the same quality that you'd find in a cancer drug trial. Though I think things are starting to improve, what with the explosion in obesity.

I know that you are primarily concerned with diet - but if you exercise then you can eat much more food without putting on weight. If you build more muscle, your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) with increase - so you'll need more calories per day just to keep your tissues alive. Muscle is very metabolically active (even when you're not using it), so you need more calories to keep it going.

Also keep in mind that the diet that works for other people won't necessarily work for you. There was a big study published in Cell last year that monitored 800 people, specifically looking at how they responded to 'healthy' and 'unhealthy' foods (in terms of glucose spikes, which cause fat deposition). The researchers found that there was a huge variation in how people responded to identical foods, even those considered 'healthy'. This was largely dependent on their genetics and their gut bacteria. So I would disagree that weight loss is a basic calorie in vs calorie out issue, especially since we can mutate very specific genes in mice and cause weight-gain or weight-loss on identical diets to their unmodified counterparts.
    semiticgoddess
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    edited April 2016
    Begone spammer!

Websites like that summarise exactly what is wrong with the health industry. Misinformation stacked upon bulls**t designed to confuse the beginner and try to sell them rubbish.

[EDIT] there was a spam post above which got deleted linking to some rubbish acai berry weight loss website. I wasn't ranting at the current previous post :)
    Post edited by moody_mage on
    semiticgoddess
    edited August 2016
    JuliusBorisovsemiticgoddess
    @Shandyr @JuliusBorisov I don't understand why we don't have better registration control. Just a simple thing like

"To register, please answer this question. What is the name of Minsc's animal companion? (BOO)"

Would prevent bots from registering on the forum.
    semiticgoddess
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    edited August 2016
    Shandyr said:

I think I need a different title for this thread. I will think of something.

How about:

"My journey to broccoli-eating" ?

or

"How to build your character" ?

(Please don't choose the second one, i would like to start a thread with that title for some time now.)
    edited August 2016
    @Shandyr A person can google that in 15 seconds.

EDIT: make that 5 seconds
    edited August 2016
    lolienFinneousPJ
    edited August 2016
    FinneousPJ
    @Shandyr Nah, at the moment not really. Of course, if your theory is right and they employ real people, sure they could do it if they have the motivation. However, I think it's more likely they would just move on to the next site hoping it's easier to register there.
    edited August 2016
    lolienAnduin
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    This may be a wholly British food... But Spam is very nutritious and great on toast...

Or a Rivita in your case Simple Handyr.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Anduin said:

This may be a wholly British food... But Spam is very nutritious and great on toast...

Or a Rivita in your case Simple Handyr.

Spam is ubiquitous. It will sometimes spontaneously appear on store shelves when no-one is looking.
    SkatanRavenslight
This discussion has been closed.