Skip to content

Things that never happen in Baldur's Gate

Comments

• ZansoZanso Member Posts: 136
    122. Jan Jansen shuts up (not that I want him to, but he never does :smiley: )
    drakirBelgarathMTHMontresor_SP
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    123. NPCs romance each other. Relevant: I've been playing Fire Emblem where (almost) anyone can hitch up.
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
  • ZansoZanso Member Posts: 136
    edited March 2016

123. NPCs romance each other. Relevant: I've been playing Fire Emblem where (almost) anyone can hitch up.

@Artemius_I
    Actually doesn't two certain NPCs romance each other? She will choose him over you, if I am correct.

[Spoiler]
    Haer'Dalis and Aerie
    [/Spoiler]
    Post edited by Zanso on
    [Deleted User]Grumrorikon
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    @121. but that DOES happen in Baldur's Gate? Shouldn't it be..

122. Charname, Jaheira and Khalid arrives in Nashkel after a long journey from the Friendly Arm Inn. After talking to the local guards, charname walks towards a farm field. He walks out into the middle of the field, and ramdomly gets down on his knees and thrusts arms elbow-deep into the moist mixture of dirt and manure that is the field. Khalid and Jaheira, who are visibly shocked, fearing that the death of Gorion may have taken its phychological toll on poor charname, become even more shocked when charname's dung-covered arms rise up from the ground, emptyhandedly. Charname then chooses a new random place to dig down his/her arms, only to once again bring them up emptyhanded. It's obvious Jaheira's and Khalid's first assessment of the situation was indeed correct, only a true madman would dig down his precious armor in the middle of a farm field, and only a true psycho would randomly dig for it. Charname has gone bananas!
    mashedtatersJuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited March 2016
    125. Powerful mages become liches.
    126. Evil mages in your party get a quest to acquire lichdom.
    mashedtatersbrus
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100

Haer'Dalis and Aerie

Korgan and Mazzy (not completely explicit but you see it)

Edwin tries and fails with Viconia
    semiticgoddess
  • OtherguyOtherguy Member Posts: 157
    127. Upon entering an enemy stronghold the sentries actually do their job and sound the alarm thus a party of brave adventurers, including a child of Bhaal, are swiftly surrounded and killed.
    mashedtatersGrum
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Gorion comes looking for CHARNAME after he spends weeks in Winthrop's Inn to heal up from murdering Candlekeep Guards he lured off into some dark corner.
    SkatanNybCRPermidion_Stark
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisovNonnahswriter
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    130. Imoen can't cast Grease because she doesn't have a lump of pig fat in her pocket as a spell component.
    SkatanJuliusBorisov[Deleted User]Nonnahswriter
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    deltago said:

132. A priest enters his quarters to find an assassin lying in wait. With a quick command spell, the assasin gives up the identity of the man who hired him in Baldur's Gate. Contacting the Flaming Fist mercenary company upon the revelation, the law enforcement arrest the man for attempted murder. Upon arrest, the man is searched and a journal outlining an plan to bring the sword coast to war with its neighbour Amn is revealed.

In a well organized and coordinated raids, The iron throne, the bandit camp, and the cloakwood and nashkel mines are taken over by force by the flaming fist on the same day Character Name purchases some bolts for Fuller.

I would so play a game that starts off that way, where Charname is a flaming fist mercenary sent to do that.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    134. People avoid the party because of the stench of all those bandit scalps they're carrying around.
    semiticgoddessBelgarathMTHJuliusBorisov
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    44. Noober kills charname, ascends throne of bhaal for himself
    [Deleted User]NimranMontresor_SP
  • abazigal5abazigal5 Member Posts: 290
    136. After many nights spent sleeping in full armor, Charname finally decides to take off his/her armor before bedding down.
    Spjuv3rnGrumJuliusBorisov
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    138. You walk into a store and the owner gives you money out of fear
    139. You walk into a store and the owner gives you money out of admiration
    mashedtatersGrumJuliusBorisov
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    141. A cleric realizes that there is more chance of his enemy surviving an encounter, and thus be redeemed in the future should be recover, if he attacks with a dagger instead of a four headed spiked flail that oozes acid, spits fire, strikes with lightning, and freezes people to death.
    JuliusBorisovdrakirBelgarathMTHMontresor_SP
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    150. A group of adventurer's walk into the merchant's league of Baldur's Gate, kills everyone and walks out with the sea charts. People in the city actually cares and the local militia is qiuckly scrambled to stop the evil-doers.
    JuliusBorisovdrakirBelgarathMTH